University Living Social Scholarship, a worldwide student housing provider, has gone above and beyond to ensure that good acts are rewarded. They have created a scholarship for Indian citizens who have contributed in some manner or form to benefit society, the environment, or the lives of those around them, as part of an initiative launched in collaboration with Nottingham Trent University in the United Kingdom.
According to the Bureau of Immigration (BoI), over 1.33 million Indians have gone overseas for higher education so far this year, with the majority of them going to the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. This demonstrates that the epidemic has had no effect on their ambitions to study abroad. HESA data indicates that 605,000 foreign students were studying at UK universities in 20/21, despite the tremendous hurdles of C-19, according to a post shared on LinkedIn by Stephanie Harris, Acting Assistant Director for Policy and Global Engagement at Universities UK International. 8 years ahead of schedule in meeting the UK government’s aim under the International Education Strategy.”
What Is University Living Social Scholarship 2023?
The scholarship creates in response to an increase in the number of students applying to Nottingham. “The goal was to assist students to realize their dream of studying overseas,” stated Saurabh Arora, Founder, and CEO of University Living. “We wanted to honor those students who are making a positive influence on the people and environments around them.” We purposefully choose not to provide scholarships based on grades or academic performance, but rather on a person’s heart. Because it is more than simply a cut-and-dry scholarship, we call it “Scholarship with a Soul.” We intended to instill in them the belief that doing good pays off.” University Living also announced that they plan to launch 2 more scholarships as part of their scholarship initiative, including a Living Scholarship to cover part of their accommodation expenses and an Academic Scholarship, which will help cover part of their tuition fees.
Also Check: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Key Highlights of Scholarship
|Conducted by||Nottingham Trent University|
|Name of Scholarship||University Living Social Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||Aimed at rewarding students who have played an impactful role in bettering society|
|Eligibility Criteria||Only for Indians|
|Official Website||University Living Social|
Objective of University Living Social Scholarship
The idea of the scholarship conceives owing to a growing number of students applying to Nottingham. “The ‘Social Scholarship’ aims at rewarding students who play an impactful role in bettering society. “The idea was to help make the dream of students looking to study abroad a reality. The aim is to encourage those students to make a difference and create a social impact on the people or places around them. It is consciously to not base the scholarship on grades or academic performance but reward the heart of a person. They fondly refer to it as ‘Scholarship with a soul’ as it is more than just a cut-and-dry scholarship. The motive is to instill in students the reaffirmation that good deeds do pay.”
Benefits of University Living Social Scholarship
The award will be worth £5000 and will be available to all students of Indian descent. This is split across a £3000 tuition fee discount by NTU and a £2000 accommodation discount by University Living.
- All students studying for an undergraduate, postgraduate, or diploma at NTU are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidate must have offer a seat on an approved NTU course.
- They should have reserved a room with University Living and be in possession of a valid booking ID.
- The candidate’s efforts must have influenced social change and development, encouraged social cohesion, or aided in the empowerment of minorities and impoverished people. Alternatively, any project aimed at improving society, the environment, or animal welfare will assess.
- It is state that the size of the impact or the number of persons affect would not be a decisive factor in the scholarship grant.
- Only Indian residents residing in India are eligible for this scholarship.
- Full-time students are eligible for scholarships.
- All scholarship students must fulfill all criteria related to their academic offer from NTU, as well as all visa and immigration requirements, in addition to meeting the qualifying requirements and terms and conditions of the scholarship grant.
- If you have complete our scholarship application form, film, and submit your video to social media with proper labeling, your entry will deem genuine.
The last date to submit your details along with your video application will update soon.
Application Procedure for University Living Social Scholarship 2023
- Applicants first visit the University Living Social website of the University Living Social Scholarship 2023.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you’ll scroll down to fill out the application form.
- On the application form, you have to enter your details such as:
- Applicant Name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Or more details.
- After filling in all the details click on the submit button.
- Now you have to record a video showcasing your social impact.
- After that, upload that video on Instagram as a post and tag University Living & NTU.
Terms and Conditions for the NTU-University Living India Social Scholarship (NTU-UL ICS)
- To be eligible for the NTU-UL ICS, you must have an offer of a place on an eligible course (excluding SQE Preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, Distance Learning, and Exchange students) and be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes (‘international student’). You must also book your university accommodation through University Living.
- Eligible postgraduate Masters’s courses are Master level awards (full-time and part-time only). Excluded courses: LLM BTC, LLM LPC (full-time, part-time, distance-learning), LLM (distance learning), MSc Human Resource Management (part-time), MA International Relations (Online), MA Social Work, MA Advanced Social Work Practice, MA Careers Leaders Training Programme, MArch Architecture, MSc Biomedical Science (flexible learning). NTU reserves the right to exclude other courses at their discretion. Errors and omissions accepted.
- The total value of the scholarship is £5000. This is split across a £3000 tuition fee discount by NTU and a £2000 accommodation discount by University Living.
- This scholarship is open to applicants from India only. Please visit ntu.ac.uk/internationalscholarships for information on our other awards.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for either an NTU International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- Applicants must be international students starting a new course of study at NTU in September 2022. We cannot consider applications from international students who were enrolled in a course of study at NTU before January 2022, unless they are progressing onto a new course of study at NTU.
- Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary, and/or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sports Scholarship).
- The successful applicant will be contacted within 2 weeks of the final deadline and we will also announce the successful applicant through the NTU and University Living social media channels.
- The scholarship is applied to the tuition fee when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer/ and accepts and meets the conditions of their course offer/ and is eligible to enrol on the course.
- Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided in the application video/picture.
- NTU and University Living’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
- If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador or to appear in online and/or printed marketing materials for NTU and University Living. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph that may be used to promote NTU and NTU’s scholarship schemes and courses or University Living’s services. Your name and course will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration scheme. By applying to this scholarship you are consenting to this.
- United Kingdom
- 3rd Floor 86-90 Paul Street
- London EC2A 4NE
- Floor 3, Plot No.-8, 8 Square Building, Sector 125, Noida – 201301