There are a variety of scholarships that are available for students who wish to study in Japan. Although many of them are provided by external entities, there are some scholarships awarded directly by the University of Tokyo. Some scholarships should be applied for prior to arrival in Japan while others can be applied for after arriving in Japan. Applications are open to apply for the University of Tokyo Scholarships in Japan 2023. The University of Tokyo is the National University of Japan of fully funded scholarships to study master’s and Ph.D. degree programs. Tokyo University is ranked first in Japan and 24th in World University Ranking. The University is the first public University in Japan.
All the expenses will be covered under this scholarship. In this article, we cover each and every detail about the scholarship, its eligibility criteria, benefits, objective, application procedure, and much more.
About University of Tokyo Scholarships 2023
The University of Tokyo is ranked number one in Japan and 24th in the world. It is a fully-funded Japanese University of Tokyo Scholarship without IELTS and admissions are open in 2022 for the intake of 2023. The University of Tokyo or as the locals called- Todai competes for the highest position in the world. For scholarships, there is no need to submit or give any IELTS or TOEFL exams. You can study without IELTS at Tokyo University. The scholarship is funded by the MEXT Japanese Government. There are many scholarships in Japan without IELTS.
The Country is Consistently ranked in the Top 10 Countries for Education. The Japanese government also provides the largest number of scholarships each year. The University of Tokyo is offering a diverse field of academic programs. High educational standards, safe, peaceful place to study, no tuition fees, and generous scholarships.
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship
Key Highlights for Scholarship
|Conducted by||University of Tokyo, Japan|
|Name of scholarship||University of Tokyo Scholarships|
|Objective||Offering fully funded scholarships to study Master’s and Ph.D. degree programs|
|Benefits||Fully funded is a scholarship|
|Eligibility criteria||For master’s and Ph.D. degrees only|
|Deadline||April 20, 2022|
University of Tokyo Scholarships Objective
The University of Tokyo is second in the world in the Professional Ranking of World Universities, with Harvard in the first place. The university is providing a fully-funded scholarship for the students who want to pursue master and Ph.D. degree programs. Under the scholarship, IELTS is not required for granting admission/scholarship to international students. The University of Tokyo enrolls approximately 30,000 students each academic year, among which the number of international students is over 4,200.
Benefits of the University of Tokyo Scholarships
The funding packages of Japanese scholarships differ from one to another depending upon funds availability, and the merit of applicants. Therefore applicants can expect low fees for totally free education, free accommodation facilities, air ticket funding, Japanese study visa fees scholarship, monthly stipend, Health insurance for students, and many other academic benefits.
There are basic eligibility criteria for the University of Tokyo scholarship in Japan 2022.
- International students from around the world from any country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Must apply for the field of study that day started at the previous university or related field.
- There is no need for a language test.
The last date for submission of the application form for the University of Tokyo Scholarship is 20th April 2022.
* This letter must fulfill all of the following conditions:
- The name of the addressee stated in the letter must be “the President of the University of Tokyo”
- The letter must print on your university’s letterhead.
- Passport-type photo taken within the last 6 months (4.5 x 3.5 cm, upper-body, full-faced, without a cap)
- Write name and nationality on the back and glue it to the application form. A photo in electronic data format is acceptable.
- An official transcript from the last university attended (at undergraduate or graduate level).
- If you are currently enrol in a university (at the undergraduate or graduate level), please submit an official transcript of the last degree program (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.) that you have graduated from, as well as an official transcript of your current degree program.
- You must also submit (an) official document(s) that specifies and explains the grading system(s) if it is not indicate in your transcript(s).
- Proof of language ability certifying that one of the Language Proficiency conditions applies.
- Abstract of graduation thesis(should be concise and to the point)
- Official statement of (expected) graduation of the last university attended.
- If you will graduate from your current program after submitting your MEXT application, you must submit an official statement provided by your university that indicates the date of your expected graduation.
- A copy of the student’s passport (The page with the photo)
Application Procedure for University of Tokyo Scholarships
- Applications must submit the required documents for MEXT Scholarship after completing their admission application for entering the Master’s/Doctor program.
- The documents must be in either Japanese or English language. They must create in A4 format using software such as MS word and must printed double-sided and documents written in any other language must be accompanied by a Japanese translation.
- An application will not consider unless all application forms and necessary documents are complete correctly and all accompanying documents are complete.
- You can directly click here to know more about the application process
- For more inquiries visit the official website of the University of Tokyo Scholarship.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Contact link.
- The contact page will open where you can call on given numbers.