The World Trade Organisation has invited young economists for the WTO Essay Award 2022-23. Online application forms are invited through email. Interested young economists who wish to get the opportunity have to submit the application by 6 June 2022. All the information related to the award is available in this article. You may check the details like benefits, eligibility criteria, and many more including step by step application process from the below-given segment of the article.
WTO Essay Award
Young Economists who are eagerly waiting for the WTO Essay Award, need not wait anymore. The World Trade Organisation has issued a notification to invite the appellants to submit their essays for the award. Selection of the applicants will done by the academic selection panel. By providing this award the World Trade Organisation wishes to endorse high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation. Interested applicants may check their eligibility and submit the essay before the last date. Read the next segment to get more information.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Bright Student Award Scholarship
Highlights Of WTO Essay Award
- Article about: WTO Essay Award
- Launched by: World Trade Organisation
- Launched for: Young Economists
- Benefits: check below
- Mode of application: online
- Last date: 6 June, 2022
- Official site: www.wto.org
Objective Of WTO Essay Award
The main objective of the World Trade Organisation behind the WTO Essay Award is
- To endorse high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation
- To strengthen the relationship between the WTO and the academic community
INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award
Benefits/ features Of WTO Essay Award
- Selected winners will get a prize of CHF 5,000
- The prize will equally divide among the authors if it is a co-authored essay.
- The official announcement of the winner will be made at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG) (largest international trade conference).
- Winning authors will get the funding to attend the meeting.
- The award ceremony will take place at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
- A winning essay might be published in the WTO Working Paper Series.
- The applicant should be an international citizen or resident of Australia
- Applicant must have completed or engaged in the completion of a Ph.D. degree
- If the age of the applicant is more than 30 years then should not be more than two years past a Ph.D. defense.
INAE Outstanding Teacher Award
- Selection of the winners will be made by the Academic Selection Panel.
- The panel comprises
- Professor Beata Javorcik (University of Oxford)
- Professor Robert Staiger (Dartmouth College)
- Professor Alberto Trejos (INCAE Business School).
- The panel will shortlist the winning easily and the selected candidate will get the intimation by 15 July.
- An announcement of the winner will be made during the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG).
WTO Essay Award 2022-23 Application Procedure
To get the award applicants have to submit their essays. To do so you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you have to write an essay in not more than 15000 words.
- Then you have to create a CV in which you have to specify the following
- current affiliation(s),
- the academic institution awarding the Ph.D.,
- the year (or the expected year) of the Ph.D.,
- the date of birth of the author(s).
- Now you need to create a PDF file and then forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date to submit the essays is 6 June 2022
- The Economic Research and Statistics Division of the WTO Secretariat will shortlist eligible papers by 17 June 2022
- The selection panel will make a final decision by 15 July 2022
- The award ceremony will take place on 8-10 September 2022