Andhra Pradesh’s Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy established the YSR Crop Insurance Scheme for the state’s farmers on December 15, 2020. The government has taken on the task of assisting farmers through challenging times. To relieve farmers of the premium burden, the government has introduced a free crop insurance scheme. Read below to check the detailed information related to the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2022 like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, Application Status, and much more.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2022
Farmers lose crops every year as a result of natural disasters. To address this issue, the government has launched a number of insurance schemes. The Andhra Pradesh government implemented a scheme i.e., YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme with no premium burden on farmers. This policy will compensate farmers for the loss of all designated crops due to natural disasters. There will be approximately 22 crops that have been notified.
This crop insurance will be provided at no cost. Earlier, farmers had to pay a significant price in order to benefit from the YSR Crop Insurance Scheme. However, under this arrangement, there is no need to pay the premium because the state and federal governments will cover the remainder. Farmers can enroll in this scheme for as little as Rs 1 under this scheme. The government is going to reimburse the claim amount to farmers who lost crops during Kharif 2020.
Also Read: AABY Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh
Highlights of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
|Scheme Name||YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Introduced by||Andhra Pradesh’s Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Language||వైయస్ఆర్ ఉచిత పంట బీమా పథకం|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||Andhra Pradesh|
|Beneficiaries||Andhra Pradesh Farmers|
|Major Benefit||Farmers will be given the insurance at no cost.|
|Scheme Objective||To provide crop insurance coverage to all of the state’s farmers|
|Number of beneficiaries||Approximately 9.48 lakh|
|Amount of insurance||Rs 1252 crore|
Objectives of AP Free Crop Insurance Scheme
The Andhra Pradesh Free Crop Insurance Scheme intends to make crop insurance simple and affordable to farmers so that every farmer can benefit from it. This system will cover all-natural disasters such as strong rainfall, droughts, cyclones, and so forth. The government will provide financial assistance for crops lost as a result of these natural disasters. The State Government redesigned the system by financing the entire insurance premium, guaranteeing that all farmers participating in the e-crop platform receive their share of insurance straight from the insurer, with no intermediates. The Scheme’s execution will also increase system transparency.
Also Check: EPFO Pension Scheme for Formal
Benefits of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
Some of the key benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- Under the AP YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme, 15 lakh farmers would receive crop insurance worth Rs 1,820.23 crore.
- As a result, the state government implemented a free crop insurance plan that did not impose any premium burden on them.
- This scheme provides for the direct deposit of Rs 1,252 crore into the bank accounts of 9.48 lakh farmers who lost crops during Kharif 2019.
- The government will ensure approximately 45 million hectares of land.
Features of AP Free Crop Insurance Scheme
Some of the key features of the scheme are as follows:
- Mr. Jaganmohan Reddy, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, announced the scheme on December 15, 2020.
- The Andhra government has taken up the problem to help farmers and has processed claims in a timely manner, in addition to paying the entire premium on their behalf.
- Mr. Jagan stated that his government has taken on the obligation of assisting farmers in difficult circumstances.
- The premium would be paid by the government in addition to the government share.
- Dr. YSSAR said that the free crop insurance scheme insured 21 varieties of crops and included 35.75 lakh hectares for 9 types based on the climate.
- The information of the growers of the registered crops will be recorded in This Crop.
Also Check: Andhra Pradesh Scholarship
Applicants who want to apply for the scheme must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. The eligibility criteria for YSR Free Crop Insurance are as follows:
- The applicant must be an Andhra Pradesh permanent resident.
- The candidate must be a farmer who has not taken out any other crop insurance in the state.
While filling up the application form for the scheme, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for Free Crop Insurance Scheme are as follows:
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar card
- Mobile number
- Residence certificate
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
Steps to Apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the scheme
- First of all, go to the YSR website of the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme under the department of agriculture, the government of Andhra Pradesh
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme link
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- After that upload all the required documents
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
Steps to Check the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Beneficiary Status
To check the Beneficiary Status, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme under the department of agriculture, the government of Andhra Pradesh
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the beneficiary list
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, select your district and year
- Finally, click on the Submit button to check the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2022 Beneficiary Status
Claim Amount Paid So Far
The government of Andhra Pradesh has also paid a crop insurance payment of Rs 122.61 crore for the 2018-19 Rabi seasons, which the TDP administration had left outstanding. This premium was paid on June 26th, 2020. After that, roughly Rs 596.26 crores is paid to 5.94 lakh farmers, while the Andhra Pradesh government has paid Rs 468 crore for Kharif 2019. The number of farmers insured through the Scheme rose between 2016 and 2020.
- 17.79 lakh farmers were covered in 2016-17.
- In the 2017-18 fiscal years, 18.22 lakh farmers were covered.
- The number of farmers covered in 2018-19 was 24.83 lakh, while in 2019-20, the number of farmers enrolled in the Crop Insurance Scheme has climbed to 49.50 lakh.
- Now 15.15 million farmers are expected to work in 2020-21.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- Agriculture Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Commissioner and Director of Agriculture Department,
- Old Mirchi Yard
- Nallapadu Road, Chuttagunta,
- Guntur- 522004
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org