PM Yuva mentorship program is entering the second phase after successfully concluding the first phase of this scheme which was very successful. National education policy was created in order to empower young minds in India and in order to encourage that policy the Prime Minister of India has made the PM Yuva mentorship program in order to provide opportunities to young minds and also polish the skills of young writers. The first mentorship program was launched on 31st May 2021 and it was based on the theme of the National Movement of India which focused on unsung heroes or little-known facts about the freedom struggle. Many people participated in that scheme and now the PM Yuva 2.0 scheme is initiated by the government. Check out the article given below in order to know more about the same.
What Is PM Yuva 2.0?
The second phase of the mentorship program is now initiated and was launched on the second of October 2022 in order to provide another chance for young writers so they can indulge in practices that will help them to focus on important stuff like writing about their own nation. The people can fill out the application form if they want to participate in this prestigious scheme presented by the Indian government to bring out the talent in young authors present in India so that they can get their books published with the national government and also gain traction. The theme for this year’s program is democracy. The applicant will have to work around the theme of democracy and will have to write by the 15th of January.
Details Of PM Yuva Yojana
|Name||Yuva Pradhanmantri Scholarship|
|Launched by||Ministry of Higher Education|
|Objective||Providing 50000 rupees|
|Beneficiary||Young and budding writers|
|No of Beneficiaries||75|
Theme Of PM Yuva 2.0
The Theme of PM-YUVA 2.0 is Democracy (Institutions, Events, People, and Constitutional Values):-
- Constitutional Values
- The scheme will help to develop a stream of writers who can write on various facets of Democracy in India encompassing the past, present, and future. Besides, the scheme will also provide a window for aspiring youth to articulate themselves and present a comprehensive outlook of Indian democratic values on domestic as well as international platforms.
- The Theme is specific to Democracy in the Indian context only so as to give a fillip to research and documentation about various aspects of the Indian democratic system.
Proposal For PM Yuva 2.0
This proposal of mentorship of young authors is in tune with PM’s vision of Global Citizen which needs to launch to train young and budding authors up to the age of 30 years in order to promote reading, writing, and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally. To comprehensively understand the concept of the evolution of democracy and its trajectory in India it needs to be studied under various subheadings like the constitution, women, youth, religion, history, human rights, education, nationalism, culture, etc. which would be the primary aim of the PM-YUVA 2.0 mentorship Scheme.
Implementation Of PM Yuva 2.0
The scholarship will implement basis on the selection procedure provided in the pointers given below:-
- A total of 75 authors will get selection through an All India Contest host on the MyGov platform.
- The selection will be by a Committee to constitute by NBT.
- The Scheme will launch on 2nd October 2022
- The Contest Period will be from 2nd October to 15th January 2023.
- The contestants will ask to submit a Book proposal of 10,000 words. Therefore, the division is as per the following:
- Synopsis: 2000-3000 words
- Chapter Plan: Yes
- Two-three sample chapters: 7000-8000 words
- Bibliography and References: Yes
- The Evaluation Period of the Proposals will be from 16th January 2023 – 31st March 2023
- The Meeting of the National Jury will occur in April 2023
- The names of selected authors will announce in May 2023
- The Mentorship duration would be from 1st June 2023 – 30th November 2023
- The publication of the first set of books will commence on 1st February 2024
Guidelines For PM Yuva 2.0
The applicant must follow the following guidelines in order to successfully apply for this scholarship:-
- Applicants who had qualified for the PM-YUVA scheme 2021-22 (final Result only) are not eligible for PM-YUVA 2.0 scheme 2022-23.
- Contestants should not have any personal, professional, or academic obligations that interfere with the mentorship schedule during the PM-YUVA 2.0.
- The maximum age of the contestant should be exactly 30 years or below as of 2nd October 2022.
- The submissions of the manuscript will accept through MyGov only till 11:59 PM on 15th January 2023.
- The genre of the entry of the PM-YUVA 2.0 scheme should be Non-Fiction only.
- The change of topic of the Book Proposal will not allow after submission.
- There should be only ONE entry per person. Those who have already submitted may resubmit their entry. In that case, their first entry will be treated as withdrawn. Ultimately only one entry will evaluate per participant.
The applicants can check out the details of the mentorship schedule from the pointers below if they selects for the scholarship:-
- The National Book Trust, India will organize a Two-Week Writers’ Online Programme for the selected candidates.
- During this, the young authors will get training by two eminent authors/mentors from NBT’s panel of accomplished authors and writers.
- In addition, eminent authors/mentors under NBT’s Advisory Panel and other eminent authors from various languages will mentor and guide them on how to exercise their literary skills.
- The eco-system of publishing–how content is created, authors are mentored, the editorial processes that take place, and literary agents spot creative talent would be an integral aspect of the programme.
- The authors will get to expand their understanding and hone their skills through interaction at various international events such as Literary Festivals, Book Fairs, Virtual Book Fair, Cultural Exchange Programmes, etc.
Disbursement of Scholarships
The following scholarships will provide for the people who get selection as per their writing:-
- At the end of training and mentorship, a consolidated scholarship of Rs. 50,000 per month for a period of six months (50,000 x 6 = Rs. 3 Lakh) per author will pay under the Mentorship Scheme for the books develop under the scheme.
- A royalty of 10% will be payable to the authors on successful publications of their books at the end of the Mentorship Program.
- The books thus published under the scheme may translate into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture and literature between different states of India and thereby promoting Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat.
- They will also give a platform to promote their books and also to propagate the Reading and Writing culture on a national scale.
The applicants can write their book in the following languages presented by the organization:-
- (1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya,(13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu,(19) Bodo, (20) Santali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
Structure Of The Entry
The entry should have a chapter plan, synopsis, and two-three sample chapters with 10,000 as the maximum word limit as per the following format:-
|3||Two-three sample chapters||7000-8000 words|
|4||Bibliography and References|
Format of Submission
The applicant must follow the following format when they are submitting their application for this scholarship:-
|S.No||Language||Font Style||Font Size|
|1||English||Times New Roman||14|
|3||Other Language||Equivalent Font||Equivalent Size|
युवा प्रधानमंत्री योजना Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- The applicant must be of age below 30.
- He/ She must be a writer promoting Indian culture through his/ her writing
Yuva Pradhanmantri Scholarship Selection Process
- First of all, the beneficiaries will have to take part in the all-India competition which will organize by the organization releasing this scholarship which is the Ministry of Higher Education.
- 75 writers will select through that all-India competition conducted by the organization.
- The winners of this all-India competition will declare on 15th August 2021.
- The beneficiaries will be provided mentorship by renowned writers of India.
- The beneficiaries will be provided training so that they can publish their own book within the time period of 6 months.
- On 15th December 2021, the manuscript will submit by the writers and the manuscript will then read out by the mentors
- The beneficiaries will have to prepare a book related to the freedom struggle of India and stories regarding the freedom fighters and the saga of Indian freedom right from the start.
- Finally, on 12th January 2022, the books will publish.
- Rupees 50000 will be provided for the time period of six months to each and every beneficiary as a fellowship to write their book.
How to Apply for Yuva Pradhanmantri Scholarship
The official application procedure for the scheme is not yet available however the candidates can follow the following procedure to apply for this scheme:-
- Click on the link to go to the official web page for the scholarship scheme
- The details of the scholarship will display on your screen
- You have to click on the latest updates section
- Go to the link related to the scholarship scheme
- Click on the apply online button
- The application form will display on your screen
- You have to fill up the application form.
- Upload all of the documents
- Submit your writing through the all-India competition.
- Finally, wait for the result
Submit Your Entry for Yuva Pradhanmantri Scholarship
- Open the Official Webpage of the innovateindia.
- Now from the homepage, select the Click Here to Submit option.
- Login with your details if already registered or click on the Register Now option.
- Enter details like name, email id, mobile number, etc in the registration form.
- Now click on the Create Account option.
- You will register successfully.
- Now login with your details.
- Submit your entry now.
Register With SMS
The applicants can also register themselves by just sending an SMS from their mobile number. For that, you have to send an SMS to MYGOV Space <Your Name> for example MYGOV Ramesh to the Number +91-7738299899
Download Participation Certificate
- Open the Official Webpage of the innovateindia.
- The homepage of the website will open.
- Click on the Download Participation Certificate option.
- Login with the details in the form.
- Click on the Download option and take a printout of the certificate.
MyGov Mobile App
- Open the Play Store of your mobile.
- Now in the search bar type MyGov.
- Click on the topmost result.
- The application will open on the screen.
- Click on the Install option.
- The application will download on your device.
The major themes are Unsung Heroes; Little known facts about the National Movement; the Role of various places in the National Movement; Entries bringing out new perspectives related to political, cultural, economic, or science-related aspects of a national movement, etc.
The duration of the contest is from 4th June 2021 to 31st July 2021 (11.59 PM)
The submissions will be accepted till 11:59 PM on 31 July 2021 on MyGov.
Yes, you can write in English also in any of the following languages as listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution of India:
(1) Asamiya, (2) Bangla, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Odia, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu, (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri
You should be exactly 30 years or below as on 1st June 2021.
Citizens of India aged 30 years or below as on 1st June 2021.
Only Indian nationals including those holding PIOs or NRIs holding Indian passports can participate in the contest.
Yes, kindly attach a copy of your passport/PIO card with your entry.
Only one entry per contestant is allowed.
It should have a chapter plan, synopsis, and two-three chapters (if the entry has chapters) within a maximum word limit of 5000 words.
A maximum word limit of 5000 should be adhered to.
You will receive an acknowledgment email from MyGov. Don’t forget to download your certificate of participation after the final submission.
No. Kindly mention in 100-150 words the gist of your entry in either English or Hindi.
No minimum age has been prescribed.
No. It should be neatly typed.
You can submit both fiction and non-fiction.
You can send collections of short stories, novellas, historical fiction, inspirational, romance fiction, fiction for children, fiction for young adults, etc. The background of the fiction genre of manuscripts should be pertaining to the period of a national movement.
You can send travelogues, memoirs, or informative/research-based manuscripts dealing with various political, social, cultural, economic, or science-related aspects of a national movement, etc.
No, poetry will not be accepted.
On the inclusion of information from an external source in a non-fiction manuscript, the source needs to be mentioned as footnotes/endnotes or in a consolidated ‘Works Cited’ section if required.
Yes, it can be submitted in Unicode.
For English, the format should have a font style of Times New Roman and the font size should be 14. For other languages, an equivalent font style/size should be employed.
No, simultaneous submissions are not allowed.
Once an entry has been submitted, it cannot be edited or withdrawn. The ‘Save as draft’ option may be selected by a participant who wishes to further edit his/her entry, but such entries must be submitted before the last date of the contest. An entry saved in the draft after the last date of submission, shall not be considered.
Yes, the text can be supported with pictures or illustrations if you hold the copyright for the same.