Manabik Pension Scheme has been announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of the West Bengal Government. This scheme has been initiated by the government to support disabled persons in the state. You may check the eligibility conditions to grab the benefits under this scheme if you are from West Bengal. Check all the scheme-related information including apply process, benefits, documents required, important dates, and many other related details from the further section of this article.
Manabik Pension Scheme
Manabik Pension Scheme has been managed by the Department Of Women And Child Development & Social Welfare. The scheme was launched on 1st April 2018. Under this scheme, the government of West Bengal is going to support persons with disability in the state. The government is going to distribute the pension per month to the beneficiaries. The amount of the pension will be directly transferred to the applicant’s bank account. All those who wish to get the opportunity can submit the application form in the prescribed format. You can download the prescribed format from the further section of this article.
Also Check: West Bengal Career Guidance Portal
Highlights Of Manabik Pension Scheme
- Name of the scheme: Manabik Pension Scheme
- Launched by: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
- Department: Department Of Women And Child Development & Social Welfare
- Launched on: 1st April 2018
- Launched for: students
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: Manabik Pension
Objective Of Manabik Pension Scheme
The major objective of Banerjee’s government behind starting this scholarship program is to support the person with a disability in the state by providing them financial assistance per month.
Also Check: National Pension Scheme
Benefits Of Manabik Pension Scheme
Under the Manabik Scheme beneficiaries will get Rs 1000 per month directly in the bank account. To provide the pension to the beneficiaries of this scheme the government has sanctioned an amount of Rs. 250 crore for the successful implementation.
- The application should be an Indian citizen residing in West Bengal for the last 10 years at least
- Apricot must be suffering from a disability of 50% or more
- The annual income of the applicants family should not be more than 1 lakh per annum
- An applicant who is already getting the financial assistance under any other scheme of the government is not eligible to apply
- Address proof
- Disability certificate
- Income proof
- Medical officer declaration
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopy of passbook front page
- Government-approved ID card
- Another significant document
Manabik Pension Scheme 2022 Application Procedure
- To apply for the Manabik pension scheme you have to visit the Manabik Pension website
- From the opened page go to the schemes & Guidance option and look for the Manabik Scheme
- Read the information very carefully and download the application form
- You may directly click here to download the application form
- Now you have to take print of the application form and start filling in the details
- Mention all the significant information in it as required
- Attach all the documents along with the application as listed above
- Submit the application form to the District Magistrate of the concerned District.
Note: Applicants have to submit a life certificate once a year up to the first week of November to get the pension benefits to continue without any hassle.