Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya 2023 is an initiative of the Department of Education Government of Meghalaya. Under this initiative, the government is going to help needy students who are living in the villages situated near the border. If you are living in a border area village, then the information in this article is very valuable for you. You made check all the details related to the scholarship scheme including eligibility criteria, important dates, the application process, the selection process, and more.
Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya 2023
After the partition of India in 1947, the people who are living in the border area faced financial issues due to the closure of the trade channel. This also affects the students as well because their parents are not able to provide them with proper education. Due to the financial conditions of the family, many students give up their education. To help such students government comes up with a special scheme called Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya. This scholarship program is specially designed for students who are living in villages located near the border area as specified by Border Area Department. If you wish to grab the opportunity then read the further session of this article.
Also Check: Meghalaya Scholarship
Highlights Of Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya
- Name of the scheme: Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya
- Launched by: Department of Education, Government of Meghalaya
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: cash award
- Mode of application: online/ offline
- Official site: Border Area Scholarship
- The last date of submission of the application form will be updated soon.
Benefits Of Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya
The scholarship amount may vary as per the academic course or class of the student who wins the scholarship.
- The applicant must be living in a village located near the border area
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Meghalaya
- An applicant should be a student who is studying in a regular course up to degree level
- Applicant must not pursue Ph.D. or M Phil degree
- Applicant parents must not be government employees
- B Ed or M ED students can also apply but he/ she should not be an employee in any government or private sector.
Applicants have to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Passport size image
- Aadhar card
- Domicile Certificate
- Previous your academic certificates
- Current year admission proof
- Other significant documents as required
The selection of the students for the scholarship completely depends on the student’s academic and financial background.
Also Check: Bharat Petroleum Scholarship
Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya 2023 Application Procedure Online
To apply for the scholarship through online mode, students may have to follow the further-mentioned steps:
- From home page go to the service section
- Look for “Application form for Border Area Scholarship 2021 – Fresh/Renewal” link
- Click on it to open the new page, from where you have to select “don’t have account? Register here”
- Registration form will open on the screen, enter details
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Hit submit button to submit the form and verify your number
- Log in with the portal by using your login id and password
- Application form will open, enter the remaining details
- Complete the application, upload the documents
- Submit it after carefully review the details
Border Area Scholarship Meghalaya Application Form Download
To apply for the scholarship through offline mode, students may have to follow the further-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the Department of education government of Meghalaya
- Look for the border area scholarship Meghalaya-related link and hit on it
- Read the information that appears on the screen or carefully read this article
- Download the application form by hitting the download form option
- Take a print of the application and fill in all the necessary details
- Attach the signed documents with the application
- Submit the form to the head of your institution prior to the last date
Track Application Status
- Visit the official website of the Department of education government of Meghalaya.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed.
- Now on the homepage, you will find the Application Status option, click on it.
- A new popup page within the application form will appear.
- Select the option to track the application from any of the two options
- Through application reference number
- Through the OTP application details
- Enter the father-related details in the application form
- Now click on the submit option.