The Daksha Fellowship is India’s first law, policy, and business fellowship program which is conducted for young and mid-career lawyers, public policy professionals, and other graduates with a background in law. The Daksha Fellowship is a one-year program with a contemporary curriculum formulated by internationally renowned faculty in collaboration with leading legal practitioners and industry experts. The article will provide you with further details related to the Daksha Fellowship like the application process, eligibility criteria, benefits, selection process, last date to apply, and other details in the further section of the article.
What Is Daksha Fellowship 2023?
The fellowship is designed to facilitate fellows in advancing beyond policy and legal frameworks to understanding Technology, business practice, and communication in the digital age. Daksha Fellowship offers two specializations: Technology Law and Policy and Disputes and Regulatory Practice. These specializations have been crafted to train professionals for a rapidly growing technology sector, a highly regulated political economy, and a fast-changing dispute-resolution landscape in India.
Also Check: NLSIU Hindustan Unilever Scholarship
Key Highlights of Fellowship
|Name of Fellowship||Daksha Fellowship|
|The purpose of the fellowship||To channel industry exposure|
|Who can participate||Young and mid-career lawyers, public policy professionals, and other graduates|
|Duration of program||1 year|
|Amount||100% Fee waiver|
|Fellowship type||Residential Fellowship Program|
Objectives of Daksha Fellowship
This Fellowship focuses on internship programs to channel industry exposure, pedagogic innovation that enhances the presence of domain experts, and global exposure through immersion programs and institutional partnerships are some of the key highlights of the program. Fellows will also build tool kits to effectively communicate in the digital age, and enhance their expertise and well-being through experiential labs and intensive boot camps. By combining academic rigor with top-notch curriculum design, industry exposure and global engagement the fellowship guides young lawyers and policy professionals to find their own Daksha, abilities, and skill sets that help them stand out.
Benefits of Daksha Fellowship
Students who are selected and granted 100% fee waiver under the fellowship.
The Daksha fellowship program is suitable for students who want to polish and build new skills related to law policies and other domains.
This Fellowship program helps students gain expertise in various domains of law, policy, disputes, and regulatory practice. This one-year fellowship comprises the following curriculum:
Basic Subjects- Fundamentals of Public Law
Fundamentals of Private Law
Finance and Accounting for Lawyers
Workshop on MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Foundations of Data and Statistics
Technology Law and Policy (Expertise)- Data Protection
Information Technology Act and Cybercrimes
Telecom Law and Regulatory Architecture
Taxation in the Digital Economy
Investments and Transactions in the Technology Sector
Intellectual Property Rights in the Digital Age
Emerging Technologies and Legaltech
Disputes and Regulatory Practice (Expertise)- Foundations of Dispute Resolution
Procedure and Evidence
The Regulatory State
Competition Law and M&A
Three specialized clusters: (Advanced Disputes cluster, Infrastructure and Sustainability cluster, Corporate and Financial cluster)
Applicants who wish to apply for the program must check the following eligibility criteria before applying:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in law from an Indian institution recognized by the Bar Council of India, or any degree that is equivalent to the LLB program from a university abroad.
- Those in their final year of studying law and who will complete their course by the start date of the fellowship are also eligible.
- Applicants must possess a distinguished record of academic and extracurricular achievements.
- Applicants must have strong writing and communication skills.
- The following is the process of admission for the Daksha Fellowship program:
- Application Submission and Evaluation.
- Entrance Test: Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test (DFAT), CLAT PG, LSAT-India.
- Panel Interview: Applicants who are shortlisted will be called for a personal interview round at the Daksha Fellowship City Campus in Chennai or in one of the metro cities. The final decision will be communicated to applicants approximately 10-14 days from the date of the interview.
Applicants must hold satisfactory scores in any one of the tests: CLAT PG or LSAT India score; or take the Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test (DFAT) and score a minimum of 50%.
The following documents must be attached while submitting the application form.
- Marksheet for Class 12.
- Entrance Exam score-card
- Updated Resume
- Relevant degree certificates and transcripts
- Other important documents supporting the application
Also Check: CCB Scholarship
Application Procedure for Daksha Fellowship
- The applicant should visit the official website of Daksha Fellowship.
- The home page will appear on the screen you have to enter your details such as-
- E-mail ID
- Country and
- Phone number
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Essays and Selection
- Internships and Professional Experience (if any)
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
Applicants who have completed the selection rounds will be successfully selected based on the evaluation of the following criteria:
- Performance of the candidate in 10th and 12th-grade board examinations.
- Applicant’s internship/work record (if any).
- Personal Statement
- Legal Essay
- Performance in the Admissions Tests: Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test (DFAT), LSAT India, or CLAT PG.
- Panel Interview
- Admissions Office
- Sai University, SSPDL Tower, 4th Floor, Beta Block, Navalur, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Chennai – 603103
- Phone: +91 9940057400, 044 6143 6143, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org