The Delhi Government has indicated a new batch of 30 junior engineers and 22 green fellows to strengthen the city’s environmental governance and Management. The engineers and fellows will add strength to the government’s environmental enforcement and regulatory measures. ” The Green Delhi Fellowship program is a one-of-a-kind initiative by the Arvind Kejriwal government for young motivated professionals to innovatively and creatively support Delhi’s environmental governance.” The fellows and engineers together will work under the close supervision of senior officials of the Delhi government on various environmental issues from air pollution to the preservation of forests and wetlands to human eye cleaning to solid waste management and other environmental issues. The Green Fellows will support the department in making strategies for data analysis, fieldwork, and empirical research among other tasks, adding that the recruits will also strengthen the forest department and aid the government’s forestry programs.
What is Green Delhi Fellowship?
The Green Delhi Fellowship program is a one-of-a-kind initiative by the Arvind Kejriwal government for young motivated professionals to innovatively and creatively support Delhi’s environmental governance. The Environment i.e.surroundings plays a vital role in anyone’s life. The Green Youth Fellowship invites all the educated unemployed youth to help in the noble cause of saving nature and the earth. Delhi has been the most polluted city in the world. So to stop the pollution someone has to take action and other than the government no one can make it better. So the real benefit of the fellowship is that it helps you to save nature. In this article, we provide you with brief information about Green Delhi Fellowship, its eligibility criteria, benefits, application procedure, objective, and much more.
Key Highlights of Green Delhi Fellowship
|Announced by||Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship (CMULF)|
|Name of Fellowship||Green Delhi Fellowship|
|Fellowship under||Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC)|
|Purpose||To Control Pollution|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Fellowship for||Delhi NCT Graduated Youth|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicant should be from Delhi|
Objectives of Green Delhi Fellowship
The Green Delhi Fellowship main objective is to clean and clear the City from pollution. The youth who have completed their academic and graduation courses from the capital city of Delhi will apply for the fellowship. The pollution increasing day by day has become the reason to announce the fellowship. Increasing pollution has created trouble for the citizens and government of Delhi. The educated unemployed youth will participate in the noble cause of saving nature and Earth, the air, water and everything in the environment is getting polluted so to stop the pollution Delhi government has to take some action.
Benefits of Green Delhi Fellowship
The major benefit of the Green Delhi Fellowship is to clean the city and provide employment to the educated unemployed youth of the city. Pollution is the major cause in Delhi. It is the most polluted city in the world. The Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal took the initiative to clean the City by approaching engineers and green fellows for this mission. The mission will include air pollution to the preservation of forest and wetlands to the Yamuna cleaning solid waste management and other environmental issues. The green fellows will support the department in making strategies in data analysis, fieldwork, empirical research among other tasks, strengths in the forest department, and aid the government forestry programs.
GYF Fellows are expected to be young people with a vision and enthusiasm for working towards making a better Planet. In addition to that, the minimum eligibility for being considered for the position of a Green Youth Fellow is as follows:
- The applicant must have completed graduation/ undergraduate degree in any scheme from a recognized public, private or deemed university located in India. A minimum three-year time period should have been spent for completing the graduation/ undergraduate degree.
- The applicant must have completed either her/his school education (at least Class XI and XII) from a school located in the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi and districts geographically contiguous with the NCT of Delhi or her/his graduation/ undergraduate degree from a University located in the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi and districts geographically contiguous with the NCT of Delhi.
- The applicant may be pursuing an educational degree, may have taken a year-off or may be gainfully employed at the time of applying for the Green Youth Fellowship. However, in all such cases the applicant must ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the applicant’s educational institution, personal goals or workplaces policies and the participation in this honorary fellowship
The Fellows who have interest to Save Mother Nature and want to protect the Environment by solving pollution-related problems. And for that, they can Participate in the Green Delhi Youth Fellowship for which Documents are listed below.
- Applicants Passport Size Two Photo.
- Two Identities that Prove that the Candidate is an Indian Citizen. (Aadhar Card, PAN, Card, Voter Card, License, Passport, etc. any two)
- Graduation/Under Graduation University Marksheet.
Application Procedure for Green Delhi Fellowship 2023
- Applicants who want to apply under Green Delhi Fellowship should visit their official website.
- The home page will appear on your screen where you have to click on the “Download the application form” link.
- The application form will be downloaded to your system.
- On the application form, you have to enter your details such as:
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Date of Birth
- Educational detail
- Work experience
- Current occupation
- Scan of any one Government issued ID card (in JPG, PNG or PDF).
- Scan of Bachelor’s degree (minimum eligibility for GYF) (in JPG, PNG or PDF)
- One Recent Photo of the applicant
- One recommendation letter.
- This form needs to be filled, converted to PDF and sent to email@example.com with the subject, “Application for Green Youth Fellowship at Delhi Greens”
- Delhi Greens
- D-16/57, Second Floor, Sector 7, Rohini, Delhi – 110085, India
- Phone: +91-8586-924-429
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://delhigreens.org