IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship: Jammu and Kashmir’s Indian Institute of Technology Jammu (IIT Jammu) is a public research university. The university was founded in 2016 when a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Department of Higher Education of the Government of Jammu and Kashmir and the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. In the hamlet of Jagti, Nagrota Tehsil, Jammu district, an IIT campus has been built. Jammu is the largest city in the Jammu Division and the winter capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is situated on the banks of the Tawi river, Jammu is located at 32.73°N 74.87°E. It has an average elevation of 327 m (1,073 ft). Jammu city lies at uneven ridges of low heights at the Shivalik hills.
About IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship 2023
The IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship 2023 is an internship opportunity for Ph.D. students sponsored by the Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu. The chosen intern will be assigned to the Accelerate Vigyan, SERB-sponsored VRITIKA event “Numerical Investigation on the Behaviour of Geosynthetics-reinforced Embankment Under Dynamic Impact Force of Rockfall.” The chosen intern will get a variety of prizes.
Applications are invited from interested candidates for 02 Research Internship positions to work under the VRITIKA event titled “Numerical investigation on the behavior of geosynthetics-reinforced embankment under dynamic impact force of rockfall” sanctioned by Accelerate Vigyan, SERB. The internship students will develop numerical modeling skills while investigating effective landslide mitigation methods. The event will be conducted in offline mode for a duration of eight weeks at IIT Jammu.
Also Read: SERB Women Excellence Award
Key Highlights Of Internship
|Name of Internship||IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship 2023|
|Launched by||IIT Jammu|
|Objective||An opportunity for Ph.D. students to do an internship at IIT Jammu|
|Benefits||Certificate and receive amount for daily expenses|
|Eligibility Criteria||Hold a B.E./B.Tech|
|Official Website||IIT Jammu Vritika|
Objective of IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship
The IIT Jammu Research Internship 2023 is an internship opportunity for Ph.D. students sponsore by the Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu. The chosen intern will assign to the Accelerate Vigyan, SERB-sponsored VRITIKA event “Numerical Investigation on the Behaviour of Geosynthetics-reinforced Embankment Under Dynamic Impact Force of Rockfall.”
Benefits of Research Internship
The following rewards will give to the interns: –
- The internship will give for meeting daily necessary expenses such as stationery, consumables, accommodation, food, etc, as per the norms of the funding agency.
- The period of the Training and Skill Internship shall be for eight weeks.
- The participating students will also be eligible for TA reimbursement for their journey to the host institute from their hometown/home institute, both ways, as per the GoI norms.
- Certificates will be provided to the interns after the successful completion of the internship tenure.
- Hold a B.E./B.Tech. and M.E./M.Tech./M.S./M.S.(R) degree or other equivalent degrees in Geotechnical/ Geoenvironmental/ Rock Mechanics/ Tunnel Engineering or other allied areas
- Have secured a minimum of 7.0 CGPA or 70% in qualifying degrees
Desirable Qualification –
- Have a good academic record and experience in the relevant areas of specialization
- Must have strong background and understanding of any Finite-Element based software
- Have a valid GATE score in the relevant engineering stream
- Have publication(s) in recognized national/international conferences and journals of repute
- Scanned copies of certificates
- Letter of authentication
The last date for the submission of the application form will update soon
Also Check: IIT Palakkad Summer Internships
Application Procedure for IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship 2023
- First, applicants visit the IIT Jammu Vritika website
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Contract Staff Login/Apply link.
- If you are a new user then you have to click on the Register link.
- On the registration page enter your Email Address, Application, and Password and click on Enter button.
- After that, the application form will open on your screen where you have to enter your details and the candidates will get selection on the merit of their background and performance in the interview.
Event Organiser Dr. Riya Bhowmik Indian Institute of Technology Jammu, Department of Civil Engineering P.O. Nagrota, Jagti, Jammu. 181221 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.