IIT Kharagpur announced one of its kind scholarship for students to complete their B.Tech. studies. The name of the scholarship is “Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Full Scholarship for Top 100 JEE (Advanced) Rankers”. If you are looking forward to pursuing your studies at IIT Kharagpur then you should read this article. Here you will get valuable information related to the IIT Kharagpur Full Ride Scholarship 2023 such as benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, and other significant information.
IIT Kharagpur Full Ride Scholarship 2023
On 18 August 2021 Prof Virendra Kumat Tewari, director of the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur has announced the scholarship for the students on the occasion of the 71st foundation day celebration. During the ceremony, the professor said that the scholarship is named Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Full Scholarship on the name of Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar (Ishwar Chandra Bandyopadhyay) who earned the title of ‘Vidyasagar’ for his vast knowledge in Sanskrit and Indian philosophy. Under this scheme, all those students who figure in the top 100 of all India rankings of JEE Advanced will get benefited. The entire expenses of the student to complete B.Tech. the course will be borne by the IIT Kharagpur.
Highlights of IIT Kharagpur Full Ride Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Full Scholarship
- Announced by: Prof Virendra Kumat Tewari, director of IIT Kharagpur
- Beneficiaries: B.Tech. students
- Announced on: 18 August, 2021
- Academic year: 2021-22 year
- Opening date: update soon
- Last date: update soon
- Benefits: Full Ride Scholarship
- Official website: www.iitkgp.ac.in
Objective of IIT Kharagpur Full Ride Scholarship
During the announcement, Professor said “At IIT Kharagpur we believe that not a single meritorious student should have their education limited due to financial constraints” He further added that “It is our responsibility as well as our privilege and immense pleasure to support all such talented and meritorious but economically challenged students to access higher education.” With the aim to support students financially who meet the eligibility conditions set by the authority, this scheme has been announced by the Professor.
IIT Kharagpur Full Ride Scholarship Benefits
To complete the course, funds are required not only for the course fee but also for many other things like books, transportation, food, and accommodation. These expenses are also too high to bear by a family. All the expenses of the student to complete the B.tech course will be borne by the IIT Kharagpur including fees, hall expenses, textbooks, meals, gadgets, and other miscellaneous expenses such as relocation expenses, personal expenses, other living costs, and also to provide an out-of-pocket allowance.
Eligibility of Scholarship
- Applicant should score top 100 rank in JEE Advance exam
- He/She must taken admitted in B.Tech Course in IIT Kharagpur
- Applicants’ family annual income should not more than Rs 20 lakh
- JEE Advance score card
- IIT Kharagpur admission slip
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
- Address Proof
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Proof Of Age
- Valid Mobile number
Process to Apply for IIT Kharagpur Full Ride Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, the online application form will soon release by the IIT Kharagpur. To apply for the scholarship, you have to follow the further stated steps:
- Open the official website of the IIT Kharagpur to seek application
- From home page of the portal, you have to go to the “Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Full Scholarship” related link
- Read the information very carefully as shown on the screen and search apply online link
- Click the link and the application form will appear on the computer screen
- Enter the asked details in the application like
- Father name
- Aadhaar number,
- Date of birth
- JEE Advance roll number etc.
- Now upload the image & other documents in the prescribed format
- Hit the preview link and check all the details you entered
- Submit the application form by clicking submit option and keep a print of the filled application with you.