Pursuing higher education is essential to avail good job opportunities and fulfill your desired dreams. To make it possible the Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) is going to implement Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship 2023 for the students of Kerala who must be enrolled in first-year degree programmes at a government university or a government-aided arts and science college. For the academic year 2022–2023, the Kerala State Higher Education Council is providing up to 1,000 scholarship possibilities. The application period for applying under Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship 2023 will start on February 17, 2023, and it will expire on March 10, 2023. For the first, second, and third years of an undergraduate programme, applicants will receive INR 12,000, INR 18,000, and INR 24,000, respectively. For the first and second years of a postgraduate programme, applicants will receive INR 40,000 and INR 60,000, respectively.
About Kerala State Higher Education Council
The Kerala State Higher Education Council works to promote equity and excellence in the higher education sector and serves as the state of Kerala’s primary source of higher education policy input and trendsetting. The Kerala State Higher Education Council Act, 2007, and the Kerala State Higher Education Council (Amendment) Act 2018, both passed by the Kerala State Assembly, established the Council as an apex-level statutory authority. The Council is sometimes referred to as a mandated, functioning collective of all the stakeholders of the higher education sector, including professors, administrators, and students, because of its democratic structure and participatory approach to decision-making.
Also Read: Kerala LSS USS Scholarship
Key Highlights of Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship
|Launched By||Kerala State Higher Education Council|
|Name of Scholarship||Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the government college students for higher education|
|Scholarship Amount for Undergraduate Courses||For first, second, and third years of students INR 12,000, INR 18,000, and INR 24,000, respectively|
|Scholarship Amount for Postgraduate Courses||For the first and second years of students INR 40,000 and INR 60,000, respectively|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicants must be citizens of India|
|Starting of Registration||17 February 2023|
|Deadline||10 March 2023|
|Official Website||Kerala State|
Objective of Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship
Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship is implemented by the Kerala State Higher Education Council with the goal of providing more than 1000 scholarships for students who are studying in government colleges or government-aided colleges and pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses. This scholarship will provide them with financial assistance for their studies which will motivate them in following their dream and encourage them to higher studies. The Kerala State Higher Education Council works to promote equity and excellence in the higher education sector and serves as the state of Kerala’s primary source of higher education policy input and trendsetting. The scholarship application process will open on February 17, 2023, and it will close on March 10, 2023.
Benefit Received under Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship 2023
- For the first, second, and third years of the undergraduate programmes, candidates will get INR 12,000, INR 18,000, and INR 24,000, respectively.
- The first year of postgraduate study will cost INR 40,000, and the second year will cost INR 60,000 for undergraduate scholarship recipients who continue on to graduate school.
- Students who have physical impairments of at least 40% will get an additional 25% of the scholarship award.
- Based on the scholar’s academic progress, scholarships will be renewed each year.
The applicants who want to apply for the given scholarship must fulfill the following criteria which are given below:
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a first-year Undergraduate Assisted Science, Social Science, Humanities, or Business course in a Government-Aided Arts & Science College or be enrolled in a course of equal or greater academic rigor at an IHRD Applied Science College in 2022–2023.
- Not eligible are those enrolled in professional or self-financed courses.
- Candidates must have passed the Plus 2/equivalent test to be eligible.
- ST applicants must receive a passing grade in the Plus 2/equivalent exam for all streams. SC applicants must have a 60% average in the business studies stream and a 55% average in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- It will be 45% for the physical challenge across all streams.
- The needed minimum marks for BPL/OBC are 65% in business studies, 55% in humanities & social sciences, and 60% in science.
- This award is not available to recipients of any other grants or stipends other than fee reductions.
- This section does not apply to the lump amount grant given to SC/ST students or the Hindi Scholarship given by the Directorate of Collegiate Education.
Also Check: DCE Scholarship Kerala
Application Procedure for Scholarship 2023
- Applicants first need to go to the Kerala State website of the Kerala State Higher Education Council.
- The homepage of the scholarship will display on your screen.
- On the homepage, candidates must now click the “New Registration” link found in the “Apply for Scholarship” section in the page’s middle right corner.
- Here candidates must accept the terms and conditions and click the “Apply” link on the new page after redirect there.
- Candidates must now complete the registration procedure by uploading the required documentation and providing the requested information such as:
- Name of Board
- Roll Number of Examination
- Year of Passing
- Name of Applicant
- Name of Father/Mother
- Occupation of Parents
- Mobile No.
- Email ID
- Aadhar Number, etc.
- Following the completion of the application form, applicants are require to save a copy of the file.
- By following these easy steps you can easily fill out the registration form.
Documents Required for Registration
- Copy of SSLC Certificate with Principal/Gazetted Officer Attestation to demonstrate the place of birth, age, and date of birth
- Mark List of SSLCs and equivalents with Principal or Gazetted Officer attestations.
- Authenticated photocopy of Class 12 or equivalent examination results signed by the principal or newspaper officer
- The Principal/Gazetted Officer attests to the front page of the Bank Pass Book (Candidate Name, Account No, IFSC Code, and Address should be clearly visible).
- Applicants who fall under the BPL category must provide a certificate that has been attested by the principal or a newspaper officer.
- Pupils who are physically disabled must provide a medical certificate from a government medical board that demonstrates a 40% or greater handicap, confirmed by the principal or other officer.
- The Principal or Gazetted Officer must attest to the caste certificate that was issued by the Village Officer or Tehsildar for SC/ST pupils.
- OBC candidates must submit a village officer’s non-creamy layer certificate that has been attested by the principal or a newspaper officer.
- Starting of Registration – 17 February 2023
- Deadline – 10 March 2023
- Institution-level verification and approval must be complete-March 28, 2023,
If you want to select under the scholarship then you should fulfill the selection criteria which will basis on your marks weightage, it is below:
- 50% of the total number of scholarships will fall into the General category.
- Scholarships allocates as follows:
- 10% for SC/ST
- 10% for BPL
- 27% for OBC
- 3% for physically challenged students.
- According to the number of seats allow for each stream in each university, the scholarships will divide among the several streams.
Steps for Application Renewal for Continuing Students under Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship
- Applicants first need to go to the official website of the Kerala State Higher Education Council.
- The homepage of the scholarship will display on your screen.
- On the homepage candidates must now click the “Online Registration Renewal” link found in the “Apply Scholarship” section in the page’s middle right corner.
- A new page will redirect, here you have to enter your asked information like:
- Scholarship Type
- Institute Type
- Scholarship awarded institution name
- Scholarship awarded year
- Name of the student
- Date of birth *
- Registration ID*
- After filling in all these all you need to do is click on the submit button.
- By following these easy steps you can easily fill out the renewal form.
Applications from qualified candidates are being accepts by the Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) for forthcoming scholarships for the academic year 2023–2024. Students who have admit to first-year degree programmes at government universities or government-aided arts and science colleges are eligible to apply for the KSHEC Scholarship Program. Students connected with any institution in the state of Kerala who attend IHRD Applied Science Colleges & University Study Centers are also eligible to apply for this grant. The qualified applicants will have a fantastic chance thanks to this award. They will get financial assistance for their study here. In essence, it will be a final step towards raising India’s literacy rate and creating more jobs.
- Office Address: – Kerala State Higher Education Council, Science & Technology Museum Campus Vikas Bhavan, PO- PMG, Thiruvananthapuram (695-033), Kerala, India
- Contact Number: – (0471) 2301-293 (Office), 2301-297 (Scholarship Section)
- Fax No: – (0471) 2301-290
- Official Email Id: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship FAQs
Request that your college officials send an email to email@example.com stating that the course is aided and non-professional on the institution’s letterhead.
There are no income restrictions. To be considered for OBC reservation, OBC students must have an income of at least Rs. 8 lakhs; otherwise, they will be considered in the general category only.
The photo, the signature, and all other documents must be in the required jpg format and sizes.