The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship program is for Ph.D. students in the Asia Pacific region to realize their potential in Computer Science related research. The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship program offers some of the industry’s most competitive incentives and rewards to students. Microsoft has always been committed to the mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and has actively promoted the extensive application of Computer technology in various fields and in public welfare undertakings.
With the progress of data acquisition, data processing, and artificial intelligence in recent years, Computer technology is playing an increasingly important role in the research of basic science. The current problems and challenges faced by human society also require Arjun’s instruction and integration of basic Science Research and Computer Science.
About Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship 2023
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunity to promising young candidates. In 1999 the program attract over 1,000 Ph.D. students from the topmost universities in the Asia Pacific region and around 441 outstanding Ph.D. students who have award the fellowship honor. Under this fellowship program, the following will earn more than a simple scholarship and enjoy long-term close engagement with Microsoft Research Asia, one of the leading Computer Science research labs in the world. Each one has the chance to complete an internship during which they participate in hands-on Advance Research at Microsoft Research Asia in Beijing, China.
Key Highlights of Fellowship
|Name of Fellowship||Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship|
|Objectives||To empower and encourage Ph.D. students|
|Benefits||Receive a good amount and get the opportunity to participate in Microsoft Research Asia in Beijing, China|
|Eligibility criteria||Ph.D. students|
|Conducting region||Asia-Pacific region|
Objective of Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship
The Microsoft Fellowship Program aims to empower and encourage Ph.D. students in the Asia Pacific region to realize their potential in Computer Science related to Research. The Microsoft Research Fellowship Program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunity to promising young candidates.
Benefits of Microsoft Research Fellowship
The Microsoft Research Fellowship Program offers some of the industry’s most competitive incentives and rewards, including:
- Cash awards of $10,000 USD, which can be used to support research initiatives and academic endeavors including, but not limited to: attending international research conferences/events, and subsidizing paper and patent application fees.
- The guarantee of an optional three-month internship at Microsoft Research Asia.
- Opportunity for intensive and individualized mentorship programs with a dedicated senior researcher, to help facilitate the fellow’s research until graduation.
- Opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference.
- At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, advisors of fellows might be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events
- Applicants must attend a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan, and do research work that relates to computing topics with which Microsoft Research is concerned (click on Research Areas at the top of the page for a full list).
- According to the definition of the normative period of Ph.D. programs of the applicant’s university and region, the applicant must graduate in 2023 or later. The applicants and their advisors will be asked for supporting documents if needed.
- The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee has the final determination of the interpretation of the above clauses.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research Statement. This statement (of approximately 1,000 words) provides a summary of your research accomplishments and current work and highlights your most outstanding contribution to academia. It must discuss the future direction and potential of your work, especially your research plan for the next few years of Ph.D. study.
- At least two letters of reference from established researchers familiar with your research. Of these, one letter should come from your advisor. Scanned copies of the signed recommendation letters should be sent, by those recommending you, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Procedure for Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship 2022
- The applicant first visits the official website of Microsoft Asia Fellowship.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Apply Now link.
- The new page will open where you can read all the necessary information and download the Application form from the given link.
- On the application form, you have to enter your details and upload the required documents.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application tool in any of the following formats: Word document, text-only file, PDF, or ZIP. Email or hard copy applications will not be considered.
- Applications submitted to Microsoft will not be returned. Microsoft cannot assume responsibility for the confidentiality of information in submitted applications. Therefore, applications should not contain information that is confidential, restricted, or sensitive.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Due to the volume of submissions, Microsoft Asia cannot provide individual feedback on applications that do not receive fellowship awards.
For questions about this program, please contact email@example.com.