The scheduled caste students will be highly beneficial with the new fellowship prescribed by the Government of India in order to help the candidates who are currently undertaking research and also pursuing Ph.D. courses. If you are interested in this scholarship then we will provide you with all of the details related to the information of the scheme including the details of the Application Form, Amount, List & Last Date. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria in order to be successfully eligible for the National Fellowship for SC 2022.
National Fellowship for SC 2022
If you belong to the backward community of scheduled caste then you will be highly beneficial to the National Fellowship specially designed for the Scheduled Caste students. The students will be providing financial assistance in order to successfully undertake research related to MPhil and Ph.D. courses. You can apply for National Fellowship for SC opportunity by filling out the application form and sending it to the concerned authorities before the last date in order to be eligible for this scholarship opportunity.
Details Of National Fellowship for SC
|Name||National Fellowship for SC 2022|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||MPhil and Ph.D. courses|
Important Dates Under National Fellowship for SC
- Application deadline: Udpate Soon
The following institutions will be covered under National Fellowship for SC:-
- Central/State Universities (including constituent and affiliated institutions) included under Section 2(f) of UGC Act,1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed Universities under Section 3 of UGC Act i.e. Institution for higher education notified by Central Government to be deemed University, in consultation with UGC and having and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- The institution is fully funded by the State/ Central Government and empowered to award degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance as notified by the Ministry of Human Resource Development
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- Fellowships shall be awarded to candidates for pursuing regular and full-time M.Phil./Ph.D. courses in Universities/Research Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Scheduled Castes candidates who have already secured admission and pass the NET examination will be given preference. Such candidates will be required to join the fellowship within 3 months of the issue of the JRF award letter
- A scholar is eligible to receive only one fellowship at a time
- A scholar who does not complete his/her research work during the period of fellowship shall not be eligible to apply again under this scheme. Similarly, a scholar who has completely or partially availed of any of these fellowships for a PhD earlier shall also not be eligible for fellowship under this scheme.
- After two years of joining JRF, if the progress in the research work of the awardee is found satisfactory, his/her tenure will be extended for a further period of three years as Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) as per UGC Fellowship Guidelines issued from time to time in case of students enrolled for PhD or M.Phil.+ PhD.
- With regard to the combined course of M.Phil and PhD, Fellowship will be provided initially for 02 years for M.Phil and after upgradation to PhD course, for another 03 years.
- The fellowship shall be paid from the date of issue of the JRF award letter under the Scheme for National Fellowship or date of joining of the M.Phil./Ph.D., whichever is later.
- In the case of integrated PhD or M.Phil. to PhD, the maximum tenure is 5 years including an M.Phil. period of the fellowship. For doing M.Phil., fellowship shall be granted for two years or up to the date of submission of M.Phil. dissertation, whichever is earlier.
- The maximum allowed gap period for continuation from M.Phil. to Ph.D. under this scheme shall be 2 years (from the date of declaration of result of M.Phil to date of admission to PhD).
- The fellowship shall be granted up to the date of submission of PhD thesis or five years of tenure, whichever is earlier. No extension is permissible beyond the total period of five years of fellowship.
- Employees of any University/ College/ Educational Institution/ Central/ State/ UT Government shall be excluded from availing Fellowship, even if they are on Study Leave or Extra Ordinary Leave to pursue the M.Phil./Ph.D. course.
Benefits Of National Fellowship for SC
The following benefits will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- A fellowship amount of INR 31,000 per month for the initial two years (as JRF) and INR 35,000 per month for the remaining years (as SRF)
- A contingency grant of INR 10,000 per annum for initial two years and INR 20,500 per annum for the remaining tenure (for Humanities and Social Sciences)
- A contingency grant of INR 12,000 per annum for initial two years and INR 25,000 per annum for the remaining tenure (for Science, Engineering and Technology)
- Escort reader assistance of INR 2,000 per month (for Divyang scholars)
Selection Criteria Of National Fellowship
The applicant will be selected based on the following selection criteria in this scholarship:-
- UGC is the nodal agency for implementing the National Fellowship scheme for SC students.
- The selection for the award of fellowship to students will be made on the basis of the merit of each UGC-NET-JRF of UGC-CSIR NET-JRF examination.
- While the merit for the award of fellowships under NFSC will be drawn up through the NET examination, preference will be given to such students who have already secured admission. However, in case sufficient such candidates are not available, candidates who have not secured admission will also be selected in the order of merit in the NET examination. A separate merit list will be drawn up for such candidates if required.
- Candidates who have already secured admission are required to join the fellowship within 3 months of the issue of the JRF award letter under the Scheme. The duration for joining the course will not be extended, the candidature of such candidates, who do not join the fellowship within 3 months, shall be cancelled.
- The qualified candidates, who have not secured admission at the time of application for Fellowship under the Scheme, are required to get admission for regular and full-time M.Phil./Ph.D in a recognised research institution at the first available opportunity but no later than three years from the date of award of the fellowship.
- Genuineness of the Scheduled Caste Certificate furnished by the awardee shall be verified by the concerned University/Institution before allowing the awardee to avail fellowship under the scheme.
- The decision of the UGC in regard to awarding the Fellowship shall be final and no appeal would lie against any decision by UGC in regard thereof.
- The results shall be published on the UGC website. Award letters can be downloaded from UGC online application portal or as advertised by UGC.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to be eligible for this scholarship:-
- The fellowship will be payable from the date of issue of the result of NFSC (in case, the candidate is already pursuing MPhil/PhD) OR from the actual date of joining MPhil/PhD, whichever is later.
- Read the guidelines of the scheme and the notification thoroughly.
- For claiming the fellowship the candidates are advised to fill in the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ and submit it to the officials concerned of their institutions.
- The fellowship amount shall be disbursed by UGC directly into the bank account of the Awardee.
- The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of five years.
National Fellowship for SC 2022 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You have to download the official PDF for the scholarship of opportunity
- Now go to the official website of the fellowship.
- The homepage of the website will open.
- Now from the homepage, go to the National Fellowship for SC option.
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Now click on the Apply Online option.
- A new page with an application form will open.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Upload the relevant documents if any.
- Now click on the submit option.
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
- ITO Metro Gate Number 3
- Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110002
- Phone: 0120-6895200