NLU, Delhi, also known as the State-level Law University, was founded with the goal of developing ethical principles in order to promote the rule of law and the goals set forth in the Indian Constitution. The university provides a variety of degrees, including an integrated B.A. LL.B. program, LL.M., LL.M. (Professional), PG Diploma, and certificate and diploma programs. NLU Delhi also provides a Ph.D. program in a variety of fields. Students seeking bachelor’s and master’s degrees can now participate in internships at the national legal university under the National Law University Internship 2023
The university expects the interns to manage textual interactions in Marathi, Panjabi, Gujarati, and Malayalam with convicts represented by Project 39A*, particularly for those sentenced to death, on a contractual basis. If you are a National Law University student and want to apply for the internship, this article will provide you with a detailed overview of the internship, including eligibility criteria, advantages, objectives, application procedures, and much more.
About National Law University Internship 2023
The university seeks interns to help manage communications with inmates represented by Project 39A* * in Marathi, Panjabi, Gujarati, and Malayalam. Project 39A is named after Article 39-A of the Indian Constitution, which deals with equal justice, and it represents an expansion of India’s criminal justice efforts. It engages in forensics, torture, legal assistance, mental health, and death penalty litigation, research, and communications. Since its inception, the University has mandated that students complete internships with judges, senior advocates, law firms, international organizations, NGOs, PSUs, corporate houses, commissions, ministries, and state departments in order to gain a better understanding of and exposure to the workplace.
List of individuals and locations where students have interned:
- Hon’ble Justice Jasti Chelameswar
- Hon’ble Justice Madan B. Lokur
- Hon’ble Justice Rajan Gogoi
- Hon’ble Justice V. Gopala Gowda
- Hon’ble Justice GS Singhvi
- Honorable Justice (Dr) BS Chauhan
- Hon’ble Justice Deepak Verma
- Hon’ble Justice JR Midha
- Honorable Justice TPS Mann
Also Read: Aicte Business Development Internship
Key Highlights Of National Law University Internship
|Conducted by||National Law University Delhi|
|Name of Internship||National Law University Internship|
|Purpose||A chance for students pursuing bachelor’s and master’s degrees in managing writing contacts with convicts in Marathi, Panjabi, Gujarati, and Malayalam|
|Benefits||A little stipend will be provided to interns.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Enroll in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in law, humanities, social sciences, social work, management, or journalism.|
|Deadline||May 10th, 2022|
|Official Website||National Law University|
Objective of National Law University Internship
The National Law University (P39A) Internship Programme 2022 is an opportunity for students participating in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs at the National Law University in New Delhi. The goal is to promote legal and ethical ideals, as well as the rule of law and the goals set forth in the Indian Constitution. The University’s main goal is to develop and deliver socially relevant, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary legal education.
Benefits of National Law University Internship
The Students will require to take internships with judges, senior advocates, legal firms, international organizations, NGOs, PSUs, business houses, commissions, ministries, and state departments, among others, as part of the National Law University Internship 2022 initiative.
A minimal compensation will be provided to selected interns, which may vary depending on case allocation per language. Payment will distribute every six months.
Deadline for National Law University Internship
The registration for National Law University Internship 2022 is Closed Now. If you’re willing to apply then you will have to wait for next year. It is scheduled to debut in April 2023. You may stay up to date by following this Internship.
- The Deadline for applications will update soon.
- Interviews will update soon.
The applicants who want to apply for an Internship must fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria:
- A candidate must enroll in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Law, Humanities, Social Sciences, Social Work, Management, or Media to be considered.
- Applicant must have reading and writing skills in at least one of the regional languages listed below –
The following Documents are required for registration for the Internship:
- A Resume
- A 500-word statement of purpose describing why the candidate is interested in the internship. (Note: The candidate’s competency in at least one of the listed regional languages should be explicitly stated in the statement.)
- Translation into at least one of the designated regional languages, namely Marathi, Panjabi, Gujarati, and Malayalam, of the *Annexure-I, an excerpt from the Deathworthy 2021 report.
Also Read: AICTE Electrical Engineering Internship
Application Procedure for National Law University Internship 2023
- The eligible applicant first visits the National Law University Website of the National Law University.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to first click on the Being at NLD-U tab, then click on Students Affairs. After that, you need to click on the Internship & Recruitment link and at last click on the Internship link.
- Now, the National Law University Internship page will appear on your screen.
- On this page, you have to click the ‘Apply Now’ button and carefully read the details.
- Now, go to ‘Application Process’ and choose the appropriate link.
- On the application page, you have to fill in all the required details and upload the documents which are needed.
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
Procedure for Students Grievance under National Law University Internship
- The students first visit the official Website of the National Law University.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to scroll down and click on the Students Grievance tab.
- On the Students Grievance page, you have to enter your Name, Mobile Number, Class, and Roll. No., Email, Subject, Grievance, etc.
- After filling all the details correctly click on the submit button.
The selection under National Law University Internship 2022 is done on the basis of meeting the qualifying requirements.
Terms and Conditions
- The internship may be done from anywhere.
- Only those who have been shortlisted will be notified through email. Please presume that the application has failed if the applicants do not hear from the institution within three weeks of the deadline. Unfortunately, the institution is unable to respond to specific inquiries concerning application status.
- The National Law University of Delhi maintains the right to reject certain internship applications.
- The National Law University of Delhi is an equal opportunity workplace, and Project 39A advocates for all convicts facing the death penalty, regardless of the crime.
- Additional rounds of interviews or written examinations may be conducted at the discretion of the National Law University of Delhi.
- Project 39A has secured funding to support the internship program.
- National Law University, Delhi
- H2XF+RJ5, Golf Course Rd, Pocket 1,
- Sector 14 Dwarka, New Delhi, 110078
- Phone Number- 01128034257