All of the different types of scholarship opportunities are available at the national scholarship portal and people who are interested in getting financial benefits can apply for the scholarship opportunities by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal. There are a lot of different scholarship opportunities available for people to apply for. The national scholarship portal pre-matric scholarship is available for minority candidates who belong to the economically backward section of society and are not able to get proper financial benefits. You can check out the details related to the NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority 2023 given below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures for online registration.
About NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority 2022
The national scholarship portal creates the NSP Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority for minorities and students from class 1st to class 10th this scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs which is under the Government of India. This scholarship will be awarded especially to the people who are residing in the economically backward section of society. The students will be able to take benefit from this scholarship scheme and they will be able to take into account proper education. Candidates can apply for this scholarship by visiting the national scholarship portal and filling out the application form with important specifications. This scholarship will be available in the month of July and the last date to fill out the application form is 30th September 2022.
- Scholarship Closing Date: Update Soon
- Last date for defect verification: Update Soon
- Last date for Institute verification: Update Soon
Benefits Of NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority
The applicant will be provided with the following benefits available to them if they are eligible for the scholarship program:-
- Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum
- Tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Classes 1 to 5
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 600 per month for Hostellers and INR 100 per month for Day Scholar
The applicant will get selection by the national scholarship portal by following the following selection criteria:-
- Fresh Application –
- Weightage will give according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal Application –
- The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants’ application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
The applicant must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for the pre-matric Scholarship program:-
- Student Photograph
- Residential/Domicile certificate
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of the current course year
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government
- A self-certified community certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age (Note – For minors/below 18 years of age the community certificate certified by a parent/guardian is required.)
- Self-attested marksheet indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at a higher secondary/graduation level
- Bank account number of the student with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (Note – The students who do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Aadhaar number of the student and if aadhaar is not available then a bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of the bank passbook and aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for aadhaar)
- Bonafide student certificate from School/Institute (Note – If the School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from the domicile State/UT of the applicant.)
- The format of the file documents must be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for the NSP scholarship program:-
- The applicant must belong to a minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
- The applicant must be studying in Class 1 to 10 in India in a government or private school including residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administration
- The applicant must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination
- The applicant must have a family income of not more than INR 1 lakh per annum from all sources
Merit Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/Minority
NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority 2022 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will appear on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to be eligible for the national scholarship portal pre-matric scholarship:-
- 30% scholarship is reserved for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of the non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT.
- The continuance of the award (for renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination.
- The scholarship will not give to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may suspend or cancel. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied with the reasons for violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtaine a scholarship by false statement, the scholarship will be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will recover by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not allow to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student will be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available scholarships of the Central Government for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The scheme will evaluate at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme.
- The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on its website.
- The rules and regulations can change at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The amount of scholarship will credit to the aadhaar seeded bank account only.
- It will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide an aadhaar number while applying for the scholarship and in case, an individual does not possess an aadhaar one can provide the details of alternative identification documents.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
- Phone Number – 01206619540
- Email Id – email@example.com