Hello readers, have you heard about the PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students for Professional Courses? Do you want to know about the scheme? If yes then you are on the right page. Further in this article, we described the scholarship program in detail. If you are pursuing a professional degree and belong to SC/ ST category then you should apply for PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2022. Interested students may accumulate the application process, eligibility conditions, documents required, last date, and other important information from the further section of this article.
What Is PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2023?
PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students for professional courses is an initiative of the University Grant commission. Under this scheme, all those students who are pursuing a professional degree belonging to the scheduled caste or Scheduled Tribes category and facing financial issues will be benefited. There are only one thousand scholarships. If you meet the eligibility criteria specified by the authorities as mentioned below then you may apply online. Online applications are available on the NSP portal.
Highlights Of PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- Name of the scheme: PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- Launched by: University Grant Commission
- No of scholarship: 1000
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: scholarships.gov.in
Objective Of PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students
Many students face financial difficulty in completing their education due to their weak financial background. The motive of this scheme is to support students who are pursuing professional degrees and need help.
Benefits Of PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- PG scholarship for SC/ ST is beneficial for 1000 candidates
- Students who are pursuing ME/MTech. will get Rs.7800/-per month
- Students who are pursuing any other professional degree will get Rs.4500/- per month
- The scholarship amount will transfer directly to the bank account of the applicant
- Applicant must be pursuing a professional degree in subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy, etc. from a recognized university or Institute, or college
- M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degrees will not consider as a professional degree
- Applicant must be an Indian belonging to a scheduled caste or scheduled tribe category
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account Passbook.
- Caste Certificate if you belong to a special category.
- Income certificate as per your scholarship type.
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Previous Year Education Qualification certificate.
- Self-declaration certificate.
- The online application form-filling process will be updated soon
- The last date for submission of the application will will be updated soon
PG Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2022 Application Procedure
- To apply for the scholarship you need to visit the National Scholarship Portal
- If you are not registered before then from the home page of the portal, you have to select the “New Registration” option
- A new page will open along with the detailed instructions, read them carefully
- Tick the checkbox of Undertaking By Applicant or Parents/Guardian(In Case of Minor) and choose the continue button
- The registration form will open, select/ enter the following details in the registration form
- State of Domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Name of the student
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Bank account IFSC Code
- Bank account number
- Identification detail
- Enter the captcha code, hit the register button, and verify your phone number and email.
- Log in with the portal and select the scholarship program you wish to apply
- The form will open on the screen, enter the rest required information
- Complete the application and upload the documents
- Review the application form carefully and submit it
Terms and Conditions for Renewal
- Applicants need to maintain the good academic score in the examination
- Applicant needs to maintain the required attendance
- An applicant cannot change the course
- Applicant must have cleared all the examinations and will promote in the next year
Procedure to Submit Renewal Application
- To submit the renewal application, you have to visit to the National Scholarship Portal
- Go to the “login” option which is available on the home screen
- A drop-down list will open from where you have to select the renewal option along with the academic year
- The login page will open on the screen, enter the login details like
- Application ID,
- Captcha code
- Hit the login button to open the applicant’s dashboard and select the renewal application option
- Fill out the application form open on the screen, enter all the asked details and upload the documents
- Submit the application after reviewing all the significant information.
Procedure to Check Application Status
- To check scheme wise scholarship sanction list you have to open National Scholarship Portal
- Go to the “service” option which is available on the homepage
- A dropdown list will open on the screen from where you have to choose “list of applicants processed for scholarship” option
- A further page will open, select the following details
- Academic year,
- Application type,
- Scheme name,
- Mobile number
- Enter the captcha code and hit submit button to see the beneficiary list.
Cancellation of the scholarship
- If the applicant is not able to complete the academic year with marks more than 60%
- Information found false provided by the applicant in the online application form
- The bank account details furnished by the applicant are wrong
- If the applicant drops the studies in between due to any reason