Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship has been launched to provide benefits to children who are meritorious in their studies but are not able to continue due to a lack of funds. In this article today we will share with you all the foremost information related to SVSGC Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria, the important documents, the benefits, and the features. Also among them, we will let you know about the step-by-step procedures to apply under Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
About Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
This scholarship is launched to provide financial assistance to a single girl child of her parents who is pursuing a Ph.D. in Social Sciences. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship is quite a great fellowship that has been offered by the University Grant Commission to encourage the higher education of the single child which comes under the banner of Swami Vivekananda scholarship schemes. This scholarship will help in reducing the dropout ratio of girl in the education field in comparison with boys due to weak financial condition. All the interested girls who want to apply under SVSGC Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship will have to visit the official website to avail themselves of the benefit.
Details Of Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
|Name of the scholarship||SVSGC Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Launched by||University Grants Commission|
|Under banner of||Swami Vivekananda|
|Objective||To promote Women’s Education in society|
|Beneficiaries||A single girl child who is pursuing a Ph.D. in Social sciences|
|Benefit||Scholarship will be provided to pursue higher education|
|Scholarship amount||Up to Rs. 28,000|
|Mode of application||Online|
Objective Of Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
There are many girls who want to pursue higher education and Social sciences but due to their weak financial condition are not able to pursue them. This leads to the dropout rate of the girl student in comparison with boys. In keeping view of this University Grants Commission UGC has launched a new scheme under the banner of Swami Vivekananda known as the Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship. Under this scheme, this scholarship will be provided to the girl student so that they should continue their higher education in Social sciences. Another main objective of this scheme is to create the importance of single girl children in this society by promoting girl education in society
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Rewards
|Fellowship Scheme||Rs. 25,000 per month for two years Rs. 28000 per month for the rest of the tenure|
|Contingency Scheme||Rs. 10,000 per annum for 2 years Rs. 20,500 per annum for the rest of the tenure|
|Escort Reader Assistance||Rs. 2,000 per month for PWD candidates|
|Study Material||The books journals and apparatus granted during the period of contingency will be the property of the University after the tenure of this Scholarship|
|Human Resource Allowance||The accommodation will be provided by the institution. If the person is not getting hostel accommodation then, the Host Institution will provide single accommodation to the student. The rent paid by the candidate will be reimbursed subject to the norms of the government If the candidate makes an arrangement for stay then she is eligible to draw HRA as categorized by the government|
|Leave Policy during the tenure||30-day leaves are allowed including public holidays other than such will not entitle to the other vacation Maternity leaves are available during the tenure as per the Government of India norms|
Also Check: Savitribai Phule Scholarship for Girls
Information Of Scholarship
The scholarship which will be distributed to the student will depend on the number of admissions received from the online applications. The scholarship details are as follows:
|Tenure of distribution||This scholarship will be distributed for the duration of 5 years It will start from the actual date of joining under the fellowship of the Educational Institute It is available until the submission of Ph.D. No scholarship will be given after 5 years|
|Fellowship||Students will have to join the fellowship in three months from the date of issuance of the above letter In the absence of this letter the scholarship will be canceled|
|Progress Monitoring||The student will have to submit the progress of her research every year signed by the guide Which will be forwarded to the head of the department and the head of the Institution|
|Scholarship Withdrawal||Student leaves the courses in the middle of the tenure, the scholar has to submit the registration and forward it to the educational institute|
|Transfer of Research Location||The transfer of location will be done only once during the tenure and the application has to be forwarded by the education Institution|
Selection Procedure Of SVSGC
The candidates will have to go through the following selection procedures to apply under this scholarship
- The selection of the candidate will be made by the expert committee formed by the commission. The decision made by the commission will be final
- The result related to the scholarship award will be published on the official UGC Portal. Student can download the letter of the awards from the online portal
- The student will have to leave one of the scholarships if she found to have been benefiting from the other scholarship at the same time
- The commission has the complete authority to withdraw or cancel the award without giving any reason.
Benefits of Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship
- University Grants Commission has launched a new scholarship known as Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship for research.
- This scholarship will be given to the girl candidate who is a single child of her parents.
- The main aim of this fellowship is to encourage higher education among single girl child in social science
- SVSGC Scholarship will be provided to only those students who are pursuing a Ph.D. in Social sciences.
- Swami Vivekananda single girl child scholarship will help to reduce the dropout rates of the girl students in comparison with the boys
- The scholarship amount under this scholarship will range from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 28000
- Only single-girl child families will get the benefits of this scholarship scheme.
- This is scholarship has come under the banner of Swami Vivekananda scholarship schemes
- Because Swami Vivekanand has been a constant supporter of women’s empowerment
- Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship is specially made to empower women around the country
- This will give Girl child equality and dignity within the education society
- It is based on the ideas of promoting girls education
- It is the best mauve which was set up with the motive of compensating the high cost of Higher Education
The applicant must have to follow the following eligibility criteria to avail of the benefit under this scheme
- An applicant must be the single girl child of her parents
- She must be pursuing Ph.D. in social science from recognized Institution of India
- If there is one daughter and son in a family then the girl candidate is not eligible to apply
- Students who are pursuing Ph.D. from distance can not avail the benefit under this scheme
- Transgender are eligible to apply for this scheme
- Candidates belonging to the general category should not have an age of more than 40 years as of 6th January 2020-21
- The applicants belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD should not have an age of more than 45 years as of 6th January 2020-21
- Aadhar card
- Graduation or post-graduation mark sheet
- Class 10th certificate
- Caste certificate
- PWD certificate
- PhD admission
- Affidavit on Rs. 50 stamp paper from the parents stating that she is a single child of parents attested by first class magistrate/ Gazette officer
Cancellation Of Scholarship
The scholarship cancellation will happen if any of the following situations occur:
- If the committee feels that the candidate has not up to the desired progress
- The information provided by the applicant is found to be false, then the application will be canceled
- The student will be terminated if found misconducted in any of the events
- If a candidate is pursuing any other scholarship during the same tenure.
Process To Apply Under Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
All the interested applicant who wants to apply under Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship will have to follow the procedure given below
- First, visit the Official Website of the University Grants Commission.
- You will land on the home page
- On the homepage click on the option of Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship.
- A new web page will appear in front of you
- Here, click on the option of Apply Now
- The registration form will appear in front of you.
- Enter all the details that ask in the form
- After entering the details attached all your important documents.
- After attaching the documents click on Submit option
- Through this, you can easily apply under this scholarship
SVSGC Contact Information
- Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number- 1800-113-355