Acumen was founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001 to use the power of entrepreneurship to build a world where everyone had the opportunity to live with dignity. Acumen fellowship 2023 is an initiative of the Acumen organization. The program is dedicated to creating leaders of India with an entrepreneurial mindset, attitude, and approach towards tackling injustice and poverty. The selected leaders will undergo a year-long training devoted to self-development and self-enhancement.
Acumen Foundation wants to build a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create change in our complex, interconnected world. The fellowship program is designed to connect and cultivate a pipeline of social changemakers who are committed to tackling poverty and injustice in their communities.
What Is Acumen Fellowship 2023?
The Acumen Fellowship 2023 is an initiative of the Acumen organization. This program is conducted in Columbia, East Africa, India, Pakistan, and West Africa. The fellowship program is a one-year leadership development program designed to connect and cultivate a pipeline of social changemakers who are committed to tackling poverty and injustice in their community. The last date for application submission for the India Fellowship will update soon. The organizers will commence the fellowship in May for the spring cohort and October for the fall cohort.
Also Check: Subir Chowdhury Post Doctoral Fellowship
Key Highlights of Acumen Fellowship 2023
|Name of organization
|Name of Fellowship
|Individuals with a strong passion for making a change in society
|The fellowship covers the seminar, lodging, food, transportation, and Visa expenses.
|Last date of application submission
Vision of Acumen Fellowship
Neither the markets nor aid alone can solve the problems of poverty. More than two billion people around the world lack access to basic goods and services from clean water and electricity to education and the freedom to participate in the economy. Acumen fellowship vision is a world based on dignity, where every human being has the same opportunity. Rather than giving the philanthropy away, invest it in the company and change-makers. The goal was to invest “patient capital” to bridge the gap between the efficiency and scale of market-based approaches and the social impact of pure philanthropy.
Acumen Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
The providers offer several benefits to the fellows. Listed below are the benefits:
- Twenty applicants are selected for the Acumen Fellowship 2022 and will be given a year-long training towards skills and attributes of moral leadership, empathy, immersion, understanding, and action.
- The organization will cover all the Acumen fellowship costs such as lodging, food, visa, transportation, and other expenses associated with the seminar.
The fellowship is awarded to deserving candidates with a strong passion for serving society. The selected leaders will be involved in work related to poverty and injustice. Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship. Listed below are the fellowship eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be a working professional from any sector (government, non-government, NGO, corporate, etc.).
- They can be an entrepreneur, intrapreneurs or an organizational builder.
- There is no specific academic prerequisite to be met to apply for the fellowship.
- There is no minimum or maximum age cut-off to be eligible for the fellowship.
- The candidate can come from diverse cultural, geographic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- They should be dedicated to eradicating poverty, injustice, social change, and self-enhancement.
- The applicant should be making the long-term play at a system-level impact and should be seeking leadership skills and moral imagination to make that happen.
- The candidate should be proficient in English.
- The applicant has to be a citizen of India.
Acumen Fellowship Selection Criteria
The fellowship application involves three stages. The candidates should submit a fellowship online application form in the first stage, and in the next step, they should submit an online assignment. Below are the different phases of selection involve in the regional fellowship program:
- The applicant has to submit the fellowship application form online.
- Those applications that have two video submissions and answers to short essay questions are shortlist.
- The shortlisted candidates are for an all-day event that includes group activities, pitches, and a panel interview, and the selection panel chooses the candidates for the fellowship.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of the Acumen fellowship India program are below:
- The applicant should involve in work focused on poverty or injustice.
- There are no academic prerequisites for the fellowship India program.
- The fellows should remain in their job while attending in-person, multi-day seminars and engaging in online content between meetings.
- The meetings and seminars are in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Raipur, and Mysore.
- Attendance at each Acumen fellowship seminar is mandatory.
- The fellow should commit a total time of 30 days over the year for attending the Acumen fellowship seminar in addition to the travel time.
- The candidate should allocate three hours per week to the Acumen fellowship India program assignments, email correspondence, and collaborative projects.
Application Procedure for Acumen Fellowship 2023
- The interested applicant should visit the Acumen website of Acumen fellowship.
- On the homepage you have to click on the “Apply now” button.
- Now you have to sign up by entering your details such as email ID, set a password and obtain the Acumen Fellowship login credentials.
- Now the application page will appear on a screen where you have to enter your details such as name, qualification, phone number address or other information then click on the ‘save’ button.
- The applicant should create a profile by clicking on the “Get start” button.
- The candidate should fill in all the details and follow the steps to continue.
- Finally, the applicant should click on the submit button to complete the application process.
The candidates can reach out to the helpdesk if they have any queries regarding the Acumen fellowship. Listed below are the contact details of Acumen fellowship India:
- Address: Acumen, 203 Dheeraj Plaza, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, 400050, India
- Contact Number: +91 (22) 6740-1500
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org