If you have currently taken admission in the master’s course in any of the universities of the US, Canada, UK, France, and Portugal then you will be eligible for the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship for the year 2023. This article will talk about the details regarding the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2023 so that the students will be able to easily apply for them and take the benefits which are available in the form of a 50% grant and 50% loan. You will be able to apply for the scholarship by reading about the step-by-step application and registration procedure.
About Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
Aga Khan Foundation has started this scholarship scheme for universities in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Portugal. The scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant and 50% loan basis. The candidates who are currently pursuing post-graduation level programs in the eligible countries will be provided preference in this scholarship scheme. The candidates must submit their application form before 31st March in order to be eligible for the scholarship scheme.
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Opens for 2023
As per the latest information shared by the concerned authority for the scholarship program, an applicant can now apply for the scholarship from 1st Feb 2023 for the session 2022-23. Country-wise last date to apply for the scholarship program has been mentioned below. Applicants can collect the application form from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board Service/ Office in the applicant’s country of current residence. Other information related to the scholarship program has been mentioned below. Monetary benefits to Eligible applicants will be provided by the foundation under this scholarship program.
Details Of Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
|Name||Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||Aga Khan Foundation|
|Objective||Providing grant and loan|
|Beneficiaries||The candidates taking admission in the master’s course of various universities in the US and UK and France|
|Last Date To Apply Online||17th March 2023|
|Official site||Aga Khan|
Also Check: Chevening Scholarship
|Country Offices||Aga Khan Foundation in Bangladesh||Aga Khan Foundation in India||Aga Khan Foundation in Pakistan & Aga Khan Education Services in Pakistan||Aga Khan Foundation in Portugal|
|Internal Deadlines||The deadline for submitting pre-application forms is March 6; the deadline for submitting completed applications is March 31||The deadline for application distribution is March 14 (7:00 pm IST); the Deadline for submitting completed applications is March 21 (5:00 pm IST)||The deadline for submitting pre-application forms is March 16 (5.00 pm IST); the Deadline for submitting completed applications is March 31 (5:00 pm IST)||The deadline for submitting completed applications is March 28|
Also Check: MPCL Scholarship
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The applicant must belong to the following locations-
- India, Pakistan, Kenya, Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Mozambique, Uganda, and Madagascar.
- The applicant must be below the age of 30 years
- Students who originally come from one of the formerly mentioned developing countries and are involved in development-related studies and have no other means to fund their education can send an application for a scholarship to study in the UK, France, Portugal, USA, and Canada.
Also Check: Fulbright Scholarship India
The following benefits will be provided through this scholarship scheme presented by the organization:-
- The Foundation provides tuition fees and living expenses
- Funding for PhD programs in the UK, US, and Canada, is provided only for the first two years of study, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of help.
- The foundation may give preference to those candidates who have already acquired some part of financial assistance from other sources and the minimum amount of help is requested.
- Half the borrowing has deemed a loan to be reimbursed with a 5% annual service charge.
- The loan agreement has to be co-signed by a guarantor.
- The payback period is five years, beginning six months after the period of study.
- It is preferable that the students consider this International Scholarship Programme as the last resort and first try to obtain help from other sources to help the foundation in assisting other more needful students
Selection Criteria of Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
Candidates will be selected on the basis of-
- Consistently excellent academic records
- Genuine financial need
- Admission to a highly reputable university or programme of study
- The relevance of the field of study to the foundation’s focus areas
- Demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans
- Their extra-curricular interests and achievements
- Potential to achieve their goals
- Likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment
- Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
Terms and Conditions
The candidates must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant:50% loan basis through a competitive application process.
- Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%.
- The payback period is 5 years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.
- A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement.
- Applications will not be considered for short-term courses.
- Applications will not be considered for students who have already started their course of study.
- Applicants should be prepared to be interviewed by local Scholarship Committees about their financial situation, their academic performance, extracurricular achievements, and career plans.
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You can take the application form for the scholarship from the AKF office/ Aga Khan Education Services/Boards, January 1 onwards.
- Completed AKF’s International Scholarship Program application should be returned to the agency.
- You can also visit the Aga Khan Website to check more about the scholarship program.
- Address: Aga Khan Foundation (India) Sarojini House, 2nd floor 6, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi 110001, INDIA
- Telephone: (11) 47399700
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org