The Government of Brazil is providing scholarship opportunities to international students, especially from India. If you are planning to get your education in Brazil then you can apply for this scholarship scheme available to waive the tuition fees for the students. In this article today, we will be sharing with all of you the details of the scholarship opportunities so that you can apply for them without any problem. We have shared with all of you their eligibility criteria, educational criteria, and the step-by-step procedure to successfully apply for the Brazil Government Scholarship.
Brazil Government Scholarship 2023
The Brazilian Government has started scholarship programs to help students from developing countries so that they can undertake different types of educational degrees in Brazil through financial assistance provided by the Government. The students can easily get a degree in engineering, medicine, natural sciences, and other fields through the higher educational institutions present in Brazil. The tuition fees are covered under the scholarship opportunities presented by the Brazilian Government. Additional support is also provided through the means of monthly statements to all of these students. The students are also provided with a ticket to go back home after graduation is completed in the universities of Brazil.
Details Of Brazil Government Scholarship
|Name||Brazil Government Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||Brazilian Government|
|Objective||Providing scholarship opportunities|
- The last date to submit your application is will be updated soon.
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the following educational criteria:-
- The applicant must be a resident of India
- He/She must be above the age of 18 years
- The applicant must be below the age of 23 years
- The applicant must have passed their board exams with at least 60% overall, and with a minimum of 60% in English. Students who are currently in Class 12 can apply but must present their final mark sheet and board certificate at the time of enrollment in the Brazilian University.
- The applicant must possess the Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese for Foreigners – Celpe-Bras. Students from India will have to take the said exam in Brazil, once, after completing the Portuguese for Foreigners course preparatory to the exam, in an accredited Brazilian University.
Benefits Of Brazil Government Scholarship
The following benefits will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship scheme
- Each selected scholar receives a full tuition fee waiver for their selected course at a Brazilian Higher Education Institution.
- In addition, selected students can apply for the following scholarship opportunities after the first year of their studies in Brazil-
- Merit Scholarship – Students who display remarkable academic performance after their first year of studies in Brazil receive a monthly stipend of BRL 622, along with return airfare after the completion of their course
- MRE Scholarship – Students who find themselves in financial need after their first year of studies in Brazil may receive a monthly stipend of BRL 622
- Emergency Scholarship – In exceptional cases, students who find themselves in extreme financial hardship of an unexpected order may receive a monthly stipend of BRL 622
- All DCE/MRE scholarships are granted for a period of one semester (six months), subject to renewal.
Documents Required for Brazil Government Scholarship
The following documents must be submitted by the candidates to apply for this scholarship:-
- Original and copy of-
- mark-sheet for Class 12 board examinations;
- Class 12 board certificate of completion;
- Celpe-Bras certificate; OR proof of registration in the Celpe-Bras exam;
- Candidate’s and both parents’ Birth Certificates;
- Certificate of physical and mental health issued within the last three months before application;
- Statement of Financial Responsibility (TRF), in Portuguese, accompanied by proof of the signatory’s income, attesting their capability to fulfil the commitment made; (English and Portuguese versions available for download in the document section)
- Original of Statement of Commitment for Application (TCI), in Portuguese. (English and Portuguese versions available for download in the document section)
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- Applicants from countries where there is no Celpe-Bras exam must take the exam in Brazil, in a sole opportunity, upon the conclusion of the Portuguese as a Foreign Language preparatory course to the Celpe-Bras exam, in an accredited HEI.
- The Statement of Financial Responsibility (TRF) declares that the applicant counts with at least one source of income able to fund his/her trip to Brazil and his/her return to their home country, as well as installation and maintenance in Brazil throughout the duration of the course.
Application Procedure Brazil Government Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship of origin represented by the government of Brazil you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Detailed information related to the Brazil Government scholarship will be available at your nearest Brazilian embassy or consulate.
- The candidates are requested to visit their nearest Brazilian embassy or consulate office and ask for the application form for the Brazilian scholarship of international students
- You have to go to the embassy with all of the essential documents in hand
- You have to fill up the application form with the correct details
- Make sure to attach your documents and successfully submit the form.