In order to provide educational support the government implements various kinds of schemes. Through these schemes scholarships and fee reimbursements are provided to the students. So that they can continue their education without any kind of financial burden. These kinds of scholarships are launch by various Government and private organisation. Recently the Central Board of secondary education have launched such a scheme called CBSE scholarship. Today through this article we are going to provide you complete details regarding CBSE scholarship 2023. You will get to know how you will be able to apply under the scheme. Other than that we will also provide you details regarding other important details concerning this scheme
What Is CBSE Scholarship 2023?
The Central Board of Secondary Education have launched CBSE Scholarship 2023. Through this scholarship scheme, all those students who are studying from class 9 to 12 will be able to get benefits. Under this scheme scholarship amount of Rs 500 per month will be provided to the beneficiaries. This scholarship amount will be directly credited into the bank account of the beneficiary through direct benefit transfer method. The bank account of the beneficiary should be linked with their Aadhar in order to get the amount. All those candidate who are interested to get benefit of this scheme are required to apply before the last date which is 17th January. The applications can be made through online mode. In order to get benefit of this scheme students are required to score at least 60% marks in the previous class. NRI students are also eligible to apply under this scheme if they are studying in CBSE schools.
Also Read: CBSE Udaan Scholarship
|1.||The last date for submitting the online application (fresh and renewal)||Update Soon|
|2.||Verification of Applications by Schools||Update Soon|
The following awards will be available to all of the people who are applying for the CBSE scholarship for the year 2022:-
- The amount of financial assistance that a student receives under the CBSE scholarship is INR 500 per month (INR 6,000 per annum) to continue her studies in classes 11 and 12.
- The maximum duration of this scholarship is two years and the amount is paid to the students through NEFT or ECS. There is no fixed number of scholarships disbursed every year. However, considering the statistics of previous years, the total number of scholarships varies from 1400 to 1600 (approx.). Find below the table that highlights the number of scholars benefitting via this scholarship over the years.
CBSE Scholarship Statistics
The students can check out the scholarship statistics for the CBSE authorities from the table provided below and apply accordingly:-
|1.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2014||1570|
|2.||Total number of renewals in 2015 (for 2014)||977|
|3.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2015||1631|
|4.||Total number of renewals in 2016 (for 2015)||938|
|5.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2016||1321|
|6.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2018||1333|
|7.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2019||1288|
|8.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2020||1367|
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure in order to apply for the scholarship:-
- They must be pursuing studies in classes 11 and 12 from a school affiliated with CBSE
- They must have passed the Class 10 examination from CBSE with at least 60% or more marks
- They must be the only single girl child in the family
- The candidates have to provide an original affidavit in the prescribed format duly attested by the first class SDM/ Judicial Magistrate/ Notary/ Executive Magistrate
- The female students also need to ensure that the application form is attested by the Principal of the school where they are pursuing class 11
- The tuition fee of the student in class 10 should be INR 1,500 per month or less and an enhancement of 10% for classes 11 and 12 is acceptable
In order to renew your scholarship you will have to follow the simple rules given below:-
- The applicant can apply for this scholarship renewal in class 11 however in order to be eligible for the renewal the girl’s students must get a promotion to class 12 with an aggregate mark of 50% and more marks in the class 11th examination.
- If they have given up their chosen course prior to its completion or have changed schools, the renewal or continuation of the scholarship is entirely subject to the Board’s approval.
- The continuation of the scholarship is dependent on their regularity and good conduct as well.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for these scholarship schemes:-
- The scholarship is open to Indian citizens only
- The girl students, who have passed their class 10 examination by CBSE in the current academic year with at least 60% marks or more can apply
- They must be studying in classes 11 and 12 in CBSE-affiliated schools whose tuition fee is INR 1,500 per month or less
- The NRI students are also eligible for the scholarship if they are studying in a CBSE school. However, the tuition fee limitation for such candidates should be less than INR 6,000 per month.
Also Check: CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
CBSE Scholarship 2023 Application Process
To apply for this scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The applicant must first visit the CBSE website of the scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- Click on the fresh application to start the application.
- Enter the roll number for the CBSE class 10 board examination and the date of birth.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Fill in all required details.
- Submit the form and note down the registration number for future reference.
- Take the printout of Undertaking in the prescribed format (as available with the guidelines of the scheme).
- Fill it out, paste a recent photograph, and get an attestation from the school.
- Prepare an Affidavit in the prescribed format (as given in the guidelines).
- Upload the scanned copy of both the Undertaking and Affidavit in PDF format with a file size of not more than 1 MB in the ‘Upload Document’ section.
- Once the girl students have uploaded their documents and submitted the application form, they can go to the ‘Print Confirmation’ section to generate the confirmation page.
The applicant can renew the application by following the following steps:-
- The applicant must first visit the official website of the scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- Download the scholarship renewal form (as prescribed in the guidelines of the scholarship).
- Fill in all required details in the form.
- Attach all supporting documents like the class 11 mark sheet, a copy of the Aadhaar card, and a Bank passbook/canceled cheque (duly attested copy).
- Send the completed application to the below-given address with “Application for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2 (Renewal)” superscribed on it –
- Assistance Secretary (Scholarship),
- CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- 2nd Floor, Shiksha Sadan
- 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi-110002
- Telephone: 011-23214737
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.cbse.nic.in or www.cbseacademic.in
Also Check: Alstom India Scholarship
CBSE Scholarship 2023 FAQs
CBSE scholarship has been launched by Central Board of secondary examination. Through this game scholarship are provided to this students studying in CBSE schools
Scholarship amount upto Rs 500 will be provided through this scheme. This amount will be directly credit into the bank account of the beneficiary
Yes NRI students can also apply under this scheme. In order to get benefit of this scheme beneficiaries should be studying in CBSE school
In case of facing any kind of challenges beneficiaries can contact the helpline number. Other than that complaint can also be lodged online.