Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana is provided in order to create an atmosphere that is favorable for the collection of stamps and this scholarship opportunity is specially created in order to promote philately among young children who want to pursue this collection thing as a hobby and this will definitely help in the development of proper atmosphere and general education. You can check out the details related to the scheme from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the eligibility criteria and the selection procedure that will be followed by the authorities. We will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to apply online for Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana 2023.
About Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana 2023
The Department Of Posts has launched a scholarship scheme known as the Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana this scholarship scheme is created in order to increase philately which is known as the collection and the study of postage stamps among the children of each category from standard 6th to standard 9th. Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana is created to promote collecting stamps as a hobby. Under this scheme, annual scholarships will be provided to the students who have a good academic record and also want to pursue philately as a hobby. The objective of the scholarship scheme is to “Promote Philately among children at a young age in a sustainable manner that can reinforce and supplement the academic curriculum in addition to providing a hobby that can help them relax and de-stress”.
Also Read: Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
Benefits Of Yojana
The applicant will be provided the following benefits if they are applying for the Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana:-
- 920 scholarships will be provided to students from all over the country who are pursuing philately as a hobby.
- 6000 per annum will be provided to the students at 500 rupees per month.
- Selections to this scholarship would be for 1 year and there would be no bar on an already select student applying for the scholarship next year provided that they must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Every prospective school which participates in the competition would analyze to be choose from among the renowned philatelists.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure toselect for this benefit:-
- The selections will be through a competitive selection process in all postal circles.
- A maximum of 40 students will select representing 10 students each from class VI to class IX.
- The scholarship is fixed at Rs. 6000 per annum.
- The selections will base on performance in the Philately Quiz conducted by Circles and evaluation of Project work on philately.
- A Philately mentor chosen from among renowned Philatelists would be assigned to each school participating in the competition. The Philately mentor will be responsible for providing guidance in the establishment of a school-level Philately club and guiding the aspiring Philatelists in pursuing the hobby. He would also help the young Philatelists in their Philately projects.
Disbursement of Scholarship
The scholarship will divide among the candidates based on the following details:-
- The awardees will ask to open a joint account with parents in an India post payment bank or post office savings bank in a branch with core banking facilities.
- Each postal circle will select the awardees and hand over the list of beneficiaries to the bank for the payment of this scholarship.
- The bank will ensure that the scholarship is paid to awardees on a quarterly basis which is Rupees 1500 each quarter after getting the list from each circle.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The applicant must be a student of a recognized school within India.
- The school must have a philately club and the students should be a member of the club.
- In case the school Philately Club hasn’t established a student having his own philately deposit account must also consider.
- The candidates must have a good academic record at the time of the selection for the awarded scholarship. The candidate must have scored at least 60% marks or equivalent in the recent final examination. There will be a 5% relaxation for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe categories.
Also Read: PM Cares for Children Scheme
Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for this scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the Deen Dayal website of India Post by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the organization will open on your screen.
- The specifications related to the scholarship will open on your screen and you will have to read the details carefully.
- You can also download the official notification for this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- You have to now click on the apply online button and fill out the application form.
- Enter all of the important details and upload all of the important documents to be eligible for the scholarship.