National innovation Foundation an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology Government of India has announced the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards competition for the students. Eligible students who have innovative ideas can apply. Application forms will be available online mode. Online applications are available only on the official portal of the foundation. For more information, you must check the further sectioned information. Underneath you will get eligibility criteria, the application process, award benefits, and more relevant details.
About Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards 2023
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards has been started in the year 2008. Since then more than 200 students got the award for their innovation/ creative idea. For the competition to win Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards, students have to submit their entries. Students who are studying up to class 12th can submit their creative technological ideas/ innovations for the competition. Students from streams other than science like arts, commerce, etc. can also apply. The idea submitted by the candidate should be his own. Candidates cannot submit common projects/ concepts like hydropower projects, rainwater harvesting, water level indicators, etc. Students can submit a photo/ video/ sketch of their idea. There is no particular format in which students have to submit their idea.
Also Read: Lifology Global Fellowship
Highlights Of Awards
- Name of the scheme: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Award
- Launched by: National Innovation Foundation
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: award
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
Benefits Of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
Students who get selected for the award will get following
- Appreciation certificate
- Top idea/innovation will appear in the exhibition
- Some ideas might attract entrepreneur
- Travel support from home to the Ahmedabad location
- Financial and mentoring support to the practical and useful idea/innovation
- No-cost patents will be for deserving cases
- Applicant must be a school student studying up to class 12th
- Age of the applicant should not be more than 17 years
- The last date of submission of the application will update soon
- The date of announcement of the award will update soon
Also Check: Reliance Foundation Scholarships
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam ignite award, you have to visit the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam portal of the national innovation Foundation
- From the home page of the portal, you have to go to the award option and select ignite award function
- Select more options and read all the details available on the page
- Select the apply link available under the head “how can the submission be” or click here
- Enter the name, age, education, occupation, and other relevant information
- Upload the related document in support of your idea
- Enter the security code and press submit button
- You can also submit your entry through the offline mode
- You have to forward your idea to the below-given address
Dr A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards, National Innovation Foundation – India, Grambharti, Amrapur, Gandhinagar-Mahudi Road, Gandhinagar-382650, Gujarat
In case of any doubts, you may contact the authorities
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Telephone:02764261131/ 32/ 38/ 39
- Fax: +91 022 39167115
yes, students from any Educational Board can apply for the award.
No, students are encouraged to submit as many entries as they wish.
Students can submit their entries as a group or individual.
No, the award will be given to a good idea. It doesn’t matter the idea submitted by a group or individual.
There is no specific number of prizes to be distributed. The best ideas will get the award.