GEO Genius is actually a Geo Genius Geography Olympiad which is organized every year in the month of December by the SilverZone Foundation. The Olympiad is organized for students who are studying in class 2nd to class 10th. It is a two Level Examination. Level 1 is a preliminary exam that is conducted at the respective school and the meritorious students are eligible to apply for the level 2 exam. The Geo Genius India, IBGB learning society conducts the exam. The article will provide more details related to the Olympiad like, the registration procedure, eligibility criteria, last date to apply, selection process, and much more. So, to get more information read the article till the end.
What Is Geo Genius 2023?
Geo Genius Olympiad is open for the State Board, ICSE Board, CBSE Board-, and International Board students from classes 2nd to 12th. The Olympiad Registration for 2021-22 has been started and the last date is 31st October. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 13th December 2021 at various School centers across the country. The students who are willing to apply to Geo Genius Geography Olympiad can visit the official website. In this article, we will also provide you with brief information about the Olympiad such as its application procedure, exam date, timing, syllabus, exam pattern, awards, and much more.
Also Read: Smart Kid General Knowledge Olympiad
Geo Genius Geography Olympiad Exam Date
|Level||Last Date for Registration||Exam Date||Venue|
|1||31st Oct 2021||Updated Soon||School Itself|
|2||National Finals for selected toppers only||Updated Soon||Mumbai, Maharashtra Note- The format, date, and venue of Level 2 may change at the discretion of GeoGenius|
Exam pattern for Geo Genius Geography Olympiad
- The examination paper consists of multiple choice questions (MCQ), to test Geographical knowledge and skills. Every year the Olympiad is conducted in two steps i.e. levels- 1 and 2.
- Level 1 – children participate in various Schools held at their respective School locations throughout the country on 13th Dec 2021 (Expected). This will be a written exam with multiple-choice questions.
- Level 2 – The top 50 Participants in each category with high scores from Level 1, will be invited to Mumbai for the National Finals (Level 2) to be held in April 2023.
- This will be a written exam with multiple-choice questions followed by an audio-visual round. Students have to clear the written exam round to qualify for the audio-visual round.
- The top 10 Participants in each category with high scores from this written exam will be qualified for the audio-visual round.
Geo Genius Geography Olympiad Syllabus
- Sub Junior Category (Class II, III, and IV)
- INDIA: Political Geography: States & Capitals, Physical Geography: Major Mountains & Rivers, Cultural Geography: Languages, Festivals, Dances; Landmarks.
B. Junior Category (Class V, VI, and VII)
- General Physical Geography – Earth, Land Forms, Water bodies, etc.
- INDIA: Political Geography, Historical Geography, Physical Geography, Cultural Geography, Economic Geography.
- ASIA: Political Geography: Important countries’ capitals, Physical geography: major mountains, rivers, Cultural Geography: People, Languages, Holidays, Festivals, Dance, and Sports.
- Current Events
C. Senior Category (Class VIII, IX, and X)
- INDIA: Political Geography, Historical Geography, Physical Geography, Cultural Geography & Economic Geography.
- WORLD: Political Geography: Important countries’ capitals, Physical geography: major mountains, rivers, Cultural Geography: People, Languages, Holidays, Festivals, Dance, and Sports.
- Current Events.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Sample Papers
The sample papers are separately sold by the authority on the official website mentioned above. The GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Sample Papers are available from Class II to X students. Also, Rs. 120 per student can pay to avail of the sample papers. Solving the sample papers ensures better marks for the students. It is recommended by the authority to buy the sample papers but it is not mandatory as it covers Geography Olympiad Questions.
Rewards for Olympiad 2023
The Rewards for Participating Students: (Level 1 School Level)
- All 3 Medals (Gold, Silver and Bronze) will reward in a category subject to at least a minimum 15 students participating in a single category.
- If less than 15 but more than 10 students participate then only Gold and silver medals will reward.
- Less than 10 but more than 5 students participate then only Gold medals will reward.
- If less than 5 students participate then no medal will reward.
Rewards for Participating Students: (Level 2 National Level)
|National Rank 1 in Category||Laptop + Gold Medal + National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
|National Rank 2 in Category||Tablet + Silver Medal + National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
|National Rank 3 in Category||Watch + Bronze Medal + National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
|National Rank 4 in Category||National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
- Only the students from Class II to X are eligible for the Geography Olympiad exam.
- Students of State Board, ICSE Board, CBSE Board, and International Boards.
- A school must enroll at least 50 students from all the standards to be able to enroll in this competition.
GEO Genius Results
The result of the GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2021 will enlist on our website as soon as the Geography Olympiad Result is published. The national finalist will reward with Laptops and Tablet PCs. Also, this page will regularly update with more information on the Olympiad exam. The result will also be available on the official website.
Also Read: SOF National Science Olympiad
Application Procedure for Geo Genius Geography Olympiad 2023
- The Geo Genius Geography Olympiad Application form is available in offline mode only.
- The schools need to contact authorities by mail and number. If they want to act as a Centre for the Olympiad exam for their students to participate.
- The students will contact the school for an application form.
- On the application form, you have to enter your name, email id, and mobile number, and select the board, State, class, etc.
- After filling out the form, they submitted it to their respective schools.