In honour of the late Dr Goolam E. Vahanvati, the 13th Attorney General of India, the GEV Scholarship Fund Trust was established to help future lawyers. Dr Goolam E. Vahanvati began her legal career in the Bombay High Court. He was appointed Advocate General of Maharashtra in December 1999 and served till June 2004, when he was elevated to Solicitor General of India. The Dr Goolam E. Vahanvati Scholarship Fund strives to give prospective legal students from low-income families the chance to study at any law institution in India where they are admitted on merit. Throughout his career, he was involved in a number of significant cases, including the Enron scandal and the stock market fraud. In this article, we give you full information about GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students 2023 and its eligibility criteria, benefits, objectives and much more.
What Is GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2023?
The GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students is a programme of the GEV Scholarship Fund Trust that strives to offer financial assistance to deserving students so that they can pursue a quality legal education at top Indian institutions. Students studying legal studies at the undergraduate or postgraduate level are eligible for scholarships of up to INR 2,00,000 per year to support their academic expenses. The programme also provides mentorship opportunities for chosen applicants, resulting in a vibrant network of young legal scholars. GEV Scholarship Fund Trust has been started in memory of the 13th Attorney General of India, Late Dr Goolam E. Vahanvati to support young law aspirants.
Key Highlights of GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students
|Conducted by||Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati|
|Name of Scholarship||GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students 2023|
|Objective||To offer financial assistance to deserving law students|
|Benefits||INR 2,00,000 per year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be an Indian citizen|
Objective of GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship
GEV Scholarship Fund Trust aims to provide financial support to meritorious law students and help them to pursue a quality legal education at premier Indian institutes. Under this scholarship, students who are pursuing law education at the undergraduate or postgraduate level get scholarships for studies.
Benefits Of GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship
It is a programme of the GEV Scholarship Fund Trust that strives to offer financial assistance to deserving law students so that they can pursue a quality legal education at top Indian institutions. Students studying legal studies at the undergraduate or postgraduate level are eligible for scholarships of up to INR 2,00,000 per year to support their academic expenses. The programme also provides mentorship opportunities for chosen applicants, resulting in a vibrant network of young legal scholars.
The last date for the submission of the application form for GEV
- Memorial Merit Scholarship will be updated soon.
Candidates who are Indian citizens pursuing law degrees can apply for scholarships for law students. Those pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are eligible to apply. The other requirements are as follows:
- They should be pursuing LLB/LLM degree courses (any year) at a recognised law institute in India.
- Candidates who have applied for CLAT, LSAT-India, AILET, or any other law entrance exams are also eligible to apply.
- They should have secured a minimum of 60% in class X and class XII board exams.
- The family income should not exceed INR 20,00,000 per annum.
- The candidates should be willing to sign-up for mentorship.
Note: They will get a chance to assist and nurture GEV scholars’ next batch through the mentorship programme.
- Copies of the mark sheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to the latest qualification)
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution, or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies (optional)
- Income proof (Salary Statement, IT Returns) of the applicant’s parents
- Copy of latest CLAT/LSAT-India/AILET/other law entrance exam results
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of the Aadhar Card
Application Procedure for GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship for Law Students 2023
- The candidates should visit the Official Website to apply for the GEV memorial merit scholarship for law students.
- Then you should click on the Apply now button.
- The candidates should click on the ‘register’ button. They can also register through their Facebook, Gmail, mobile number and email address.
- They should fill in the registration form and click on ‘register’ to complete the GEV memorial merit scholarship for law students’ registration process.
- The applicants can now click on the ‘start application’ button.
- The candidates should fill in the application form, and read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- They should click on the ‘preview’ button and double-check the application form before making the final submission.
The committee selects the candidates for the GEV memorial merit scholarship for law students based on their academic merit and financial condition. The selection process involves various stages, and they are:
- The candidates are first shortlisted based on their academic performance and financial need.
- The committee will further shortlist the candidates after a telephone interview.
- Next, they will verify the documents of the selected students.
- The committee prepares the final list after the candidate’s face-to-face interview with the committee.
- In case of any queries, please reach out to:
- 011-430-92248 (Ext- 298) (Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 6 PM)