ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2023 was created in order to provide opportunities to the registered Ph.D. scholarship from any recognized University college on institution available in India. This scholarship will definitely help the students to pursue and complete their doctoral research in auditing, taxation, commerce, management, and accounting. The candidates must have confirmed their Ph.D. registration. The main objective of the scheme is to provide proper opportunities to all of the research Scholars who want to carry out their Research. People will be able to provide opportunities to these Scholars and they will be able to continue their research on a global level using this prestigious scholarship program. The value will be added to the subject and the research results through the development of this prestigious scholarship. Applicants must be members of ICAI in order to successfully apply for this prestigious scholarship.
About ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is in search of students who are going to pursue a Ph.D. degree in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management, and Accounting. and are members of the institute to provide financial support. Deserving candidates may apply for the scholarship program. Financial assistance under this scheme will be given to the 5 candidates every year. Students will get financial support only for the 3 years.
Also Read: Google Ph.D. Fellowship
- Last Date: September 30, 2023
- Membership of ICAI
- Age should be less than 40 years on the date of application.
- Candidate shall be Full-Time Student at the University/College/ Institution while pursuing PhD for their attendance and Classes.
- Candidates shall not avail of any other scholarship for the same.
- The application shall be forwarded by the Supervisor of the candidate for a PhD or any other competent signing authority of the University/College/Institution.
- Candidates are advised to apply only if they are pursuing PhD in a relevant and contemporary topic considering the current economic scenario matching with the ICAI mandate, intent to add value to the society, scalable and have global relevance.
- Rs. 75000 per month
- Scholarship to be awarded for a maximum period of 3 years to 5 scholars annually.
- A contingency grant will be admissible at Rs. 50,000 per annum.
- Applications are initially scrutinised by the Research Committee Secretariat.
- After that, Shortlisting Committee will short-list the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- Such applicants may also be invited for a presentation before Shortlisting Committee.
- The recommendations of the Shortlisting Committee will then be placed before the Research Committee for its final approval.
- Regular monitoring of scholarship is done based on quarterly and annual progress reports submitted by the scholar and duly forwarded by the supervisor.
- The scholarship may be discontinued if research progress is found unsatisfactory or any ICAI rules are violated.
- The ICAI may ask for an annual presentation/mid-term appraisal of the research work.
- During the scholarship, the scholars are required to publish yearly at least one research paper in the International Journal of Repute and one in the ICAI Journal on the theme of the research undertaken and submit a copy of these to ICAI.
- The scholar must join the scholarship within four weeks of the date of the award letter by submitting the required documents through the affiliating/administering institution. This may be extended by the ICAI up to six months in deserving cases.
- The sanction of the scholarship will be issued initially for a period of one year, effective from the date of joining of the scholar in the scholarship. The renewal of the scholarship for the subsequent year shall be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory annual progress report and at least one research paper in the International Journal of Repute and one in ICAI Journal
- Research Proposal in not more than 3000 words
- Abstract of Research Proposal in not more than 300 words
- Self- Attested copy of proofs of qualification for NET/SLET/MPhil etc.
- Self -Attested copy of ICAI Membership
- Self -Attested copy of PhD Enrolment/Registration
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2023 Application Procedure
- You will first have to visit the ICAI website of the scholarship by clicking on the link even here
- Click on the option called notification for this scholarship and read the details of the scholarship carefully.
- Click on the option called application form in order to download the application form for this scholarship.
- The scanned copy of the application form along with the enclosures may be submitted at email@example.com
- Research Committee
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- 3rd Floor, Main Building
- ICAI Bhawan, Post Box No. 7100,
- Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2023 FAQs
The students can submit the application form for the scholarship by submitting the PDF of the application form and sending it in an email to the concerned authorities.
If you want to apply for the scholarship then you must fill out the application form before 30th September 2023. Make sure to follow the eligibility criteria and send the correct form.
If you want to apply for this scholarship, you must be a member of ICAI and you must be less than 40 years of age.
The students will be able to get 75000 per month in order to apply for this scholarship and they will be able to continue their research accordingly.