Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 is very important to pursue candidates because it will definitely lower your burden in consideration of the monetary expenses that you will have to go through if you are planning to study at a prestigious University abroad or in India. You can check out the specifications related to the international or national scholarships available in this country from the article provided below. We will also share with you the list of national and international level scholarships and this step-by-step process that you need to follow in order to apply for these scholarships.
About Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
If you want to pursue your undergraduate courses in prestigious universities present across India you must be aware of the fact that we are a lot of different scholarships which are available for students belonging to the different sections of society and you will be able to get proper benefits available to you if you are eligible for Undergraduate Scholarship opportunity as per the eligibility criteria. These scholarship opportunities are available by the concerned authorities of the organizations in order to help the people who belong to the economically backward section of society and are not able to continue their education taking into account various financial circumstances. International scholarships are also available if you want to pursue your education in a foreign country.
- National Level
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Application Timeline|
|1.||L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarships||Between June and July|
|2.||G. P. Birla Scholarship||Between May and July|
|3.||CLP India Scholarship Scheme||Between May and June|
|4.||Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme||Runs throughout the year|
|5.||NIU Scholarship cum Admission Test (NSAT)||Between March and May|
|6.||Raman Kant Munjal Scholarship||Between May and June|
|7.||Dr Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship||Between January and July|
|8.||Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship Programme||Between June and January|
|9.||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||Between April and May|
|10.||LSAT India Law Scholarship||Between April and May|
|11.||Azim Premji University Undergraduate Scholarship||Between March and April|
|12.||UPESEAT B.Tech Scholarship, UPES||Between March and May|
|13.||MMIT Engineering Scholarship||Between December and March|
|14.||All India Youth Scholarship Entrance Examination (AIYSEE)||Between January and March|
|15.||KIITEE Merit Scholarship||Between February and March|
|16.||National Entrance Screening Test (NEST)||Between January and March|
|17.||HP Udaan Scholarship Program||Between January and March|
|18.||ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students||Between November and January|
|19.||Foundation for Excellence Scholarship||Between October and December|
|20.||INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)||Between November and December|
- International Level
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Country||Application Timeline|
|1.||Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for Undergraduate Students||Japan||Between May and June|
|2.||Tianjin Government Scholarship Program||China||Between May and June|
|3.||Chinese Government Scholarship||China||Between February and March|
|4.||Zhengzhou University President Scholarship||China||Between May and June|
|5.||Guangdong Government Outstanding Foreign Student Scholarship||China||Between May and June|
|6.||Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship Business School||UK||Between April and June|
|7.||Dean’s Indian Scholarship, the University of Strathclyde||UK||Between May and August|
|8.||The Rhodes Scholarships for India, the University of Oxford||UK||Between May and July|
|9.||Tel Aviv University Summer Program Scholarship||Israel||Between May and June|
|10.||Israel Government Scholarships||Israel||Between October and November|
|11.||Italian Government Scholarship||Italy||Between April and May|
|12.||Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students||Mexico||Between August and September|
|13.||Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)||South Korea||Between February and March|
|14.||Brazilian Government Scholarship||Brazil||Between July and August|
|15.||UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship||Ireland||Between March and May|
|16.||Trinity College Dublin Scholarship||Ireland||Between March and May|
|17.||Deakin University Merit Scholarship||Australia||Between October and December|
|18.||UNSW Future of Change India Scholarships||Australia||Between May and July|
|19.||University of Bristol Think Big Undergraduate Scholarships||UK||Between May and June|
|20.||Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship Business School||UK||Between April and June|
Awards Details Under Undergraduate Scholarship
The following awards will be eligible for all of the people who are applying for the various undergraduate scholarship at the National or International levels:-
- L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarships- Lumpsum scholarship amount of INR 2.5 Lakhs
- G. P. Birla Scholarship- Scholarship worth up to INR 50,000 per annum and other additional benefits
- CLP India Scholarship Scheme: Up to INR 18,000 per annum
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme: Up to INR 1,000 per month
- NIU Scholarship cum Admission Test (NSAT): Tuition fee waiver of up to 70%
- Raman Kant Munjal Scholarship: Up to INR 270,000 per annum for 3 years
- Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship: INR 240,000 for 3 years of study
- ICTS – S. N. Bhatt Memorial Excellence Fellowship Program: Variable awards
- ICAI Commerce Wizard: Cash prize of up to INR 1 Lakh
- The Anant Fellowship: Tuition fee waiver of up to 80% for pursuing postgraduate courses
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for Undergraduate Students: Monthly allowance of JPY 117,000 and other benefits like traveling expenses, supplemental regional allowance, transportation allowance, and more
- Chinese Government Scholarship: Full and partial scholarships
- The Rhodes Scholarships for India, University of Oxford: Full tuition fee along with other benefits
- Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP): Settlement allowance, monthly allowance, research allowance, reimbursement of thesis printing charges, airfare, and other expenses
- Trinity College Dublin Scholarship, Ireland: Tuition fee waiver of up to EUR 5,000
- Italian Government Scholarship: Monthly allowance of EUR 900
- Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students: Tuition fees, registration fees, insurance, monthly stipend, and visa
- Brazilian Government Scholarship: Full tuition fee waiver
- Israel Government Scholarships: Monthly allowance, tuition fee, and health insurance
- Deakin University Merit Scholarship, Australia: Tuition fee waiver of up to 25%
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship scheme:-
- L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarships- L’Oréal India offers Young Women in Science Scholarships for young meritorious girls who come from economically weaker sections to pursue undergraduate studies in fields like Engineering, Medical, Applied Sciences, and Pure Sciences.
- G. P. Birla Scholarship is only applicable to meritorious students of West Bengal and to those who are willing to pursue an undergraduate degree course in streams like Arts, Science, Commerce, Architecture, Engineering, or Medicine.
- CLP India Scholarship Scheme- CLP India has also launched its scholarship scheme for students of class 10 to 12, graduation, diploma, vocational training, and postgraduate courses. The scholarship is limited to the regions of Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme- Sitaram Jindal Foundation offers a number of scholarships for students at different levels of education. It also offers undergraduate scholarships for students of up to INR 1,000 per month. To be eligible for this scholarship, the students must have obtained at least 60% marks (for boys) and 55% marks (for girls) in the qualifying examination. If students from West Bengal or Karnataka are applying, the percentage criteria for boys and girls is 70% and 65% (for Karnataka) and 65% and 60% (for West Bengal) respectively.
- NIU Scholarship cum Admission Test (NSAT)- The Noida International University (NIU) offers scholarships to students applying for undergraduate or postgraduate courses. Applicable only for courses like BTech, BTech + MBA, BTech + MTech, MBA, BBA, BBA + MBA, BALLB, BBALLB, BAJMC, the scholarship is given on the basis of students’ performance in NSAT.
- Raman Kant Munjal Scholarship is an initiative of Hero Group, this undergraduate scholarship is meant to support the education of meritorious students who need financial support to pursue vocational and higher education. The students pursuing an undergraduate degree course can avail this scholarship if their age is more than 19 years as of the date of application, and they have scored at least 65% marks in the class 12 examination. Also, the family income should be less than INR 6 Lakhs per annum.
- Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship is the most popular undergraduate scholarship in India that aims to encourage young women to pursue a career in the Science stream. It is a merit-based scholarship that is rewarded to exceptionally meritorious girls who opt for a BSc program in natural or pure science.
- ICTS – S. N. Bhatt Memorial Excellence Fellowship Program- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru introduced these undergraduate scholarships for Indian students who are enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate programs in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering. These scholarships offer a special chance for the students to work with post-doctoral fellows and faculties of the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences and to participate in research.
- ICAI Commerce Wizard is for students of Class 9/10/11/12 and B. Com/BBA/BMS/Allied subjects with an objective to encourage them to attain excellence in the commerce stream.
- The Anant Fellowship by the Anant National University is open to students and practitioners from any discipline like architecture, design, planning, environmental science and engineering, and civil and construction engineering. The fellowship would prepare students to take on key architectural, design, planning, and sustainability challenges of India and the world.
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for Undergraduate Students is for students who are willing to pursue an undergraduate degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Science at a University in Japan, the Ministry of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Government of Japan is offering undergraduate scholarships.
- Chinese Government Scholarship is Run by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India and the Government of China, this scholarship is applicable for students who wish to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral degree programs at a university in China. To be eligible for its undergraduate scholarship, the students must be under 25 years of age and have passed the class 12 examination.
- The Rhodes Scholarships for India, University of Oxford is For students who wish to pursue their higher education in the UK, the University of Oxford, one of the renowned universities in the UK offers a Rhodes Scholarship (funded by the Rhodes Trust) for graduates or students in the final year of graduation to pursue postgraduate studies.
- Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)- The MHRD, Government of India in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Korea offers this scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students to pursue master’s, Ph.D., or research programs in Korea.
- Trinity College Dublin Scholarship, Ireland offers undergraduate scholarships and postgraduate scholarships for students applying to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Italian Government Scholarship is yet another initiative of the MHRD, Government of India in collaboration with the Italian Government. The scholarship is meant for graduate and postgraduate students to pursue Master’s, Ph.D., and research courses in Italy. It aims at fostering international cultural, scientific, and technical cooperation.
- Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students- The Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), on behalf of the Government of Mexico, offers undergraduate scholarships and postgraduate scholarships for students willing to pursue master’s or Ph.D. courses at Mexican participating institutions. It is a merit-based scholarship for students having a bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree with a minimum GPA of 80 on a scale of 100.
- Brazilian Government Scholarship- As part of its undergraduate exchange program, the Brazilian Government offers this undergraduate scholarship for class 12 passed students between 18 and 23 years of age. The scholarship aims to promote international educational cooperation activities and procedures.
- Israel Government Scholarships- With an objective to encourage Indian students to carry out study and research at an Israeli university, the Government of India in partnership with the Government of Israel offers this undergraduate scholarship. Applicable to students who are pursuing or have completed their master’s degree, this scholarship is limited to streams like Chemistry, Agriculture, Biology, Economics, Mass Communication, Biotechnology, Business Management, and Environment Studies.
- Deakin University Merit Scholarship, Australia- This is one of the most popular undergraduate scholarships for Indian students to pursue studies in Australia. Applicable for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies, the scholarship aims to encourage students with exceptional academic achievements. To be eligible for the undergraduate scholarship, the students must have passed the class 12 examination with at least 65% marks. Having an IELTS overall score of 6.0 is also mandatory for this scholarship.
Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for the various scholarships:-
- The candidates will first have to take admitted in the various Institutions available by the organization that is providing this scholarship to the student. You will have to confirm your admission by visiting the official University.
- The candidates will be automatically eligible for the various International scholarships after they have taken admitted to the organization of their choice.
- You have to visit the official website of this scholarship that you want to apply for and click on the apply online button.
- The application form will open on your screen and you will have to enter the various details
- Fill out the application form with all of the important specifications and upload all of the documents.
- You need to submit the application form successfully and you will be eligible for this scholarship.