If you are a student who wants to pursue higher education in Britain then you can apply for the IELTS Scholarship 2022. This scholarship scheme was created in order to provide proper opportunities for the people who want to be a part of prestigious British organizations and pursue their education outside India. You can check out the specifications related to the eligibility criteria and we have also shared the step-by-step selection procedure that will be followed by the authority. We will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures so wish you will be able to apply online for the scholarship scheme.
IELTS Scholarship 2022
British Council ELTS Scholarship is open for all Indian students and there will be 9 awards available in this prestigious scholarship scheme presented by the British Council especially available for foreign students. The students can come from 140 countries that are recognized by the British Council and this scholarship is available in over 9000 Institutions available worldwide. Over 2500 US higher education institutions recognize IELTS, and all Canadian and Australian and UK universities recognize IELTS. This is scholarship is created in order to promote Global education and also the main objective of the scheme is to assist Indian students so that they can get admission to prestigious British colleges and take into account postgraduate education without having to worry about financial expenses.
- The application deadline for British Council IELTS Award is 30 June 2022 till 2 pm. Post application will not accept. The application is open from 1st June 2022.
- The British Council IELTS Scholarship interview will be online in August 2022
The applicant will be provided the following rewards in this scholarship presented by the British Council especially available for Indian students:-
- There will be nine awards and each award will have a value of £10,000. In the first instance, it will be applies towards tuition fees. If the fees are below £10,000, the remaining funds may allocates towards living costs.
- IELTS Scholarship award funds are applies to the candidate’s tuition fees only. The scholarship will be awards directly to the university you will attend after the British Council has officially confirm your status with that university.
- The choice of universities is wide for Indian students with over 2500 institutions and programs in the US alone, accepting IELTS. Students may use the award at any university in any country outside India that recognizes IELTS for the purposes of post-graduate admission requirements.
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure in order to get selection by the committee of the scholarship scheme presents by the British Council:-
- One can apply to IELTS scholarships only after they have received the IELTS scores. Since IELTS scores are valid for two years, previous years’ IELTS scores can also use for applying to the current IELTS Scholarship.
- Before applying for IELTS Scholarship, the applicant must have to take an IELTS test with the British Council and receive their scores.
- The candidates are short-list by a panel of British Council officers on the basis of their performance on the task completion criteria on the application form (i.e Task A). In this task, the applicant must have to answer a question given in the application in no more than 300 words.
- Shortlists applicants will acknowledge of their status via email.
- All short-listed applicants will need to give a short presentation in person on an assigned task and supply a letter of acceptance from a university that accepts IELTS as part of their admissions requirements before the time limit indicated on the British Council website.
- Failure of submitting your letter of acceptance will result in your immediate removal from the short list of applicants.
- The final eight winning scholars will choose by a panel of trained external raters from the higher education and/or corporate sectors in India. A senior British Council officer will also sit on the panel. The panel will carefully interview all the short-listed candidates to decide on the winning students.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the British Council scholarship:-
- The applicant must be a Resident & citizen of India
- The applicant must attend a higher education institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- The applicant must have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum band score average of 6.5
- The applicant must have taken their most recent IELTS test with the British Council
- The applicant must begin their full-time postgraduate study outside India
- The applicant must be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution
The following documents are require in order to submit with the application form to be eligible for the scholarship:-
- A completed application, including the copy of the IELTS Test Report Form and a recent photo attached to the application
- Task A (300-word limit)
- Disability Certificate if applicable
IELTS Scholarship 2022 Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for the scholarship program presented by the British Council:-
- The application form for the IELTS scholarship can download from the British council website.
- To fill out the application form and attach all of the documents mentioned above.
- The complete application along with the required documents should send to the following address;
- IELTS Scholarship
- British Council Division
- British Deputy High Commission
- 737 Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600002