In the field of engineering, to encourage, recognize, and honor women for their outstanding performance Indian National Academy of Engineering has started the INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award. This award is especially for women engineers. Every year 3 women from Academia, Industry, and R&D have been selected for this award. If you are interested in knowing detailed information about the INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award then read the further section of this article which include each and every detail like apply process, eligibility, benefits, and more.
About INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award
Indian National Academy of Engineering has invited online applications for the INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award. This award is for women engineers who may serve as role models to budding women engineering professionals in the future. All the eligible women engineers working in India can get this award. To submit the nomination, you have to download the prescribed proforma. You can download the performance from INAE official portal or from this page below. Nominations are accepted till 15 May 2022 only.
Also Read: Praxis Women in Tech (WiT) Scholarship
Highlights Of INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award
- Name of the scheme: INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award
- Launched by: Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Launched for: women engineers
- Benefits: cash
- No of Awards: 3
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: www.inae.in
Objective Of INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award
The objective of the Indian National Academy of Engineering behind the INAE Women of the Year Award is to recognize and honor deserving women engineers for their outstanding contributions to any field of engineering and technology in India.
Benefits/ Features of INAE Women Engineer of the Year Award
- Only 3 awards every year will be given to the women engineer
- One award from each of the three categories
- Awardee will get a cash award of Rs. 2 lakhs and a citation
- Award will be presented to the awardee during the Academy Annual Convention
- Applicant should be
- a women
- an engineer
- in between 40 to 60 years of age
- an Indian citizen
- Applicant need not be an INAE Fellow
- If he/ she is an INAE Fellow, should not be a member of the INAE Governing Council during the year of the award.
- Applicant must have made a significant difference in any branch of engineering and technology by way of breakthrough innovation and disruptive change in different fields of engineering.
- The applicant must have helped
- to advance the knowledge
- competence to the benefit of the profession in India.
- competence to the benefit of the people in India.
- Passport size image
- CV of the nominee
- Other significant documents
- For the selection of the awardee, a selection committee will be formed
- Selection Committee for Life Time Contribution Award in Engineering/ Prof Jai Krishna and Prof SN Mitra Memorial Awards and INAE Outstanding Teachers Awards under the Chairmanship of President with three Vice-Presidents as members will select the candidate from all the three categories
- The last date of submission of the application form will update soon.
Also Check: Optica Foundation Scholarship for Women
Application Procedure Of Award 2023
- From the home page of the portal go to the option of the award available in the menu bar
- Choose “INAE Women of the Year Award” from the drop-down list
- A new page will open on the screen along with the information, read it carefully
- Choose the “view form” option given in front of PROFORMA FOR NOMINATION
- An application form will start downloading in your computer or laptop
- Open the application and fill the details in it including
- Contact Details of Nominee
- Office Address
- Resident Address
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Date of birth of the Nominee:
- Present Affiliation of the Nominee:
- Professional Experience of the Nominee
- Complete the application and attach the necessary documents
- Forward the application by email to email@example.com