The INO exam is conducted by the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education(HBCSE). The INO 2023 is the second stage of the qualification exam for the International Science Olympiad. The Students who have qualified for the National Standard Examination (NSE) are eligible to participate in the INO. The Indian National Olympiad is for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, and Junior Science. The students who are currently enrolled in schools can apply for these Olympiads in online mode. All the students who want to get more information about the Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2023 visit their official site where you get more information. This article also provides you with information about exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, question paper, result, and much more.
About Indian National Olympiad 2023
Indian national Olympiad 2023 (INO) registration for the Indian Olympiad Qualifier (IOQ) has been started. Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education conducts the National Science Olympiad. The students who have qualified in the National Standard Examination (NSE) are eligible to participate in the INO. The exam is conducted at 18 centers across India in various science subjects like- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, and Junior Science. For Mathematics the first stage (Regional Mathematical Olympiad) will be conducted by the MTA and the final stage (Regional Mathematical Olympiad) will be organized by HBCSE.
Also Check: International Earth Science Olympiad
Olympiads Conducted by HBCSE
The following Olympiad will be conducted by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education:
- National Standard Examination in Astronomy.
- National Standard Examination in Biology.
- National Standard Examination in Chemistry.
- National Standard Examination in Junior science.
- National Standard Examination in Physics.
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad.
Indian National Olympiad Important Dates
Exam Dates for every subject have not been announced. Candidates can check the Tentative dates of the olympaid 2023 from the table given below.
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Last date to register for INO exam||Updated Soon|
|Admit card||Updated Soon|
|Date of the INO exam||Updated Soon|
|Availability of provisional answer key||Updated Soon|
|Due date of challenging the answer key||Updated Soon|
|Final releasing of the answer key||Updated Soon|
|Declaration of the Exam Result||Updated Soon|
|Declaration of the final results after Revaluation||Updated Soon|
Examination Scheduled for INO
The schedule for examination are given below:
|Subject||Date of Exam|
|Junior Science||Updated Soon|
- The student must be an Indian citizen
- The applicant who wants to apply for the INO must have appeared for any of the exams of NSEA, NSEP, NSEB and NSEC.
- The students who score equal or greater than the Minimum Admissible Score (MAS) are eligible for INO. The Minimum Admissible Score for a given subject will be 50% of the average of the total 10 scores in that subject.
- The students who scored above the merit index will automatically qualify for INO for each subject. The merit index in a subject is defined as 80% of the average of the top 10 scores in that subject rounded off to the nearest lower and integer.
- A minimum of one student must be selected from each state or union territory.
- As per HBCSE norms, 300 students should be selected for the INO stage 2 exam. In case the norms are not met, the additional students will be selected purely merit-wise, provided they scored more than the Minimum Admissible Score until the target number of 300 students is reached.
The candidates who are going to appear in the INO must check the exam pattern and type of questions in the exam. They can check the details of the exam pattern below:
- Types of Question: Objective type
- Mode of the Exam: Online
- Number of Questions: 80
- Medium of question paper: English/Hindi
- Negative marking: Yes
Syllabus for Olympiad
Students who are participating in the INO must go through the syllabus of the exam to prepare for the Olympiad. The basic syllabus detail is below:
|Indian National Astronomy Olympiad (INAO)||Is broadly equivalent to the senior secondary level of CBSE. There will be a great emphasis on physics, math, and elementary astronomy.|
|Indian National Biology Olympiad (INBO)||Is broadly equivalent to the senior secondary level of CBSE.|
|Indian National Chemistry Olympiad (INCO)||Is broadly equivalent to the senior secondary level of CBSE.|
|Indian National Junior Olympiad (INJSO)||Is broadly equivalent to the secondary school level of CBSE. All the basic subjects of science and mathematics may have roughly equal emphasis.|
|Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPO)||Is broadly equivalent to the senior secondary level of CBSE.|
Also Read: International English Olympiad
Indian National Olympiad Application Form
The candidate can register for the olypaid through online mode. The students who qualified in the National Standard Examination can enroll in the Indian National Olympiad Test. The steps for online registration are given here.
- First candidates have to visit the INO website of the conduction authority.
- If the student has already registered for the National Standard Examination (Stage 1), then they can log in by using their user id and password.
- After that, the applicant will have to open the INO application form from the link available on the homepage.
- The student has to enter all the details in the INR application form which are needed such as personal, educational, academic, residential, contact, and many more.
- Then you have to attach a passport-size photograph.
- At the time of registration, students can choose their examination center.
- Then the applicant may check the application fees and submit the form.
- Once the application fee is submitted, the candidate can take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Indian National Olympiad Result
The Indian national Olympiad results will be announced after the Olympiad for all the subjects is over by the conducting authorities.
- The Indian National Science Olympiad result will publish on the official website.
- The candidates can check the name of the list of selected candidates for the International Science Olympiad.
- Students can check their Olympiad exam by entering their INO registration number or roll number and name.