The Japanese scholarships for overseas students have been announced by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT). The Japanese scholarships 2022-23 are fully-funded international student scholarships. Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) awards scholarships to international students who intend to study undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and training programs in Japan. Interested parties must submit their applications to the Japanese embassy in their home country. All of the applications will be evaluated and shortlisted. Read below to check the detailed information related to Japanese scholarships 2022-23 like Highlights, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Application Procedures, and much more.
Japanese scholarships 2022-23
Students seeking for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship do not need to be fluent in Japanese or provide proof of English language proficiency in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score. Applicants who have great educational achievements will be able to study in Japan for free and receive monthly living allowances. The degree programs will be provided in both English and Japanese, therefore learning the Japanese language is not required to receive this MEXT grant. The MEXT scholarship will cover tuition, housing, a monthly housing allowance, and round-trip flights from your home country to Japan.
Highlights of Japanese Scholarships
|Scholarship Name||Japanese scholarships 2022-23|
|Study Level||Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training|
|Offered Courses||All types of courses like Social Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medical, Health, Arts, etc.|
|Course Duration||Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, Ph.D.: 3-4 Years|
|MEXT Scholarship Last date: deadlines)||Varies from Embassy to Embassy|
Benefits of Japanese scholarships
Some of the key benefits of the scholarships are as follows:
- Allowances: Preparatory Allowance, Monthly Stipend Allowance (2022 Rate)
- Travel Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your round-trip airfare from your home country to Japan. For the flight, the airline ticket will be in Economy class.
- Education Fees: MEXT will cover the costs of the entrance examination and tuition fees at universities.
- Accommodations: Universities provide residence halls for international students.
The applicants applying for scholarships must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must know the English language.
- Applicants from all countries in the world are eligible to apply
- The applicants who are Japanese citizens at the time of application are ineligible.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country with which Japan has diplomatic ties.
- For Undergraduate courses, applicants must be at least 17 years old and under 25 years old, with a minimum of 12 years of schooling or courses equivalent to a high school diploma.
- For a Masters’s degree applicant must have completed 16 or 18 years of schooling
- Ph.D., degree applicant must be under 35 years old and a college graduate
- Applicant must be under 35 years old and a graduate of a college or teacher training college to be considered for teacher training. You must have worked as a teacher at a primary, secondary, or teacher training college in your country for at least five years.
While filling up the application form for Japanese scholarships, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for scholarships are as follows:
- Japanese scholarships 2022-23 Application form
- Bachelor’s program applicants must submit their high school diplomas, master’s program applicants must attach their bachelor’s degree, and Ph.D. applicants must attach their master’s degree.
- The highest degree/diploma transcripts must also be included in their confirmed form. If they are not already in English, they should be translated into it.
- Two letters of recommendation from the applicant’s professors, advisors, or employers. The applicant’s academic performance, work ethic, and/or research potential will be verified through recommendation letters.
- Copy of the passport scanned
- Students applying to research-based programs should submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
Steps to Apply for Japanese scholarships 2022-23
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Japanese scholarships 2022-23
- Find the official webpage for the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
- Under the ‘Education‘ option on their website, look for MEXT scholarships.
- Download the scholarship application, read it thoroughly, and complete it.
- Submit the documents listed on the application form.
- Take the written test administered by the Japanese Embassy in your area.
- Give the scholarship interview, which the Embassy will also conduct.
- Wait for the results, which will be sent to you through email and the scholarship website.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the Japanese scholarships 2022-23, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- Mr. Sinha,
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Japan Information Centre (JIC),
- Embassy of Japan,
- 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri,
- New Delhi – 110021.