The Government of India has launched Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students. Under this fellowship, a 5 years scholarship program will be provided to students who are currently pursuing master’s in philosophy and Ph.D. courses. With the help of this fellowship, minority community students will be able to get full-time Ph.D. courses in the universities. All the student who clears the eligibility criteria can easily apply for the fellowship by visiting the official website. You can check out more details related to Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2024 in the article given below.
About Maulana Azad National Fellowship MANF 2024
A 5-year scholarship program will be provided for the students currently pursuing Masters In Philosophy and Ph.D. courses from universities present all over India. This scholarship is presented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the Government of India and the scholarship under the scheme will only be provided to the minority communities students through the University Grants Commission. The fellowship will be provided to the students who are pursuing MPhil and Ph.D. courses full-time or through a regular timeline in the universities.
Also Read: Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
Details Of MANF 2024
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship MANF 2024
|Government of India
|Providing scholarship opportunities
|Minority communities students
Maulana Azad National Fellowship MANF Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the following eligibility criteria:-
- The candidate should belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (C) of the National Minorities Commission Act, 1992.
- According to the UGC advertisement, he/she should be admitted and enrolled in a regular and full-time M.Phil /PhD. course, fulfilling the conditions of admission to a university/institution as per the provisions of the Fellowship.
- Minority students once considered eligible for the fellowship, will not be entitled to receive benefits for this study from any other source i.e. from other bodies like Central or State Govt or UGC.
- Minority students will not be required to pass NET / SLET exams to be eligible for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for M.Phil / PhD.
- To qualify for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) / Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), the University Grants Commission standards will be applicable at the pre-M. Phil and pre-Ph. D. stages respectively and must have earned at least 50% marks at the postgraduate level.
Duration Of MANF Scholarship
The scholarship will be provided only for the following duration:-
|Name of Course
|Acceptance of JRF and SRF
|2 years for JRF
|Zero for SRF
|M. Phil + Ph.D.
|2 years for JRF
|Remaining 3 years for SRF
MANF Awards Details
The following awards will be provided in this scholarship scheme:-
|Rs 16,000 per month (JRF) for the initial 2 yearsRs 18,000 per month (SRF) for the year
|For arts and commerceContingency
|Rs 10,000 per year for the initial 2 yearsRs 20,500 per year for 3 years
|Science and engineering Contingency
|Rs 12,000 per year for the initial 2 yearsRs 25,000 per year for 3 years
|Infrastructure to the affiliated institution at the rate of per student Rs 3,000 per year for the provision of
|Rs 2,000 per month in cases of physically and visually handicapped candidates
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Implementation Procedure
The scholarship will implement through the following implementation procedure:-
- The University Grants Commission will be the nodal agency for the implementation of the Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme for minority students, which will be defined from time to time by the Government of India.
- University Grants Commission will notify the publication of the details related to the fellowship through the press and other media.
- The University Grants Commission will not be obliged to pass NET / SLET examinations for granting Maulana Azad National Fellowship to minority students. The University Grants Commission will give sufficient time to the candidates to apply for the fellowship.
- Candidates will be selected transparently by the University Grants Commission to provide Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students.
- If the number of candidates exceeds the number of fellows, then the University Grants Commission will select the candidates for such fellowship based on the percentage of marks obtained by them in the postgraduate examination.
- Fellowships will be disbursed among various states / UTs in proportion to the minority population of the 2001 census in the respective state/union territory. However, at least 4 fellowships will be awarded to all states / UTs in a manner that reduces the targets of more fellowship states appropriately. In the context of these four fellowships, disbursements will not be made community-wise in the States / UTs. All applications will be collected and decided on merit.
- If the number of fellowships allotted to a State / Union Territory is not fully utilized, the University Grants Commission will re-allocate the remaining fellowships to the States / UTs, if eligible candidates are not available.
- The number of eligible candidates in the Union Territories will be more than the number of fellowships allotted to them. The decision in this context will be taken by a committee consisting of representatives of the University Grants Commission and the Joint Secretary in charge of scholarship work in the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- The disbursement of the amount of fellowship to the candidates by the University Grants Commission will be done through the Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (MPBS) under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) as far as possible.
This scholarship will distribute through the following distribution procedure:
- A total of 756 Fellowships will be awarded every year (State-wise disbursement status is shown in the Annex). Fellows not provided for a year will be used during the ensuing academic session if a sufficient number of candidates are unavailable.
- Out of the fellowship, 30% of the fellowship will be scheduled for the girl students, the remaining 70% of the fellowship will be general. If there is a shortage of female candidates, the fellowship will be awarded to a male student of the same minority community.
- If the number of candidates exceeds the number of fellowships, then the University Grants Commission will select the candidates for such fellowship based on the percentage of marks obtained by them in the postgraduate examination.
- Reservation for differently-abled students will be following the standards of the University Grants Commission.
- The selection of scholars under the scheme will be done in all fields of knowledge.
- At the national level, the community-wise selection of students will be done based on their population ratio.
- State / UT-wise selection of research scholars will be ensured as far as possible.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Selection Procedure
The candidates will have to go through the following selection procedure in order to get selection for this scholarship:-
- The applicants need to appear and qualify for the UGC NET or CSIR NET examination.
- Based on the merit list of both examinations, the final selection will be made. Out of the 1,000 fellowships available, 750 are allocated for subjects under UGC NET and 250 are allocated for science-related subjects under CSIR NET.
Terms and Conditions
You will have to follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- Under the MANF scheme, the duration of the fellowship is two years in the initial period. And before this period expires, the research work of the fellow is evaluated. On finding the work satisfactory, the tenure is further extended for a period of three years under the MANF Senior Research Fellowship.
- In case of application of any fraudulent method in obtaining the fellowship, automatic cancellation of MANF is initiated and the disbursed amount is recovered with interest.
- The awardee cannot undertake any kind of employment such as Ad-hoc teachers, Teaching Assistants or Research Assistants. This leads to the cancellation of the fellowship.
- The beneficiaries’ bank account numbers are validated through PFMS for the creation of beneficiary ID.
- The awardee of MANF is liable for a maximum of 30 days of leave per year in addition to public holidays.
- The candidates are also eligible for maternity and paternity leave once as applicable under the rules of the Government of India.
Application Procedure Maulana Azad National Fellowship MANF 2024
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Click on the link given here to go to the MANF Website for the scholarship scheme
- The homepage of the scholarship scheme will be displayed on your screen
- The details regarding the scholarship will be displayed on your screen
- You have to read all of the details carefully.
- Now you have to click on the link called Apply Online
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- You have to fill up the application form
- Upload all of the documents and successfully apply for the scholarship.
Points to Keep in Mind
Before applying for the scholarship program, the applicant must keep these points in mind.
- The applicant must check eligibility before applying for the scholarship program.
- He or she must have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in the upcoming days.
- Do not wait for the last date to apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant must have a valid and active email ID.
- Avoid using mobile phones for Online submission of scholarships.
- Prefer using a laptop or a desktop for application form submission.
- Keep all the documents ready before applying for the scholarship.
- Check all the details carefully before the final submission
Applicants can mail their query to the mail id email@example.com
Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students MANF 2024 FAQs
The Government of India has launched this fellowship.
Applicants can apply under this fellowship by visiting https://manf.ugc.ac.in/
Applicants can contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if face any issues under this fellowship.
The minority communities students are eligible to apply under this fellowship.