Lalit Kala Akademi has announced a scholarship program under which young and budding artists will be benefited. If you are an artist and hold experience in the field then this is a very good opportunity for you. You must check the eligibility conditions once. Eligibility details along with other important information including application procedure, direct application download link, benefits, and more are mentioned below in this article. Accumulate all the details and apply under Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2023 if you meet the eligibility to grab the chance.
What Is Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2023?
There are many artists across the country who are unable to get the right opportunity to develop their art. Lalit Kala Akademi decides to provide an opportunity to all artists of visual art. To do so, a scholarship scheme has started by them known as the Lalit Kala Akademi scholarship. The objective behind starting the scholarship is to provide a workspace where the applicant’s skills can be improved and innovative ideas can be developed in their respective field of visual arts.
Also Read: Oppo India Genius+ Scholarship
Highlights Of Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship
- Launched by: Lalit Kala Akademi
- Launched for: Artists
- Number of scholarship: 40
- Benefits: cash
- Mode of application: offline
- Official site: lalitkala.gov.in
Fields of Scholarships
- Art history
- Art criticism
- Arts management
- Art curation and documentation
Selected scholars will be required to work at the Regional Centres of the Akademi
|LKAS Regional Centre, Chennai:||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Goa, Maharashtra, Lakshadweep.|
|LKAS Regional Centre Garhi, New Delhi||Delhi, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh.|
|LKAS Regional Centre, Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagar Havel.|
|LKAS Regional Centre, Kolkata||West Bengal, Meghalaya, Manipur, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Mizoram, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|LKAS Regional Centre, Bhubaneswar||Odisha, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh.|
Benefits Of Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship
- The scholarship will be given to the 40 selected candidates
- The beneficiary will get Rs. 20000 per month for a period of one year
Applicants, only those who fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria can submit the application for this scheme:
- Should be an Indian citizen
- Should possess a degree/ diploma in arts
- Applicant Should have at least 5 years of experience in visual arts
- Should not be more than 35 years of age
- Should not be less than 21 years of age
Applicants, who meet any of the below-mentioned criteria are not eligible to submit the application for this scheme:
- Applicant above 35 years or below 21 years of age
- An applicant who awarded in a national/ international exhibition
- An applicant who already received a grant under Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship
- An applicant who is employed full-time/part-time or doing business is not eligible
- Attach the certificate of disability (in case of differently abled applicants),
- Attach the certificate of Scheduled Caste/Tribe or Backward Classes issued by the Competent Authority.
- Attested copies of Education Qualifications
- Attested copies of photographs of a maximum of five original artworks that have been produced by them in the last five years, along with details carrying the information of title/ medium size and year of execution.
- The attested copy of the experience
- Details and value of artworks or publications of the applicants that have been sold during the last three years and approximate income from the sale proceeds or publications.
- Details of exhibitions in which the artworks of the applicants have been exhibited.
- In case of the applicants, have written/published any publication, then they must submit one published article of 1000 to 1500 words in Hindi or English language or translations in Hindi or English.
- One passport-size recent photograph.
- One self-attested copy of the Matriculation
- Particulars of any scholarship/fellowship received in the past and its amount and duration
- Particulars of financial aid other than scholarship/fellowship received from other agencies, inducing foreign agencies during the last five years, and the purpose for which it was received.
- Short biodata.
- Two reference letters, at least one from a senior artist or a known art teacher.
- Written concept note on the proposed research work (400 words).
The last date for submission of the application form under this scheme is within 30 days from the date of its advertisement in National dailies.
Also Check: Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program
Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the scholarship, you need to download the application form attached in the PDF file
- Take a print of the application and start filling in the details as asked
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Qualification etc.
- Complete the form and attach the passport size image with it
- Attach all the documents as listed above
- Submit the application form along with documents after enclosing it in an envelope to Secretary, Lalit Kala Akademi Rabindra Bhavan, 35, Ferozeshah Road New Delhi 110001
- Address: Lalit Kala Akademi, 35, Ferozeshah Road, Rabindra Bhavan, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001.
- Tele- D11-23009225/ 23009219;
- Email: scholarship. lka gmail.com