Michigan State University is one of the topmost universities in the United States. It is a public University. The university welcomes international students as well. Studying at Michigan State University is a little bit expensive for international students. To support creative minds and invite them to study at the university various scholarships are provided. To get detailed information students may read this article very carefully. All the Michigan State University Scholarships program-related details are available in this article to further including eligibility criteria, the application process, and other significant details.
About Michigan State University Scholarships
Michigan State University provides various scholarships to international students. Under the scholarship program, students who have taken admission to the university will get monetary benefits. These scholarships generally cover accommodation, Tuition fees full or partial, monthly stipend, travel allowance, research allowance, Health insurance, and study tour. Students may check the eligibility conditions and if they find themselves eligible then submit the application. Application submitted to the university for admission will automatically be considered for the various scholarship program.
Highlights Of Michigan State University Scholarships
- Name of the scheme: Michigan State University Scholarships
- Launched by: Michigan State University
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: msu.edu
Also Check: Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship
List Of Michigan State University Scholarships 2023
- Admissions scholarships
- YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- International Tuition Grant
- Global Ambassador Grant
- Red Cedar Scholarship
- Presidential Study Abroad Scholarship
- Honors College scholarships for high-achieving students
- Honors College Excellence Scholarship
- Professorial Assistantship
- Honors College Distinction Scholarship
International Student Scholarships Benefits
- YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship: This scholarship is specially for international students who have taken admitted to an under graduation degree program. All those students will be benefited who demonstrate a commitment to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides under this scheme. This scholarship covers an annual tuition fee of $25,000. This scholarship is renewable for eight semesters.
- International Tuition Grant: This scholarship is awarded to international students and covers $25,000, $21,000, or $18,000 per year for eight semesters. Selection of the students for this scholarship will be made on the basis of academic performance, student involvement, the application essay, English proficiency, and geographic diversity.
- Global Ambassador Grant: This grant will be given to international students on the basis of academic performance, student involvement, the application essay, English proficiency, and geographic diversity. Under this scheme, students will get $7,000 per year for eight semesters.
- Red Cedar Scholarship: Under this scheme, students will get $1250 per year for eight semesters.
- Presidential Study Abroad Scholarship: Under this scheme students will get $3,000 or $5,000, depending upon the length of the program.
- Honors College Excellence Scholarship: Under this scheme, students will get $13,000 annually over eight semesters. This program is for international students who are invitees of Honors College.
- Professorial Assistantship: Under this program, students will get an annual stipend of approximately $3,500 for working 8-10 hours per week on faculty-mentored research or scholarly activity, renewable for four semesters.
- Honors College Distinction Scholarship: Under this scheme, all the non-resident Honors College invitees who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents or citizens of Canada or Mexico will get $5,000 annually over eight semesters.
Also Check: Sir Ratan Tata Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Applicant must fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the university for the course they have chosen for study.
- There are no separate eligibility conditions for the scholarship
- All the applicants who applied for the course will consider for the scholarship automatically.
|Application Deadline||Admissions Decision||Accept Offer|
|Early Action (non-binding)||November 1||January 15||May 1|
|Regular admission||February 1||March 31||May 1|
|Rolling||After February 1||Rolling||May 1|
Get Information: University of Hull Scholarship
Application Procedure Michigan State University Scholarships
- Open the Michigan State university official website
- From the home page go to the Admissions option
- Select the Cost and aid option and a new page will open
- Choose the scholarship option and then choose the international student scholarship option
- Go to the “YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship” and select the apply link or click here
- Download the application form and take print of it
- Complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org email before deadline after filling the application for the course
Application for Other Scholarships
Students need not submit any separate applications to get the scholarship. All the students who got admission to the university will automatically be considered for many scholarships listed above. The procedure to apply for the course is as follow:
- From the home page go to the Admissions option
- Select the admission requirements option and select the applicant type
- Grab the detailed information and if you are eligible then select apply now an option available on the opened page
- Hit get start option and then create an account button
- Enter the required details and select the continue button
- Complete the application form with all the mandatory details
- Upload all the significant documents and review the application
- Submit the application and make payment of the application fee
- Take a print of filled application and fee receipt at last.
- Address: Michigan State University 426 Auditorium Road East Lansing, MI 48824
- Phone Number: (517) 355-1855