National Fellowship for OBC has been announced by the University Grant Commission for the students who are going to pursue M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree. There are only 1000 slots available for this scheme out of which 4% of seats are reserved for Persons with disabilities. Very soon UGC will commence the online application submission for this fellowship scheme. Accumulate the exhaustive information about the scheme likewise Apply process, eligibility criteria, fellowship benefits, and more from a further session of this article.
What is National Fellowship for OBC
Under this scheme, a fellowship opportunity has been provided to the students of the Other Backward Class category. Applicants will get the opportunity to complete research work as Senior Research Fellow and Junior Research Fellow. Fellowship will be of a maximum 5 years duration 2 years of Junior Research Fellowship and rest 3 for Senior Research Fellowship. Monetary benefits will be given to the candidates. Selection of the entrants will be made on the basis of UGC-NET and CSIR-UGC-NET examination merit basis.
Also Check: OBC Scholarship
Overview of National Fellowship
|Name of the scheme||National Fellowship for OBC|
|Offered by||University Grant Commission|
|No of scholarships||1000|
|Offered for||M.Phil./ Ph.D Research|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official website||National Fellowshi|
|M.Phil.+ Ph.D.||5 years|
National Fellowship for OBC Benefits
|Fellowship in Science Humanities and Social Science||Rs.31,000/-p.m. initial two years as JRF.|
Rs.35,000/-p.m. for remaining tenure as SRF.
|Fellowship in Engineering & Technology||Rs.31,000/-p.m. initial two years as JRF.|
Rs.35,000/-p.m. for remaining tenure as SRF.
|Contingency(Humanities & Social Sciences)||Rs.10,000/-p.a. for initial two years (JRF) |
Rs.20,500/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)
|Contingency (Science, Engineering & Technology)||Rs.12,000/-p.a. initial two years (JRF) |
Rs.25,000/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs.2,000/- p.m. for physical and visually disabled candidates.|
|HRA||As per Govt. of India norms.|
National Fellowship for OBC Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must clear UGC-NET and CSIR-UGC-NET examinations
- Must secure admission in M.Phil/Ph.D degree course
- Applicants must belong to the OBC category to get this fellowship only
- Applicant must not get any other benefits from Central or State Government or other bodies like UGC for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D.
Selection of the intrants will be made on the basis of following
- Screening of applications will be made
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of UGC-NET-JRF and CSIR-NET-JRF examination marks.
- Admission Proof
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC.
- Educational Certificates.
- Email ID
- Identity proof
- Matric Certificate.
- Mobile Number
- PWD Certificate
- Recent passport size photograph.
Also Check: JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship
Procedure to Apply for National Fellowship for OBC
- Apply by opening the National Fellowship website of the University Grant Commission
- Go to the Scholarship/Fellowships column & hit the view all option on mid of the home page
- Find the “National Fellowship for OBC” link on a new page and hit the see detailed info option.
- Read the detailed information available in the notification
- Now hit the registration link and the registration form will open on the screen
- Read the instructions that appear on the screen very carefully
- Enter the details as asked on the screen and the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option and complete the process
- Provide the rest information in the form
- Upload the significant documents and submit it
- Must take a hard copy of the application for future use.
|Opening date of submission of application||Update Later|
|Closing date of submission of application||Update Later|
Cancellation of Fellowship
Under the following conditions fellowship will be canceled:
- The scholar is found ineligible
- If wrong information is furnished by the candidate
- If an adverse report is received from the institute
- Unsatisfactory progress of research work.
- Misconduct/ misbehavior/ corrupt practices
- Plagiarism or unethical practices
- Employed during fellowship
- Already availing of any other scholarship/fellowship
Points to Remember
Before applying for any scholarship program, the applicant must keep these points in mind.
- The applicant must check the eligibility before applying for the scholarship program.
- Do not wait for the last date to apply for the scholarship program.
- You must have a valid native mobile number that will remain active in recent days.
- You must have a valid and effective email ID.
- Avoid using mobile phones for Online submission of scholarship programs.
- Keep all the documents ready before applying.
- Prefer using a laptop or a desktop for the Online submission of the scholarship application form.
- Check the details carefully before the final submission of the application form.