If you have taken admission to the New Zealand University for a master’s or a Ph.D. program then you will be eligible for the latest scholarship opportunities presented by the Government of India in which financial funds will be provided to the students who are pursuing education from the New Zealand University. The article given below talks about the details of the scholarship opportunities so that you can apply for them without any problem and difficulty. We have also shared the step-by-step procedure through which you will be able to apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2022.
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
A new scholarship is presented by the organization of the Government of India to the candidates who are pursuing masters and Ph.D. courses. Only two Indian students will be selected for this scholarship scheme presented by the organization and the benefits will be provided to the candidates so that they can get admission to New Zealand University. The last date to apply for the scholarship opportunity is 15th April 2022 (tentative) and you have to submit your application form before the last date in order to be eligible for the opportunity.
Details Of New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
|Name||New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2022|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Objective||Providing scholarship opportunities|
|Beneficiaries||Students in the New Zealand University|
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship:-
- The scholarship is open for pursuing studies at master’s and PhD level courses at universities/institutions of New Zealand listed in the table below.
- The students must have completed their bachelor’s or master’s degree in the respective subjects or allied fields.
- The priority sectors in which the students can pursue studies under this scholarship programme include –
- Climate Change and the Environment
- Food Security and Agriculture
- Disaster Risk Management
- Renewable Energy
- The age of applicants should be 39 years or below.
- Applicants who have been abroad for training/research/study purpose either on scholarship or on their own for a duration of more than 6 months can apply for this scholarship only if they have been in India for at least 2 years after their return from abroad.
- He/She must not be serving in the military.
- Applicants must not have had a terminated New Zealand scholarship for poor academic performance or breach in the code of conduct within the last five years.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language with a valid score card of IELTS/PTE/TOEFL.
- They must also fulfil visa and immigration requirements.
List of Approved Universities/Institutions
Only the following universities and colleges are eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
|Name of University/Institution||QS World University Ranking 2019|
|Auckland University of Technology||464|
|University of Auckland||71|
|University of Canterbury||231|
|University of Otago||175|
|University of Waikato||274|
|Victoria University of Wellington||221|
|Southern Institute of Technology||–|
|Unitec Institute of Technology||–|
|Wintec-Waikato Institute of Technology||–|
The applicant must submit the following documents in this scholarship:-
- Scanned copies of the mark sheets, degree or diploma of the qualifying examination
- Scanned copy of birth certificate/class 10th certificate
- Letter of reference
- Scanned photograph and signature of the applicant
- Proposed plan of study in about 500 words
- List of publications (if any)
- Other relevant documentation
The following awards will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- Full tuition fees coverage
- A living allowance of NZD 491 per week in the form of a stipend
- An establishment cost to set up in New Zealand of NZD 3,000
- Medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Airfare for travel to and from the home country of the applicant
- Travel cost to go to home country during the scholarship
- Assistance in research and thesis cost (applicable for postgraduate students)
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Selection Process
The applicant will be selected for this scholarship on the basis of the following selection procedure:-
- Once you have submitted your application for New Zealand Commonwealth scholarship online, the initial shortlisting of applicants is made by the MHRD on the basis of a merit list that gives weightage to Institutions of National Importance/Centrally-Funded Educational Institutions and NAAC accredited institutions.
- Out of the total number of applications received by MHRD, only two applicants are further nominated for the award of scholarship. Further, the selection process adopted by MFAT involves various stages that depend on the number of applications received by them.
- The MFAT initially screens the applications and then conducts the psychological testing of students.
- The key guidelines considered while making the final selection include –
- Strong academic ability.
- They must be able to show commitment towards the economic and social development of the country.
- He/she should fulfil the age limitation before the scholarship begins.
- They must select courses that are aligned with the recommended subjects.
- They must be willing to encourage positive relations with New Zealand.
Application Procedure New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
- Click on the link given here to go to the official PDF for the scholarship opportunity
- Read the details of the scheme carefully.
- The application form for the scholarship opportunity is also attached with the PDF.
- You have to take a printout of the application form.
- You have to fill up the application form.
- Attach all of the documents to the application form.
- Send the application form to the following address-
- Director Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Department of Higher Education
- External Scholarships Division
- West Block-1, 2nd Floor, Wing-6
- R K Puram New Delhi 110066, lndia
- Tel: +9L 11 26172492
- Fax: +91 11 2338 1355
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), New Zealand
- 195 Lambton Quay, Private Bag 18 901
- Wellington 6160, New Zealand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +64 4 39 8000