A new sports scholarship is presents by the organization so that the sportsperson can apply for the prestigious scholarship scheme. You can check out the details relates to the new scholarship scheme which is know as the NHPC Sports Scholarship 2023. You can check out the details related to the important dates and the other information for the scholarship from the article provided below. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria and the step-by-step procedure through which you will be able to apply for this scholarship from the pointers given below and apply for it accordingly.
About NHPC Sports Scholarship 2023
NHPC Sports Scholarship scheme for upcoming sports persons for 16 games – Football, Kabaddi, Hockey, Boxing, Archery, Athletics, Shooting, Cricket, Swimming, Wrestling, Volleyball, Bridge, Table Tennis, Chess, Badminton and Para sports. The scholarship will be available to people who want to continue their sports education without having to worry about the financial differences that they are going through. The scholarship will distribute between Elite scholars and other scholars base on the merit that they have achieve during their sports journey. You can apply for this scholarship scheme by visiting the official website of the organization and filling out the application form available at the official website. You can fill out the application form before the last date of 19th December in order to be eligible for this prestigious scholarship.
Also Read: ONGC Sports Scholarship
- The last date for receiving filled-in application forms at the specify address will update soon.
You can check out the details related to the performance from the table given below:-
|Team Game||Representing the country at the junior or senior level||Representing the State team at the junior or senior level|
|Individual Games||National ranking between one 5 in juniors or sub juniors or semi-finalists of the finalist in the national championship.||National ranking between 6-15 in juniors or sub juniors or semifinalist/finalist in the national championship|
|Para Sports||Must possess a licence issued by the ParalympicCommittee of India (PCI).National Ranking between 1-5 by PCI.||Must possess licence issued by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI). National Ranking between 6-15 by PCI.|
Scholarship Tenure And Performance
You can check out the tenure and the performance of the scholarship from the pointers given below:-
- After the selection of the applicant for the NHPC Sports Scholarship, the duration of the sports scholarship shall be for a period of 3 years irrespective of the age of the scholarship recipient during the scholarship period.
- After the completion of one year duration period of sports scholarship; the performance of the players will be reviewed based on his/her performance/achievements in the State level / National level and All India Ranking tournaments, for junior/sub-juniors. Based on the same, sports scholarships will be extended for the second year. The extension for the third year will be based on the performance of players in the 2nd year of the sports scholarship.
- In case, the performance of a player in the 1st year is not up to the mark, NHPC may terminate the scholarship granted to the upcoming sports scholar. A fresh sports scholar will be selected in lieu of the above.
If you want to get the monthly stupid then you must follow the eligibility criteria:-
- 9000 in first year
- 10000 in 2nd year
- 11000 in 3rd year
- Elite Scholar
- 12000 in 1st year
- 13000 in 2nd year
- 14000 in 3rd year
The following items will include in the sports kids which will produce by the authorities:-
- A maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year to each scholar can be provided on the production of
- original bills towards the purchase of sports kit.
- DA/TRAVEL / HOTEL ACCOMMODATION for outstation tournament expenses
- A maximum amount of Rs. 48,000/- in a year towards DA/travel/hotel accommodation/ conveyance etc. for scholars (individual game only) taking part in a maximum 6 All India Ranking tournaments is permissible on the production of original bills. No provision has been kept for DA/travel/hotel accommodation/ conveyance etc. in team games.
Terms And Conditions
You can check out the terms and conditions for this scholarship from the pointers given below:-
- The player selected under the NHPC Sports scholarship will not be entitled to draw any other scholarship / financial aid/stipend from any other source whatsoever for sporting activity nor he/she should be given double benefits for two sports. However, the same can be relaxed in specific circumstances with the approval of CMD, and NHPC.
- In case there are more eligible applicants than a number of sponsorship offered in particular sports, the order of preference will be as under:-
- (i) Applicant who is Ward (Son/Daughter) of NHPC employee.
- (ii) Applicant from Project Affected families of NHPC Projects subject to submission of certificate in this regard.
- (iii) Applicant qualified for Elite Scholars Category.
- (iv) Applicant has received
- a) a Maximum number of 1st ranks/Gold Medals
- b) a Maximum number of 2nd ranks/Silver Medals
- c) a Maximum number of 3rd ranks/Bronze.
- (v) Applicant of older age will get preference over applicant of younger age.
- There is no obligation on the part of NHPC to give employment to the NHPC Sports Scholars.
- The Management of NHPC may amend the prescribed sports scholarship amount from time to time.
- Selection of sports scholars for a scholarship will be made by inviting applications from interested sports scholars at the website of the Company announcing the availability of the NHPC Scholarship.
- The application will be routed through and recommended by the appropriate Authority / Institution (such as the Head / Principal of the Institution / School) along with a certified copy of the standing of the sports scholar inappropriate National/State level issued by the concerned Sports Authority.
- All sports scholarships will be for a period of three years with no extension and will be discontinued in case the performance of the player is not found satisfactory. The NHPC can withdraw the scholarship at any time without any notice or assigning any reason.
- The sports scholars will have to submit their performance report immediately after the completion of a tournament with necessary press clipping through the Head of the Institution / Principal or from their National / State Association.
- The sports scholars will have to wear T-shirts and Track Suits with NHPC Logo while playing in tournaments and while participating also. They will also carry the kit bags with the logo during practice and tournaments.
- Sports scholarship applicants will be required to sign an undertaking (Annexure I) and NOC (Annexure II) at the time of receiving a scholarship.
- Exceptionally talented /potential sports scholar(s) in any game as listed above not meeting the age, and eligibility criteria may be considered with the approval of CMD, NHPC.
The following documents are require in order to successfully apply for this prestigious scholarship scheme:-
- Duly filled in application form signed by the applicant and recommended by the Head/Principal of the Institution/School where the applicant is studying/ Secretary of the State Federation/ National Federation of the concerned sport with signature, name, designation, and seal.
- Self-attested photocopy of proof of date of birth as per point 5 of the application form.
- Photocopies of certificate/result/documents etc. duly attested by a gazetted officer for details mentioned against points 9.1 to 9.4 of the application form.
- In case the applicant belongs to SC/ST/OBC category he /she has to send a copy of his/her caste certificate duly attested by a gazetted officer as per point 7(a) of the application form.
- If an applicant is the son/daughter of an NHPC employee, the applicant has to submit a copy of his/her parent’s identity card whose details are mentioned at point 7(b) of the application form.
- Annexure-I duly signed by the applicant and parent/ guardian with a date.
- Annexure-II duly signed by the parent/guardian of the applicant and attested by a gazetted officer with signature, name, designation, and seal.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for the scholarship:-
- The scholarship will be given to upcoming junior players in the age group of 14-19 years (as of 01.12.2022). Players born on or after 01.12.2003 and on or before 01.12.2008 are eligible for such a scholarship. For Para Sports, the age for applying for a scholarship will be between 14-24 years (as of 01.12.2022). Players born on or after 01.12.1998 and on or before 01.12.2008 are eligible for scholarships in the Para sports category.
Also Read: Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the following application procedure in order to successfully apply for the scholarship:-
- The duly completed & signed application form together with requisite enclosures should be sent at the following address so as to reach latest by 19th December 2022.
- Applications received after the above date will not be considered.
- Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator
- Corporate Communication Department,
- NHPC Limited,
- Sector-33, Faridabad, Haryana -121003