The national scholarship portal is the official portal which is created by the Indian government for the development of post-matric and other types of scholarship opportunities for Indian students who want to pursue higher education but they are not able to do so because of the economically backward society that they have come from. You can check out the details related to the NSP Post matric Scholarship scheme presented in the article provided below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to do your registration. We will also share with you all the last dates that you need to follow in order to apply for NSP Post Matric Scholarships for Minority 2023 opportunities presented by the organization.
About NSP Post Matric Scholarships for Minority 2023
The Government of India provides a post-matric scholarship programme specially available through the national scholarship portal. Candidates can apply for the post-matric scholarship scheme by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal. The organization presents this scholarship scheme in order to help people get higher education without having to worry about financial expenses. You will just have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal and fill out the application form available from the Government of India. The scholarship will award to the Government as well as private Institutions which are available in India. The main motive behind the development of this scheme is to provide financial help to the students.
- Scholarship Closing Date: Update Soon
- Last date for Defect Verification: Update Soon
- Last date for Institute Verification: Update Soon
Benefits Of NSP Post Matric Scholarships for Minority
The following benefits will be available for the post-matric scholarship scheme:-
|Rate of Scholarship – Course Fees||INR 20,000 per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (For both Hosteller and Day Scholar)|
|Maintenance Allowance||INR 1,000 per month for 10 months for HostellersINR 500 per month for 10 months for Hostellers|
|Scholarship for listed institutes||The full course fee reimbursement for 85 listed institutes*|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The applicant must belong to a minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi)
- The applicant be studying in Class 11,12, graduate, postgraduate, technical or vocational courses, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree
- The applicant has secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination
- The applicant has an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh from all the sources
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for the post-matric scholarship scheme:-
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic marksheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar Card enrollment/Aadhaar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
Also Check: National Scholarship Scheme
NSP Post Matric Scholarships for Minority 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the NSP Post Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will appear on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure in order to get selected for the post-matric scholarship scheme:-
- Fresh Application – Weightage will be according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will give to the senior applicant.
- Renewal Application – The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants’ application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to be eligible for the post-matric scholarship scheme:-
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of the Central Government for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Financial assistance will give to pursue graduate-level or postgraduate-level technical and professional courses from a recognize institution.
- The students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarships. However, such students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/graduation level in the case of Fresh Scholarship only. The selection of these students will be on strictly on a merit basis.
- The Scholarship will not give to more than two students from a family (applicable for all three Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the criteria will decide by the competent authority of the institutions.
- The institute shall certify the claim of a student as an outstation student on the basis of the permanent address and address of the parent who does not reside in the hostel of the institution concerned.
- Migration of students from one school/institute to another does not allow for renewal applicants during the period of an academic course.
- If a student violates the institution’s discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may suspend and cancel
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration can directly cancel the award if duly satisfied with the reasons for violation of the regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, the scholarship will be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Government. The student shall also be delisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme will not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship in the M.B.B.S. course or for practical training in other courses if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in another course.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
- Phone Number – (0120)-6619540
- Email Id – email@example.com