The Odisha Government has allocated a budget of Rs. 30,030 crores for the education sector in the Budget 2023-24. The new scheme, Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana 2023, will provide scholarships to undergraduate, postgraduate, technical, and professional students. The government will also offer free coaching for Civil Services Examination and free lodging and boarding facilities to 200 meritorious students selected through an entrance exam. Other highlights of the budgetary allocation for the education sector include funds for school and mass education, infrastructure development of higher education institutions, skill development, technical education, and creating self-employment opportunities for unemployed youths. Overall, the budget allocation reflects the government’s commitment to promoting education and empowering the youth of the state.
Overview of Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana
The Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana is a new scheme implemented by the state government to provide financial assistance to deserving undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), technical, and professional students. The scheme offers a scholarship of Rs. 10,000 per annum to 10,000 eligible UG students, Rs. 15,000 per annum to 5,000 eligible PG students, and Rs. 20,000 per annum to 10,000 eligible technical and professional students. The scheme offers financial assistance to students who are meritorious and economically weaker sections of society. The scheme aims to encourage students to pursue higher education by providing them with the necessary financial support. The application process is simple and can be done online through the official website of the scheme.
Also Check: Odisha State Scholarship Portal
The eligibility criteria for Odisha scholarships vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Check the eligibility criteria given below:
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Odisha and should have a domicile certificate issued by the competent authority.
- The scholarship may be applicable to students pursuing different levels of education such as undergraduate, postgraduate, technical, and professional courses.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed the specified limit as per the scholarship guidelines. This varies for different scholarships.
- The applicant must belong to a specific category, such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), or Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
- Many scholarships are awarded based on academic performance or merit. Applicants should have a good academic record and may need to maintain a certain percentage or grade point average to continue receiving the scholarship.
The required documentation may also vary depending on the scholarship. However, some common documents that may be required include:
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Mark sheets of the previous academic year
- Bank account details
- Passport size photographs
- Admission receipt/fee receipt
- Bonafide certificate
- Identity proof (voter ID, PAN card, driving license, etc.)
Types of Scholarships
- 30,030 crore in the Education Sector which is about 12.3 percent of the total Budget outlay for 2023-24.
- 811 crore under Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chatra Protsahan Yojana for disbursement of scholarships to eligible students.
- 170 crore under Mo College Abhiyan and Rs.50 crore for distribution of laptops under Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana.
- 228 crore for infrastructure development of Government Universities and Colleges under the Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE).
- 986 crore for Skill Development and Technical Education.
- Transformation of Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla, and Odisha University of Technology & Research with an outlay of Rs.2,000 crore and Rs.1,500 crore, respectively, over 5 years to make their world-class technical institutions.
- 241 crore provided for the development of Technical Universities, Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics, and ITIs.
- 10 crore under the Sudakhya scheme to cover girl students, irrespective of category, studying in Government ITIs and Polytechnics.
- 100 crore provided under Odisha Skill Development Project to promote industry-linked training programs and to enhance the employability of youth of the State.
- 22 crore was provided to the Directorate of Employment for the creation of self-employment opportunities for unemployed youths.
Also Check: Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha
How to Apply Under Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana 2023?
- Visit the official website of the scholarship portal of the Government of Odisha
- Click on the “Student Registration” link on the homepage to register for the scholarship.
- Fill in the registration form with the required details such as your name, email id, mobile number, date of birth, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification.
- Verify your mobile number and then log in to the portal using your registered email id and password.
- After logging in, you can access the scholarship application form.
- Fill in the application form with the required details such as personal information, academic details, bank account details, etc.
- Upload the required documents such as income certificate, caste certificate, mark sheet, etc.
- After completing the application form, click on the “Submit” button to apply.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana
The Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana is a scholarship scheme that provides financial assistance to meritorious students in the state. The benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- Financial Assistance: The scheme provides a significant amount of financial assistance to eligible students. Undergraduate students can receive Rs. 10,000 per annum, postgraduate students can receive Rs. 15,000 per annum, and technical and professional students can receive Rs. 20,000 per annum.
- Merit-Based: The scholarship is awarded based on merit, which means that only the most deserving and hardworking students will receive financial assistance.
- Encourages Higher Education: The scheme is designed to encourage students to pursue higher education without any financial constraints. This will help more students to pursue their dreams and achieve their academic goals.
- Covers Various Courses: The scholarship is not limited to any particular course or field of study. Eligible students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, technical, or professional courses can apply for the scholarship.
- By providing financial assistance to meritorious students, the Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana can help them pursue higher education without financial constraints. This can also help to reduce the burden on families who may be struggling to support their children’s education. Therefore, eligible students need to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the scholarship as early as possible to increase their chances of receiving financial assistance.
Applying for Odisha scholarships through the Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana can offer several benefits to meritorious and deserving students in the state. This scheme provides financial assistance to eligible undergraduate, postgraduate, technical, and professional students, enabling them to pursue their higher education without any financial burden. Applying for these scholarships can also boost students’ confidence and motivate them to work harder towards their academic goals. Therefore, it recommends that eligible students apply for the scheme and take advantage of the opportunity to further their education.
Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana FAQs
Odisha Mukhyamantri Medhabi Chhatrabruti Yojana is a scholarship scheme launched by the Government of Odisha to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections of society.
The scheme is open to undergraduate, postgraduate, technical, and professional students who are residents of Odisha and belong to economically weaker sections of society.
Under this scheme, eligible undergraduate students will receive Rs 10,000 per annum, eligible postgraduate students will receive Rs 15,000 per annum, and eligible technical and professional students will receive Rs 20,000 per annum.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the online portal of the Government of Odisha.
The last date to apply for the scholarship is usually announced along with the official notification of the scheme. Applicants are advised to check the official website for the latest updates on the deadline.