A new scheme is created by the cabinet of India so that there is proper implementation of the new education policy which was presented by the prime minister in the year 2020 for the development of the young talent in India and also to improve the education in India. All the schools are now required to apply for the PM Shri Schools Scheme and implement the education policy as per the rules and regulations presented by the cabinet. You can check out the details related to the scheme from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the benefits, features, and the implementation procedure which will be followed by the authorities to implement this scheme in India.
PM Shri Schools
A new Centrally sponsored scheme is created by the cabinet which is known as the PM Shri schools. The scheme is known as the PM schools for rising India and more than 14500 schools will be developing the scheme in order to showcase all of the components related to the national education policy which was integrated in the year 2022. PM Shri Schools will help in the upgradation of the infrastructure and innovative pedagogy and technology. The scheme will also help in creating and nursing holistic development of individuals with the skills that are required in the 21st century. The schools will also provide mentorship and leadership policies to these students so that they can create a well-known career for themselves.
Benefits Of PM Shri Schools Scheme
The following benefits will be provided through the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Shri schools:-
- Quality and innovative learning will be provided to all of the students.
- Entitlements will be provided under the right to education act and 100% of schools will be provided Science and math kids.
- Annual school grants will be provided to all of the schools.
- Early childhood care and other important literacy and numerical Foundations will be provided to all of the students.
- Appropriate infrastructures will be provided for the female students.
- Flexibility will be provided in the choice of subjects offered to the student.
- More emphasis will create on the usage of the mother tongue as a medium of instruction.
- Smart classrooms and digital libraries will be provided to the students.
- Existing infrastructure will also be strengthen.
- Vocational interventions & Enhancing internship/entrepreneurship opportunities, especially with local industry. Mapping of skills with developmental projects/nearby industry and developing courses/curriculum accordingly.
- A saturation approach will adopt to develop these schools with all modern facilities. Science labs, Libraries, ICT facilities, Vocational labs, etc. will be provided to all the schools.
Features Of PM Shri Schools Scheme
There are a lot of features that will be integrated into the development of this scheme and you can check out some of the features from the pointers given below:-
- PM SHRI will provide high-quality education in an equitable, inclusive and joyful school environment that takes care of the diverse background, multilingual needs, and different academic abilities of children and makes them active participants in their own learning process as per the vision of NEP 2020.
- PM SHRI Schools will provide leadership to other schools in their respective regions by providing mentorship.
- The PM SHRI Schools will be developed as Green schools, incorporating environment-friendly aspects like solar panels and LED lights, nutrition gardens with natural farming, waste management, plastic-free, water conservation, and harvesting, the study of traditions/practices related to the protection of the environment, climate change related hackathon and awareness generation to adopt a sustainable lifestyle.
- The pedagogy adopted in these schools will be more experiential, holistic, integrated, play/toy-based (particularly, in the foundational years) inquiry-driven, discovery-oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, flexible, and enjoyable.
- The focus will be on the learning outcomes of every child in every grade. Assessment at all levels will be based on conceptual understanding and application of knowledge to real-life situations and will be competency-based.
- Assessment of the resources available and their effectiveness in terms of availability, adequacy, appropriateness, and utilization for each of the domains and their key performance indicators will be done and gaps will be filled in a systematic and planned manner.
- Linkage with Sector Skill Councils and local industry for enhancing employability and providing better employment opportunities will be explored.
- A School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF) is being developed, specifying the key performance indicators to measure outcomes. Quality evaluation of these schools at regular intervals will be undertaken to ensure the desired standards.
Implementation Of PM Shri Schools Scheme
PM Shri schools will implement through the existing administrative structure which is available for the schools like KVS and NVS. Various other autonomous bodies will involve in the implementation of a very specific project. The schools will monitor regularly by the concern organization so that the organization can assess the progress and understand the challenges which are face by the school in the implementation of the national education policy 2020. The schools need to apply for the scheme through a very particular online portal and this portal will open four times a year once every quarter for the first two years of the scheme. Geo-tagging will force so that there is proper selection and monitoring of the schools.
States/UTs would sign MoU agreeing to implement NEP in its entirety with the Centre laying down the commitments for supporting these schools for achieving specified quality assurance as PM SHRI schools. Schools that are eligible to get selection as PM SHRI Schools would identify on the base of the prescribed minimum benchmark through UDISE+ data. Only the schools from the above eligible pool of schools would compete to fulfill the challenge conditions. Fulfillment of conditions would be certified by States/KVS/JNV through physical inspection. States/UTs/KVS/JNV shall verify the claims reported by Schools and recommend the list of schools to the Ministry. A maximum of two schools (one Elementary & one Secondary/Senior Secondary) would get selection per block/ULB with an upper limit of the number of total schools across India.
PM Shri Schools Application Procedure
There are more than 18 lakh beneficiaries who will get benefits through the implementation of this scheme. The schools will require to fill out the application form for this scheme available on the online portal and the portal will open four times in a particular year. The school will have to apply for the scheme in the first two years. The schools will be competing through challenge mode in order to become exemplary schools for the rest of the country.