The good news for the students residing in Jammu & Kashmir or Ladakh, the Ministry of Education has extended the Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Special Scholarship deadline. Here in this article, we are going to elaborate in detail on the latest update of the PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme. Further, you will get the eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, last date, documents to submit, and other important information related to the PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme 2022-23.
PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme
PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme has been announced by the Ministry of Education. As per the latest update, there are 5000 scholarships available for the students residing in Jammu & Kashmir or Ladakh who have taken admission outside the state. The last date to submit the application has been extended. Moreover, the annual family income of the applicant’s family has been reduced to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs from Rs. 6 Lakhs. Eligible students may submit the online application form before the last date. Further in this article, you will get detailed information related to the Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Special Scholarship, have a look.
Highlights Of PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme
- Name of the scheme: PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme
- Launched by: Ministry of Education
- Launched for: students
- Number of Scholarship: 5000
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: online
- Last date: 26th March 2026
- Official site: update soon
Objective Of PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme
PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme has been revised by the Ministry of Education. the objective of the authorities behind this scheme is to provide financial support to the students who are going to pursue higher education from an institute situated outside the state that is either approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This time the scholarship is available for 5000 students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
Revised Features of PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme
- The annual income of the applicant’s family is reduce
- The scholarship is offer to Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh area students
- There are only 5000 scholarships
- Applicants should belong to the EWS category
- The scholarship is for the college or university students
- The scheme will cover tuition fees and maintenance allowance
Benefits Of PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme
Beneficiaries who get select for the scholarship will get the following scheme benefits:
- Tuition fees for the general course- Rs. 30000 per annum
- The scholarship amount for engineering courses- is Rs. 1.25 Lakhs per annum
- Medical course- Rs. 3 lakhs per annum
- Fixed maintenance allowance- Rs. 1 lakh per annum
- The applicant should be a resident of Jammu & Kashmir or Ladakh
- Applicant must have passed 12th standard board examination
- Applicants must have taken admitted outside the state to institutions that are either approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The annual family income of the applicant’s family should not more than Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Educational documents
- Photo ID proof
- Date of birth proof
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Other significant documents
PM-USP Special Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 Application Procedure
Yet the authorities have not announced any official update related to the application process for the Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Special Scholarship. We will update the information once released by the authorities. You may stay tuned to our portal to get updates about the scheme in the future. Some common steps to follow are as under
- Open the official website
- Look for PM-USP Special Scholarship
- Click the link and read the information
- Select apply link to open the form
- Fill the information in an application
- Upload the documents as needed
- Review the application and submit it
- Must take a print out for future.
- The last date to submit the online application for the scheme is 26th March 2026