Post matric scholarship is a great way to continue your education even after schooling. Students can easily apply for the different types of scholarships presented by the Indian Government and they can do so by filling out the application form available at the national scholarship portal. You can check out the information on the Post Matric OBC Scholarship Scheme, Tripura 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the information about the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to be a part of this scholarship opportunity. The application procedure to apply for this scholarship is also mentioned in the article.
About Post Matric OBC Scholarship Scheme
The Government of India presents scholarships to help Tripura students who are not able to continue their education. If you are a Tripura student then you can apply for the post-matric scholarship. This scholarship is a very prestigious scholarship presented by the Indian government in order to help people get opportunities so that they can continue their education in India. Tripura government will provide allowances and also other incentives that can help them to continue their education in the state and also pursue higher education if they want to. If you are interested in this opportunity then you must visit the National scholarship portal to apply for it before the last date of 31st January.
Also Check: Tripura Pre Matric Scholarship
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st January 2023
- Defective application verification: 15 February 2023
- The Institutions will be verified till 15th February 2023.
- DNO/SNO/MNO verification will be done till 28 February 2023.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the post-matric scholarship scheme presented by the organization:-
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions
- Only those candidates who belong to OBC so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs (i.e. permanently settled) and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject e.g. I.Sc after I.A. or B.Com after B.A. or M.A. in other subjects will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, wish to study for another profession e.g. LLB after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible. From the academic year 1980-81, however, studies in two professional courses are allowed.
- Students studying in Class XI of Higher Secondary Schools which have a continuous school course of 12th class will not be eligible. However, in cases where the X class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students after passing the tenth class can join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the undergraduate/post-graduate examinations in Arts/Science/Commerce join any recognized professional or technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except for courses in Group ‘I’, and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education.
- Employed students who take leave without pay for the entire duration of the course and study as full-time students will be eligible for scholarships. From the academic year 1980-81, employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- All children of the same parents/guardians will be entitled to receive the benefits of the scheme.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the student can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her, and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this scheme from the date he/she accepts another scholarship/stipend. The student can, however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for purchasing books, and equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme.
- Students who have already received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1,50,000/- (Rs. two lacks only) per annum.
Benefits Of Post Matric OBC Scholarship Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scheme:-
|Group 1: Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses||750||350|
|Group 2: Other professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate||510||335|
|Group 3: Graduate and Post Graduate courses not covered under Group 1 & Group 2||400||210|
|Group 4: All non-degree courses||260||160|
Additional Provision for ST students With Disabilities
The following benefits to the scheduled caste students who are suffering from various disabilities:-
- (A) Reader Allowance for blind Scholars
- Level, of Course, Reader Allowance (Rs. Per month)
- Group I, II 175
- Group III 130
- Group IV 90
- Study tour charges upto a maximum of Rs. 900/- per annum, limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses, provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study
- Thesis Typing/Printing Charges- Thesis typing/printing charges upto a maximum of Rs.1000/- will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
The following benefits will be provided to the people as per fees:-
- Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination, and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. Refundable deposits like caution money and security deposits will, however, be excluded.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure in order to be selected for the scholarship:-
- All the eligible OBC candidates will be given scholarships subject to the application of the Means Test prescribed in these Regulations.
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State. In the matter of exemption from fees or other concessions also they will be treated as if they were studying in their own State.
- The award once made will be tenable from the stage at which it is given to the completion of the course subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed from year to year provided that within a course that is continuous for a number of years, the scholar secures promotion to the next higher class irrespective of the fact whether such examinations are conducted by a University or the Institution.
- If an OBC scholar pursuing a Group I course fails the examination for the first time, the award may be renewed. For the second and subsequent failure in any class, the student shall bear his/her own expenses until he/she secures promotion to the next higher class.
- If a scholar is unable to appear in the annual examination owing to illness and/or on account of any other unforeseeable event, the award may be renewed for the next academic year on submission of a medical certificate and/or other required sufficient proof to the satisfaction of the Head of the Institution and his/her certifying that the scholar would have passed had he/she appeared in the examination.
- If according to the Regulations of a University/Institution, a student is promoted to the next higher class even though he/she may not have actually passed in the lower class and is required to take an examination of the junior class again after some time, he/she will be entitled to a scholarship for the class to which he/she is promoted if the student is otherwise eligible for the scholarship.
- Maintenance allowance is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, at the end of the academic year (including maintenance allowance during holidays), provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of scholarship awarded in the previous years, maintenance allowance will be paid from the month following the month up to which scholarship was born in the last year if the course of study is continuous.
- The scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship/horsemanship in the M.B.B.S. course or for practical training in another course if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in another course.
The following documents are required to be submitted while you are applying for the different types of scholarship schemes:-
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form
- One copy of the passport-size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- A certificate (in original) of Scheduled Caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain an income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish a declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution/School concerned, if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be forwarded by the Head of the Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully apply for the scholarship program:-
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the scholars. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution at any time that a scholar has by reasons of his/her own act of default failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct such as resorting to or participating in strikes, irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned, etc. The authority sanctioning the scholarship may either cancel the scholarship or stop or withhold further payment for such a period as it may think fit.
- Suppose a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements. In that case, his/her scholarship will be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government. The student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- A scholarship awarded may be canceled if the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was originally awarded or changes the Institution of study, without prior approval of the State Government. The Head of the Institution shall report such cases to them and stop payment of the scholarship money. The amount already paid may also be recovered at the discretion of the State Government.
- A scholar is liable to refund the scholarship amount at the discretion of the State Government, if during the course of the year, the studies for which the scholarship has been awarded, are discontinued by him/her.
- The regulations can be changed at anytime at the discretion of the Government of India.
Post Matric OBC Scholarship Scheme, Tripura 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Post Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form opens on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- 0120 – 6619540
You can apply for the scholarship opportunity by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal and filling out the application form.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of Tripura state and must also belong to the OBC category to apply for the scholarship.
The applicant must fill out the application form before the last date of 31st January 2023 in order to apply for the scholarship.
You have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal and click on the previous year’s application status link to check the application status.