If you are a permanent member of the scheduled tribe category then you will be eligible to get the opportunities related to the Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2023 Sikkim. This scholarship is especially available for the people who are permanent residents of the Sikkim state and they will be provided with the opportunity to continue their education through the development of this scholarship scheme. You can check out the eligibility criteria related to this scholarship from the article provided below. We will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you can apply online for the scholarship.
About Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2023 Sikkim
A new scholarship is presented by the Assam government that will help in the development of scheduled tribe categories and the category people will be able to apply for the different types of monetary benefits available by the Indian government in order to help them to continue their private education in the country. Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students is available on the official website of the national scholarship portal. The students can fill out the application form by visiting the national scholarship portal. It is important that you fill out the application form as soon as possible and you will be able to get the monetary funds once you have successfully submitted the application form.
Also Read: Sikkim Scholarship
- Application Deadline: 31st December 2022
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th January 2023
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th January 2023
Benefits Of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
The selected students will receive the following awards as per the National scholarship portal:-
|Group||Courses||Hostellers (In INR for 10 months)||Day Scholars (In INR for 10 months)|
|Group 1||1) Degree and Postgraduate level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion, Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Sciences, and Applications.2) Postgraduation Diploma courses in various branches of Management and Medicine3)C.A/I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc. (Applicable at Day Scholar rate of only INR 550 per month)4)M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post-doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc., etc.), Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 courses5) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.6) L.L.M.||1,200||550|
|Group 2||Professional courses leading to a degree, diploma, and certificate in Pharmacy (B. Pharma), Nursing (B.Nursing), BFS, and other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics, etc, Mass Communication, Hotel Management, and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Commerical Arts, Finance for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary and vocational stream, ITI courses, and polytechnic where entrance qualification is Class 12 or above.||820||530|
|Group 3||Graduate and Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Groups 1 and 2 [e.g. B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. etc, M.A./M.Sc./M.Ed./M. Pharma etc.]||570||300|
|Group 4||All Post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which the entrance qualification is High School (Class 10)||380||230|
Additional Allowances for SC PwD
The following allowances will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scheme created by the organization:-
- a) Reader Allowance –
|Level of Courses||Reader Allowance (INR per month)|
|Group 1 and 2||240|
- b) Transport allowance of INR 160 per month for disabled students, if such students don’t;t reside in the hostel
- c) Escort allowance of INR 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability
- d) Special Pay of INR 160 per month
- e) INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students
- Study Tour – The study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 16,000, limited to the actual expenditure incurred will be paid to the student studying professional and technical courses.
- Thesis typing/Printing charges – Thesis typing/Printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- Book Allowance for Students pursuing Correspondence/Distance Education Courses – The students pursuing such courses are eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential/prescribed books besides reimbursement of course fees.
- The students belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under the scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Government/UT administration.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this scheme:-
- The applicant must be a domicile in Sikkim
- The applicant must belong to the ST community
- The applicant must be studying at the post-matric level from a recognized institution (Class 11 and above)
- The applicant must have an annual family income of below 2 lakhs from all sources
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for this scholarship program:-
- Passport-size photograph
- One attested copy of certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.
- A certificate (in original) of Caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year (if applicable)
Also Read: NSP Post Matric Scholarships
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Post Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following conditions in order to successfully apply for this scholarship:-
- The candidates after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects are not eligible to apply.
- The students who wish to shift their professional line are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The students pursuing a postgraduate course in medicine are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The students who take leave without pay and study as full-time students will be eligible;e for the programme.
- The scholarship will not be offered to students who have already enrolled in other scholarship programmes.
- The scholarship award will be renewed every year.
- The scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Courses and Private Pilot, License Courses, Courses at Training Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra) courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at Pre-Examination Training Centres of all India and State levels and Trade Courses at the Industrial Training Institute.
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects i.e. I.Sc. after IA or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. degree in one subject after an M.A. degree in other matters will not be eligible.
- The candidates who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line continue professional studies in a different line e.g. LLB. After B.T./B.Ed. the degree will not be eligible.
- The students pursuing part-time courses will not be eligible.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India