The students can apply for the scholarship scheme by visiting the official National scholarship portal and filling out the application form which is available at the national scholarship portal. You can check out the information related to the different types of scholarships provided by the Sikkim government to the students from the article provided below. Given below we are sharing with you all the information about the Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC and DNT Students Sikkim 2023. We will also share with you all the information about the application procedure you need to follow to be a part of the scholarship opportunity.
About Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC and DNT Students
The national scholarship portal was created in order to provide opportunities to people who are otherwise not able to continue their education due to the financial differences that they are currently going through. The national scholarship portal holds a lot of different types of scholarships. Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC, and DNT Students Sikkim 2023 is one such scholarship that is presented by the Indian government in order to help the students who are permanent residents of the Sikkim state but belong to the economically weaker section of the society. The students who have completed their school education will be able to apply for this prestigious scholarship.
Also Read: Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st January 2023
- Defective application verification: 15 February 2023
- The Institutions will be verified till 15th February 2023.
- DNO/SNO/MNO verification will get done by 28 February 2023.
Benefits Of Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC and DNT Students
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scheme:-
|Academic Allowance||Tuition Fees||Total|
|Group 1: Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses||10,000||10,000||20,000|
|Group 2: Other professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate||8000||5000||13,000|
|Group 3: Graduate and Post Graduate courses not covered under Group 1 & Group 2||6000||2000||8000|
|Group 4: All non-degree courses||5000||0||5000|
Eligibility Of Educational Institutions
The educational institutions will have to follow the following eligibility criteria in order to participate in this scholarship:-
- Only Institutions/Colleges with the ‘AISHE Code/UDISE’ Code’ shall be eligible for the scholarship scheme. Based on the AISHE/UDISE-Code of the institution, all details of the institution such as – registration, affiliation and accreditation, courses being offered, and the number of seats approved for each course – will be pulled from the AISHE/UDISE server onto the scholarship portal automatically.
- All participating higher education institutions shall get NAAC/NBA accreditation before 2024, for continuation in the scheme from 2025-26 onwards.
- The scholarship benefits shall link with the Aadhaar-based attendance system. Therefore, the college/institution will maintain Aadhaar-based attendance on a daily basis and will submit attendance details on the portal.
- The institutions will submit half-yearly self-audited reports to the State Governments in a prescribe format which shall be separately issued.
- The institutions should be willing to honor the FREESHIP CARD issued by the State/District Authority through the scholarship portal and admit the student without insisting on pre-payment of the college/tuition fee or hostel fee. This would pay by the student on the release of the scholarship amount by the Government as per the provisions of this scheme. In this regard, the State Governments will coordinate with the institutions located in their respective States.
- Scholarships will be given for the study of all recognize post-matriculation or postsecondary courses (Intermediate/Senior Secondary, Diploma, long-term Vocational Training Certificate, Graduate, Post Graduate courses etc.) pursued in recognize Institutions/Universities/ Colleges falling in any of the following 9 categories:
- Institutions of National Importance;
- Central University/ State University/ Autonomous colleges recognized by UGC and Universities /Colleges recognized under section 2(f) of UGC Act;
- Deemed Universities;
- All Private Universities recognized by State/Centre;
- Private Professional Institutions affiliated with a recognized Central/State University and covered by a Fee Fixation Committee as mandated by Supreme Court;
- Recognized schools/colleges for Classes XI and class XII;
- Diploma granting Institutions as recognized by State/UT Governments;
- Vocational Training Institutes affiliated with the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT);
- Institutions affiliated/ approved by the appropriate bodies like NMC/AICTE etc. or any regulatory body established by the State/UT/Centre. Provided that where a particular number of seats for a particular course have been recognized/authorized by the concerned regulatory authority, the scholarships shall be restricted to those numbers and courses
The applicants must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this scholarship scheme:-
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, EBCs, and DNTs, as notified by the Central Govt./State Govt./ UT Admin.
- These scholarships will give for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions.
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs/EBCs/DNTs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects e.g. B.Sc. after B. A or B.Com.after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A. in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in the XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course.
- However, in cases, where the tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing the tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible only if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/Science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except for courses in Group ‘1’ and no further change in the course will be allowed thereafter.
- Students, who pursue their studies through correspondence/online courses, are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distance and continuous education for courses in Central/ State Universities only.
- Only two boys of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarships availed by girls of the same parents/guardian will not adversely affect the admissibility of availing scholarships up to two boys of the same parents/guardian.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/ stipend, the student can exercise his/her option for either of the two Scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her, and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/ stipend. The student can, however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, and equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under the Scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/ State Government will not be eligible for a stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
- The ceiling on age limit for admission as regular students in different classes should be decided by the concerned Institutions.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum shall be eligible for the post-matric scholarship.
- Unemployed students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum will be entitled to the scholarship under the scheme.
Free ship card is also provided to the people if they are applying for this scholarship and you can check out more information about the card from the pointers given below:-
- All eligible students shall be entitled to take admission to the institutions without prepayment of tuition fees and hostel fees as per the Scheme Guidelines. This Freeship card shall make the student eligible to study in the institution without pre-payment of the fees, and on the condition that as and when the amount is released to the student’s account, the institution would be intimated to collect the same from the student.
- The student shall, well before the expected date of admission, register for issuance of a Freeship Card on the respective scholarship portal giving the details like the Aadhaar number, the name of the course in which he/she wants to take admission (e.g. MBBS, B.Sc., Class XI, etc.) and an undertaking that the institution’s charges would be paid within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the scholarship amount in his/her account. For the purpose of registration of the Freeship Card, the portals shall remain open throughout the year.
- The verification of the income, caste, and merit details should be automatically done from the databases which are linked online for instant verification. The process should be entirely paperless. Until the above system is brought into effect, the documents may be scanned and uploaded which include: a passport-size photograph, copy of each of the certificates for diploma, degree, etc. in respect of all examinations passed, Caste certificate duly signed by the authorized officer, valid Income certificate issued by the competent authority as prescribed by the State Govt. etc.
- After the registration on the Portal, if the student is found eligible, all States/UTs will complete the verification process within 30 days from the receipt of the registration request from the students and issue the Freeship Card through the IT portal, mentioning the course for which application is made so that the eligible students are not denied admissions due to delay in depositing tuition fees. It should be possible for the student to download the Free Ship Card from the portal itself. Once complete digitization of all the required certificates is done, such Freeship Card shall be automatically generated immediately on registration, if the student is found eligible.
- For the purpose of admission, the Freeship card will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of issue.
- If a student wants to change his/her course before taking admission to an institution, he can do so by logging on to the IT portal and a fresh Freeship Card shall be issued automatically for all eligible students.
- In case of renewal students, there shall be no need for new registration for the Freeship card, and a card once issued to him/her shall be valid for the entire course duration.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure in order to select for the scholarship program:-
- All the eligible OBC/EBC/DNT candidates will be given scholarships subject to the condition of eligibility prescribed in the Scheme, Candidates belonging to one State, but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State. In the matter of exemption from fees or other concessions also, they will be treated as studying in their own State.
- The award once made will be payable up to the completion of the course subject to satisfactory academic performance and attendance of 75% in every academic year. The attendance will be verified through the Aadhaar-based attendance System.
- If a scholar is unable to appear in the annual examination owing to illness, the award may be renewed subject to the production of a medical certificate from the prescribed authority and acceptance of the same by the institution /college.
- If according to the Regulations of a University/Institution, a student is promoted to the next higher class even though he/she may not have actually passed in the lower class and is required to take an examination of the junior class again after some time, he/she will be entitled to a scholarship for the class to which he/she has promoted if the student is otherwise eligible for the scholarship. Further, in case a student fails in any class and then again joins the same class as a regular student, he/she will be eligible for a scholarship for one additional year or the actual period, whichever is lower.
- If a scholar pursuing a Group I course fails the examination for the first time, the award may renew. For second and subsequent failures in any class, the student shall bear his/her own expenses until he/she secures promotion to the next higher class.
Also Read: Sikkim Scholarship
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC and DNT Students Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Post Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code y
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will display on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will successfully submit..
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- 0120 – 6619540
The students can apply for the Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC, and DNT Students Sikkim 2023 by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal and filling out the application form.
To apply for Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC, and DNT Students Sikkim 2023, the applicant must be a permanent resident of Sikkim state and belong to the economically backward section of the society.
The Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC, and DNT Students Sikkim 2023 will provide you around Rupees 20000 maximum in order to successfully continue your education.
You have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal and click on the application status link in order to check the application status for Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC, and DNT Students in Sikkim 2023.
The candidates can call on the toll-free number available on the official website of NSP in order to file a complaint for Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC, and DNT Students in Sikkim 2023.