Interested candidates can apply for the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students Chandigarh 2023. There are different types of benefits provided in this scholarship which range from a monthly salary and also the students suffering from disabilities will be getting additional benefits. The students can check out information about the scholarship from the article provided below. The students can check the eligibility criteria mentioned below. Also, students will also be able to know more about the application procedure from the article provided below which will help them to apply for the scholarship.
About Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
If you are a permanent resident of the Chandigarh state then you can apply for the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students in Chandigarh. This scholarship will provide you with different types of benefits if you are suffering from any disability but if you are not suffering from any disability then only you will be provided with a monthly salary of up to Rupees 700. The student’s master checks out the information related to the eligibility criteria mentioned on the official website in order to successfully apply for the scholarship scheme. The information about the scholarship will be available on the official website of the national scholarship portal. Make sure to submit the application form before 20 December 2022 in order to be eligible for the benefits.
Also Check: Chandigarh Scholarship
- Scholarship Closing Date: 20th December 2022
- Last Date for Defect Verification: 31st December 2022
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 31st December 2022
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity:-
- The applicant must belong to the OBC category
- The applicant must be studying in schools of UT Chandigarh from Class 1 to 10
- The applicant must be pursuing post-matriculation or post-secondary courses.
- The applicant must have an annual family income of not more than INR 1.5 lakh from all sources
- The students pursuing Postgraduate courses in Medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- The students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuous education.
Benefits Of Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for the prestigious scholarship scheme created by the government:-
|Group||Courses||Hosteller (In INR per month)||Day Scholars (In INR per month)|
|Group 1||a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian, and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multi-engine rating) course.c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc., etc.) f) L.L.M.||750||350|
|Group 2||a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other paramedical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics, etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation, etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma, etc.)||510||335|
|Group 3||All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.)||400||210|
|Group 4||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||260||160|
Reader Allowance for Blind Students
The following extra benefits will be available to the students in this prestigious scholarship:-
|Level of Courses||Allowance per month (In INR)|
|Groups 1 and 2||175|
The students will be provided with the following other additional allowance if they are applying for this prestigious scholarship program:-
- Study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 900 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
- Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,000 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity presented by the organization:-
- Certificates for the qualifying examination
- Proof of Income
- Caste Certificate
Terms And Conditions
There are some terms and conditions that you must follow when you are applying for the scholarship and some of them are given below:-
- The scholarship will not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer courses and Private Pilot License courses, Courses at Training –Ship Duffer in (Now INS Rajendra), courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at the Industrial Training Institutes.
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education and are studying again in the same stage of education but in a different subject e.g. I. SC after I. A or B.Com, after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A. in another subject, will not be eligible.
- The students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line e.g. LLB after B.T/B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- The students who have already received coaching in any preexamination training centers with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
- The students should not be in receipt of any other scholarship or stipend.
- The scholarship depends on the recipient’s satisfactory progress and conduct.
- The scholarship recipients cannot hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
Also Check: Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Chandigarh
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students Chandigarh 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Post Matric Scholarship website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form opens on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Phone Number – (0120) – 6619540
- Email Id – email@example.com
The students can easily apply for this scholarship by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal and filling out the application form.
There is a proper eligibility criterion that you need to follow in order to apply for this scholarship and the main eligibility criteria is that the students must belong to the OBC category.
There are a lot of benefits that will be provided to the people who are applying for this scheme and the students will be provided with a monthly stipend of up to Rupees 700.
The applicant will have to submit the application form for this scholarship before the last date of 20 December 2023 and submit it to the concerned authorities