Monthly opportunities will be provided to the people who are permanent residents of Chandigarh state. The students have to make sure that they belong to the scheduled caste category in order to apply for the scholarship opportunity known as the Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students Chandigarh 2023. The information about the eligibility criteria is also mentioned in the article provided below. The students can fill out the application form for the scholarship from the article provided below and prepare themselves for the scholarship accordingly. Make sure to fill out the application form for this scholarship before the last date to be eligible for the benefits.
About Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
The students of Chandigarh state can apply for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students Chandigarh. Students will be provided monthly benefits through the development of this scholarship. The students can apply for the scholarship by visiting the national scholarship portal. The national scholarship portal will host the application form for the scholarship so that it can be filled out by the students. The students are required to fill out the application form before the last date. The students must follow the eligibility criteria to fill out the application form. The last date to fill out the application form is 20 December 2022.
Also Check: Chandigarh Scholarship
- Scholarship Closing Date: 20th December 2022
- Last Date for Defect Verification: 31st December 2022
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 31st December 2022
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity:-
- The applicant must belong be a permanent resident of Chandigarh
- The applicant must belong to the Scheduled Caste category
- The applicant must be pursuing studies at the post-matric or post-secondary level i.e Class 11 to Postdoctoral level at any Government-recognized Institution/College/University
- The applicant must belong to a family where annual income from all the sources is less than INR 2.50 lakh
Benefits Of Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for the prestigious scholarship scheme created by the government:-
|Group||Courses||Hosteller (In INR per month)||Day Scholars (In INR per month)|
|Group 1||a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian, and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc. e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc., etc.) f) L.L.M.||1,200||550|
|Group 2||a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics, etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation, etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma, etc.)||820||530|
|Group 3||All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.)||570||300|
|Group 4||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||380||230|
Reader Allowance for Blind Students
The following benefits will be provided to the readers if they want any and are suffering from disability from the table given below:-
|Level of Courses||Allowance per month (In INR)|
|Group 1 and 2||240|
Disabled students can apply for the different types of additional benefits provided to them from the pointers given below:-
- Escort Allowance of INR 160 per month for severally handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability.
- Special pay of INR 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to severely orthopedically handicapped students residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
- Provision of transport allowance of up to INR 160 per month for disabled students, if such students reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution. The disability per the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995 is defined as blindness, low-vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, mental retardation and mental illness.
- Allowance of INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded students.
- Study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
- Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- Disabled students belonging to Scheduled Caste Tribe covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under this scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
- Book Allowance for students pursuing Correspondence/Distance education courses – The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity presented by the organization:-
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar number
- Caste certificate
- Pass certificate of last class
- Bank account passbook in the name of the applicant
- Full year’s fee receipt for the course
- Income proof issued by the Magistrate or Tehsildar
Also Check: Chandigarh University Scholarship
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students Chandigarh 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Post Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form opens on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the Submit option.
- The application status will open on your screen.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to apply for the scholarship opportunity successfully:-
- More than one child from one family can apply for this scholarship.
- The students who are pursuing their studies through correspondence can also apply.
- The students who are employed can also apply if they are on leave without pay for the entire course duration.
- Students pursuing a certain academic level (UG/PG/Diploma etc.) more than once in multiple disciplines are not eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing Postgraduate courses in Medicine are eligible to apply for the scholarship if they are not allowed to practice during the course tenure.
- The students who after passing or failing an Undergraduate/Postgraduate degree in Arts, Commerce or Science join any other recognized Technical or Professional Degree/Diploma/Certificate courses are eligible.
- The students should not be in receipt of any other scholarship or stipend.
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipients of this scholarship cannot hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Phone Number – (0120) – 6619540
- Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicant must fill out the application form for the scholarship before the last date of 20 December 2023.
The applicant must belong to the scheduled caste category in order to apply for the scholarship opportunity and must be a resident of Chandigarh state.
There are a lot of benefits that are provided to the people who are applying for this scholarship such as a monthly grant and also other grants available to disabled students.
The students must visit the official website of the national scholarship portal in order to fill out the application form.