The people who belong to the SC category can apply for the opportunity presented by the Sikkim government for pre-matric education. This scholarship is especially available for people who are not able to continue there is cooling due to the financial differences that they are going through and through this scholarship people will be able to get a minimum amount of scholarship to take into account their various expenses. Check out the information related to the Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim 2024 given below and we will also share with you all the information related to the application procedure that you need to follow in order to apply for the scholarship.
About Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students
If you are a permanent resident of the Sikkim state then you will be eligible to apply for the different types of scholarship programs provided by the Government of India, especially for the people who are permanent residents of the Sikkim state. The people will be provided with the opportunity to continue their education and to also continue the other activities in relation to their education through the development of this scholarship. The applicant must fill out the application form before the last date of 31st January in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity. The people are also eligible to get additional allowances such as grants to read books and also for transportation.
Also Check: Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students
|Last date to apply
|29th February 2024
|Defective Application Verification Date
|15th March 2024
|Institute Verification Date
|15th March 2024
|DNO/SNO/MNO Verification Date
|30th March 2024
The following grants will be provided to the people who are applying for this scholarship:-
|Scholarship for 10 months
|150 per month
|350 per month
|Books and other grants
|750 per year
|1000 per year
The following allowances will be provided to the people who are applying for the pre-Matric scholarship provided to the Scheduled Caste students:-
- Under the Centrally-sponsored Scheme of ‘Inclusive Education of the Disabled at Secondary Stage’ (IEDSS) implemented by the M/o HRD, assistance @Rs.3000/- p.a. is already being given under its “Student Oriented Component” to students with disabilities studying at the Secondary stage in Govt., local body and Govt. aided schools. However, students in un-aided schools are not covered under IEDSS. Therefore, ST students with disabilities, studying in classes IX & X in private un-aided recognized schools, will be eligible for allowances under this Scheme, as follows:
|Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private un-aided Schools
|Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students
|Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995), if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution
|Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability
|Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper
|Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The student should belong to Scheduled Caste
- The applicant should not be getting any other Centrally-fund Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- The applicant should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by the Government or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarships for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get a scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
- Scholarships will pay to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) per annum.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure to select for the scholarship:-
- All eligible Scheduled Caste candidates will give scholarships as prescribe in this scheme
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will award scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authority in that State.
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- The award once made will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will renew for Class X after the student passes Class IX.
- The scholarship is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, at the end of the academic year, provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of the scholarship, it will be paid from the month following the month up to which the scholarship was paid in the previous year.
- The Government of the State/Union Territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the scholarship money to the selected students.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant will have to follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully renew their scholarship:-
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the student. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution/School at any time that a student has by reasons of his/her own act of default failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct such as resorting to or participating in strikes, irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned, etc., the authority sanctioning the scholarship may either cancel the scholarships or stop or withhold further payment for such period as it may think fit.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements, his/her scholarship will be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government/ UT Administration. The student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- A student is liable to refund the scholarship amount at the discretion of the State Government/ UT Administration if, during the course of the year, the studies for which the scholarship has been awarded are discontinued by him/her
The following documents are required to be submitted while you are applying for the different types of scholarship schemes:-
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form
- One copy of the passport-size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- A certificate (in original) of Scheduled Caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain an income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish a declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution/School concerned, if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be forwarded by the Head of the Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority
Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Pre Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- 0120 – 6619540
The applicant will have to apply for the Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim 2024 before the last date of 31st January 2023.
If you are interested in the Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim 2024, then you can apply by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of Sikkim state and belong to the scheduled caste category to apply for the Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim 2023.
The students will be provided educational opportunities and also allowances to help them with their studies through the Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim 2024.
The additional allowances for the Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students Sikkim 2024 include Reader allowances, transport allowances, and escort allowances for the students