The pre-matric scholarship is available for people who are permanent residents of the Sikkim state but belong to the scheduled tribe category and this will help in the development of a human resource for the people who belong to this backward caste and category and or not able to accompany themselves with the financial funds so that they can continue their education. You can check out the details related to the Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students Sikkim 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the information related to the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to be a part of this scholarship.
About Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students
If you belong to the scheduled tribe category in the Sikkim state then you will be eligible to apply for the Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students that is presented in order to help people get proper opportunities related to schooling education. The people applying for this scholarship will be eligible to get monthly incentives so that they can continue their education even if they are living in hostels in the organizations. People can apply for this scholarship opportunity by visiting the official website of the National Scholarship Portal. The applicant must submit the application before the last date of 31st January in order to be eligible.
Also Check: Pre Matric Scholarship
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st January 2023
- Defective application verification: 15 February 2023
- The Institutions will be verified till 15th February 2023.
- DNO/SNO/MNO verification will be till 28 February 2023.
The following grants will be provided to the people who are applying for this scholarship:-
|Scholarship for 10 months||150 per month||350 per month|
|Books and other grants||750 per year||1000 per year|
The following allowances will be provided to the people who are applying for the pre-Matric scholarship provided to the scheduled tribe students:-
- Under the Centrally-sponsored Scheme of ‘Inclusive Education of the Disabled at Secondary Stage’ (IEDSS) implemented by the M/o HRD, assistance @Rs.3000/- p.a. is already being given under its “Student Oriented Component” to students with disabilities studying at the Secondary stage in Govt., local body and Govt. aided schools. However, students in un-aided schools are not covered under IEDSS. Therefore, ST students with disabilities, studying in classes IX & X in private un-aided recognized schools, will be eligible for allowances under this Scheme, as follows:
|Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private un-aided Schools||Amount|
|Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students||160|
|Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995), if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution||160|
|Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability||160|
|Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper||160|
|Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students||240|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The student should belong to Scheduled Tribe
- The applicant should not be getting any other Centrally-fund Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- The applicant should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by the Government or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarships for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get a scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
- Scholarships will pay to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) per annum.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure to get selection for the scholarship:-
- All eligible Scheduled Tribe candidates will scholarships as prescribed in this scheme
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authority in that State.
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- The award once made will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed for Class X after the student passes Class IX.
- The scholarship is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, at the end of the academic year, provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of the scholarship, it will be paid from the month following the month up to which the scholarship was paid in the previous year.
- The Government of the State/Union Territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the scholarship money to the selected students.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant will have to follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully renew their scholarship:-
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the student. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution/School at any time that a student has by reasons of his/her own act of default failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct such as resorting to or participating in strikes, irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned, etc., the authority sanctioning the scholarship may either cancel the scholarships or stop or withhold further payment for such period as it may think fit.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements, his/her scholarship will be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government/ UT Administration. The student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- A student is liable to refund the scholarship amount at the discretion of the State Government/ UT Administration if, during the course of the year, the studies for which the scholarship has been awarded are discontinued by him/her
The following documents are required to submit while you are applying for the different types of scholarship schemes:-
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form
- One copy of the passport-size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- A certificate (in original) of Scheduled Tribe duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain an income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish a declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly countersigned by the Head of the Institution/School concerned, if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be forwarded by the Head of the Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority
Also Check: Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students Sikkim 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Pre Matric website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will display on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will successfully submit.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- 0120 – 6619540
You can apply for Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students Sikkim 2023 by visiting the official website of NSP.
If you want to apply for Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students Sikkim 2023 then you will gave to submit the application form before the last date of 31st January 2023.
The applicant must be a permanent president of Sikkim state and belong to the ST category to apply for Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students in Sikkim 2023.
If you are still taking into account schooling education then you can renew your scholarship by getting good marks in your previously qualifying exam.
You can check the application status for this scholarship by visiting the official website of NSP and clicking on the link called application status.