The Saksham scholarships will be provided to the beneficiaries situated in the Jammu and Kashmir state. This initiative will help the people who have suffered from coronavirus disease and financial assistance will be provided to the families who have lost their breadwinners due to corona. Today, we will share with all of you the details of the Saksham Scholarship for Covid Families specially available for the beneficiaries from Jammu and Kashmir state. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Saksham scholarship for COVID families. We will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures to apply for the scholarship.
What Is Saksham Scholarship for Covid Families?
The Administrative Council (AC) which is led by the Chairman Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha in Jammu will be providing financial relief to the families who have suffered from the coronavirus pandemic. The financial relief will be provided through a special assistance scheme specially available for the families of covid-19. Families who have lost their family members or are currently suffering from covid will be provided with special financial assistance. The scheme will be specially implemented in the Jammu and Kashmir state. Through this scheme, the beneficiaries will be provided financial assistance to continue their life if they have lost their family members due to this pandemic.
Details Of Scholarship
|Name||Saksham Scholarship for Covid Families|
|Launched by||Administrative Council (AC)|
|Objective||Providing financial relief to the COVID families|
|Beneficiaries||The family is suffering from COVID situated in Jammu and Kashmir state|
|Official site||Saksham Scholarship|
Saksham Scholarship for Covid Families Objective
We all know that how badly coronavirus has affected the lives of people in the country. Many people have lost their life due to this pandemic and many are struggling for their daily basic necessities. So, in order to bring back life on track for these affected people, the government has started this scholarship scheme for the people of Jammu Kashmir. The main objective of starting this scholarship scheme is to make these affected people’s life better and provide them with opportunities so that they can lead stable and happy life. Help in the form of financial assistance will be provided to these people by the government.
Other Scholarships for Covid Affected Students
Benefits Of The Scheme
The benefits of the scholarship are as follows –
- Under the new scheme Saksham, the surviving spouse, and one eldest surviving member of the affected families will receive a special monthly pension of Rs. 1000 through direct bank transfer (DBT), provided that they are not otherwise receiving any pension under other schemes.
- Additionally, the scheme will also provide special scholarships to children who lost their earning parent(s)/ sibling(s)/ guardian(s) to Covid.
- The special scholarship will be paid annually at the rate of Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 40,000 through DBT to children studying up to 12th standard, and higher education, respectively
- The Administrative Council also approved the creation of a special cell in the Social Welfare Department for hand-holding the families of CO victims and facilitating the extension of benefits under different Government schemes including financial assistance for self-employment.
- The said cell will consist of the Director General, Women & Child Development, Director, Social Welfare Kashmir/ Jammu, Mission Director, ICPS, and a representative of the Finance Department.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir state
- The breadwinner of the family must have died due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The detailed eligibility criteria will be available in the official notification published by the organizations in view of the Saksham Scholarship For Covid-19
Saksham Scholarship for Covid Families Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for the scheme:-
- The detailed application procedure to apply for the Jammu and Kashmir Saksham Scholarship For Covid Families is not yet available.
- The candidates can check out the official website of Jammu and Kashmir state to get more knowledge on the subject
The implementation procedure for the scholarship is as follows:-
- Jammu and Kashmir have become the first union territory to provide relief to Covid affected families.
- The Administrative Council also approved the creation of a special cell in the Social Welfare Department for handholding the families of Covid victims and facilitating the extension of benefits under different government schemes including financial assistance for self-employment.
- The special cell will consist of the Director General, Women and Child Development, Director, Social Welfare Kashmir/Jammu, Mission Director, Integrated Child Protection Services (ICPS), and a representative of the Finance Department.